Win External player MPC-HC with Windows 7
Question 
I've just update my PC from XP to Windows 7.
If for XBMC only, i've until now see only improvement, on the contrary, for MPC-HC i've only see high regression.
The big one for me is launching MPC-HC from XBMC. Under XP, it worked perfectly, now, it's impossible. Started on his own, MPC-HC play almost fine (i have specific issues, but not the point here), just, nevertheless, there is some files wich still play perfectly fine when i start them from MPC-HC, alone.
When i start these same files wirh MPC-HC from XBMC, it's a total disaster, frames freeze during almost a second, display is corrupted, a total mess !!! As the exact same thing worked perfectly fine under XP, maybe there is some kind of configuration i miss somewhere, but i've no idea what i could be.
Having never used Windows 7 until now doesn't help me either, being sometimes lost in the settings...
If anyone has some clue/information, it will realy help me.
Thanks.
In your playercorefactory.xml make sure you have hidexbmc set to true.
@jpsdr-

Make sure to set playercorefactory as below-

<args>"{1}" /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

Since you are using W7 now, you might want to consider select "High Performance" in W7 control panel power option and consider enable DXVA2 in XBMC system/video/playback...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-01, 20:57)bluray Wrote: Since you are using W7 now, you might want to consider select "High Performance" in W7 control panel power option ...
.............Huh
I'll search, and hope i'll find what this is (in my french version)...

Otherwise, thanks for these suggestions, i'll try them, and report results.
I've just take a look to my playercorefactory, and hidexbmc was to false. This is the 1rst thing i'll try, and probably the cause.

DXVA2 : I've tried only a few seconds, i've found the result not so good, so came back to SW decoding.
Doesn't matter, as i have a good CPU (i7@980).
(2012-04-02, 19:40)jpsdr Wrote:
(2012-04-01, 20:57)bluray Wrote: Since you are using W7 now, you might want to consider select "High Performance" in W7 control panel power option ...
.............Huh
I'll search, and hope i'll find what this is (in my french version)...
See my screen shot below---

(2012-04-02, 19:40)jpsdr Wrote: Otherwise, thanks for these suggestions, i'll try them, and report results.
I've just take a look to my playercorefactory, and hidexbmc was to false. This is the 1rst thing i'll try, and probably the cause.
The codes need to be as below for it to be stable-

<args>"{1}" /close</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>

(2012-04-02, 19:40)jpsdr Wrote: DXVA2 : I've tried only a few seconds, i've found the result not so good, so came back to SW decoding.
Doesn't matter, as i have a good CPU (i7@980).
If you are using Intel i7, you don't need DXVA2 because you have plenty of core power. DXVA2 don't work very well with Intel GPU anyway.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External player MPC-HC with Windows 70