Linux EDEN 11.0 XBMCbuntu release
(2012-04-04, 05:26)Killerc Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 21:30)darkscout Wrote: OpenELEC.tv.

You either work/host/spam for them right?

I've seen a good few posts from you and they consist of just that one line, its not useful at all.

Yes. I work for a free opensource project. I get paid millions to promote the "Appliance" experience with XBMC.

90% of the people that install XBMCBuntu or have problems finding solutions for it are people that under normal circumstances should be nowhere near Linux.

Infact most of Boris' problems can be solved by it. Now in the past I would have just talked down to the OP, explained how everything is available in search (if he bothered to search) and posted links to those search results.

Remote on resume is a Linux kernel bug, etc.

Or since I'm short on time I just posted to a project which takes all of this and more or less fixes it.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
(2012-04-04, 14:30)darkscout Wrote:

I've seen a good few posts from you and they consist of just that one line, its not useful at all.

Yes. I work for a free opensource project. I get paid millions to promote the "Appliance" experience with XBMC.

90% of the people that install XBMCBuntu or have problems finding solutions for it are people that under normal circumstances should be nowhere near Linux.

Infact most of Boris' problems can be solved by it. Now in the past I would have just talked down to the OP, explained how everything is available in search (if he bothered to search) and posted links to those search results.

Remote on resume is a Linux kernel bug, etc.

Or since I'm short on time I just posted to a project which takes all of this and more or less fixes it.

Your right, but what I'm pointing out is with 10.1 none of these problems exist on either of my machines. You understand that right?

(2012-04-04, 11:30)natethomas Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 08:44)Jimmer Wrote: Don't want to burst your bubble, but there were three betas and two release candidates leading up to the final release. I count that as five opportunities to test the various versions and report any bugs.

That's somewhat debatably accurate, re: XBMCbuntu. XBMCbuntu Beta was only released when Beta 3 was released. So while the version of XBMC running in XBMCbuntu was Eden for Linux Beta 3, XBMCbuntu itself was only Beta 1 and no additional beta images were released by the Team before Final. As such, and particularly with regards to issues surrounding the installer, which is where XBMCbuntu primarily differs with XBMC for Linux, asking why there weren't additional Betas is at least a fair question.

Boris, I presume you have been around long enough to know your way around a log file. If you haven't already, I'd suggest posting a file (or a couple debug log files) on pastebin that show the different errors happening. With luck, several of those could be resolved by getting some dev eyes on the logs.

Thanks for the info. I have no problem posting up pastebins, but after last night having my Revo crash two times after trying to watch a MakeMKV rip I'm ready to go back to 10.1. My Revo is having the worst time with the new EDEN.

Today is a new day, lets see how it goes..

Some (at least one that I can recall offhand) OpenELEC devs are also TeamXBMC devs. There's no formal endorsement or anything like that, but it's safe to say that OpenELEC is a friend, as are most (if not all) of those who distribute linux distros based on XBMC. The community is generally good about constructive criticism and things like that, so if you do see a recommendation then it is likely to be a genuine one. In fact, when we like the distro as a whole, we tend to be more critical when we find something specific that we don't like.
#7 I was getting this issue too

I downgraded to XBMC Live and I have had no issues with locking up since.
What is this about no navigation sounds? Mine have worked out of the box on all 3 beta builds and the release candidates. Seems more to me like the hardware you're choosing to use may be having issues with the underlying operating system.
(2012-04-10, 15:20)boblablah Wrote: What is this about no navigation sounds? Mine have worked out of the box on all 3 beta builds and the release candidates. Seems more to me like the hardware you're choosing to use may be having issues with the underlying operating system.

I have never had an issue with nav sounds. My audio issues were when playing back videos.

Hmm I've the standard xbmcbuntu running on an intel i3 2125 + an amd a6-3500, it has played everything I threw at it, I've not seen issue #3, 4, 5 or 7 you mentioned. nav sounds always work fine on those.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDEN 11.0 XBMCbuntu release1