xbmc remote app setup
forgive me im still learning but i downloaded the remote app for my iphone 4s and im having trouble setting it up. i am at a loss trying to get the remote app to discover my xbmc, the screenshot below shows my settings on xbmc 11 non beta which is running on my apple tv 2?

can anyone see where im going wrong? thanks in advance
Port 8080 is the port used to for the XBMC web interface - not sure if you can also use that for the remote control. I have mine set to port 80 - might want to try that. Also might want to try without a password first before you work out the connectivity issues.
better deactivate the password on airplay too - it might be buggy when using ios >= 5.0
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
its manatory to use a port between 1025-65535? so i have chosen 8888 and taken away passwords but the remote app is still unable to discover it, its says manual discovery is for windows users so would i be able to use manual considering im on ios 4.4.4?

from my pic above where in my settings is my webserver enabled as the tutorial videos are older and have a different lay out?
Which app are you trying to use on your iPhone?
Im using xbmc remote from the app store. I manger to get it working by going to the network page pictured above goto > Internet access > use a proxy http but this comes at a price as I now can't stream anything to my atv2? It looks like its one or the other?
Are you sure that it work with Eden ? Last update of it was 30 sept 2010. XBMC Commander works perfect for me.
+1 for XBMC Commander. There are lots of good ones out there, but I'd be concerned about the lack of updates too. Other remotes were pushing out updates as Eden was being developed.
Cheers guys didn't realise it was so old. I'll try commander and let u all know. Thanks for the input
Tried yesterday. It works with eden perfectly(Apple TV 5.0) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgzXql0dw50 the video shows the setup of XBMC and remote app
(2012-04-02, 21:27)mack3rs Wrote: its manatory to use a port between 1025-65535? so i have chosen 8888 and taken away passwords but the remote app is still unable to discover it, its says manual discovery is for windows users so would i be able to use manual considering im on ios 4.4.4?

from my pic above where in my settings is my webserver enabled as the tutorial videos are older and have a different lay out?

Thank you this worked for me, been trying to fix it for a week.
Setting the port to 8888 worked for me, now I can watch tv in the bedroom and control it through my phone, great!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc remote app setup0