Backup data base help
Hi all.

I have been using the database backup option in which I export my library into separate folders including the fanart so that each movie and tv shows have all there own info and fanart.

What I want to know is how do u export the whole library into one file so when I build a new or another htpc I can just import my library in one go instead of selecting each tv show and movie as this would take ages.

And where does it store the single file library backup ? I don't want the fanart backup up as i already did the seprate backup to each folder I just want to be able to load it in one go.

Cheers
Not quite the answer you're looking for, but I find it better just to copy my userdata folder somewhere safe - Then I have everything.

If you export your library as a single file xbmcasks you where you want it.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

You do not have to select each item individually. Once you set the video source and content XBMC will automatically scan thru and find the relevant data that you exported as separate files. This is better in my opinion because the paths to the videos may be different on a new/different PC. You only need to go item by item if you want to refresh data from the web to replace what you have already exported.
Cheers all
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I figured it was better than starting a new one. Mudislander mentioned copying the userdata folder. Does that encompass all of the changes I make to the library such as new movie sets, fixing scraper mistakes on movie titles and such?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backup data base help0