XBMC ~ Fan Art ~ Not showing ~Image of Female?
* Recently downloaded the latest release of XBMC ( EDEN 11)

Running a 2010 Mac mini OSX

The first install went well> most movies where scraped and all the Necessary fan art was installed.

* Now After having to un-install and re-install XBMC> The Fan art does not work anymore> there is just an image of a female in a bathing suite? on all my movies> I have only 240 movies.

Most Movie's are encoded @ M4V > and I use Meta X for files meta data.

Is there a reason why this 1 Image of a female shows up on all my movies as background fanart? This is the only major issue I have now.

I've tried ~ Removing source ~ and re-add video source files> used the default scraper @ default settings> re scraped video folder> STILL NO FANART?

I went into my library/users/userdata/thumbnails folder (erased it) re-scraped the library> still no fan art

I removed XBMC and re-installed it> Still no Fan art

* Can anybody please help?

Sounds like a "Feature" to me....

And, we are going to need to see some screenshots lol

Really, though...
Turn on debug logging
Close XBMC
Delete XBMC\userdata\Database\textureX.db (where x is a number)
Relaunch XBMC and if the problem continues then copy the contents of the log to Pastebin.com and give us the link.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
(2012-04-03, 01:35)htpc guy Wrote: Sounds like a "Feature" to me....

And, we are going to need to see some screenshots lol

Really, though...
Turn on debug logging
Close XBMC
Delete XBMC\userdata\Database\textureX.db (where x is a number)
Relaunch XBMC and if the problem continues then copy the contents of the log to Pastebin.com and give us the link.

LOL!

Yah, OK so I will try the above> I hope it fixes it.

* So Delete TextureX.db only?

Yes. That will force XBMC to reload the textures (thus recreating the file).
Also, don't forget that screenshot firstRofl in case deleting the db fixes the problem.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |

OK,

I deleted the The Texture file> it is Texture6.db> It did not do anything to the fanart. And the Chick is still there> I will post a pic> but seriously should I remove my video files from my folder location transfer them to another location then re-transfer them back into the folder?

I'm soo new to this XBMC stuff> I've used Plex now for the last few years and it works wonderfully scraping stuff> but XMBC has NETFLIX which actually works to some degree, and XBMC now looks a bit better> if they can make it more user freindly it would work flawlessly.

Ok it looks like I'm going to have to send you the log.

I hope a fix is found for this> Why does it still do this even after removing all of the XBMC from the computer? Could this be a scraper issue?

* What is the best srcaper for XBMC?

Does the Fan Art add-on work better?

I have no idea why you would have some random picture as a fanart. Indeed it is rather odd. The problem returned after un-installing because you probibly did not do a compliete uninstall. When uninstalling there is an option (not sure exactly what it is labeled) that asks if you want to remove your xbmc home directory. That will remove all of you databases, addons etc. When you uninstalled you left those files alone so when you opened xbmc all of that stuff was used again.

What is your file structure like?

This is the way I organize my files (its also the recommended way)...

D:\My Movies
.........Name of Movie (Year of movie)
................Movie.bluray.fileExtension
................fanart.jpg
................folder.jpg

If you keep your files organized like this then you will not have any issues. XBMC will use fanart.jpg and folder.jpg.

Also, when you Add Source make sure you select a scraper. If your library contains mainstream movies (i.e. Hollywood movies) then choose either themoviedb.org or imdb as the scraper.

If you scraped w/ some other, random scraper then you may want to delete your MyVideoXX.db file and rescan your media into xbmc.
How to use Git
(2012-04-03, 15:33)htpc guy Wrote: I have no idea why you would have some random picture as a fanart. Indeed it is rather odd. The problem returned after un-installing because you probibly did not do a compliete uninstall. When uninstalling there is an option (not sure exactly what it is labeled) that asks if you want to remove your xbmc home directory. That will remove all of you databases, addons etc. When you uninstalled you left those files alone so when you opened xbmc all of that stuff was used again.

What is your file structure like?

This is the way I organize my files (its also the recommended way)...

D:\My Movies
.........Name of Movie (Year of movie)
................Movie.bluray.fileExtension
................fanart.jpg
................folder.jpg

If you keep your files organized like this then you will not have any issues. XBMC will use fanart.jpg and folder.jpg.

Also, when you Add Source make sure you select a scraper. If your library contains mainstream movies (i.e. Hollywood movies) then choose either themoviedb.org or imdb as the scraper.

If you scraped w/ some other, random scraper then you may want to delete your MyVideoXX.db file and rescan your media into xbmc.

Ok

Well My movies are in a folder called (Movies HD) then there are just video files of all the movies @ Named ( Open Season 3) etc...what is the fanart.jpeg? Do I need that in the folder?

I will delete XBMC and re-install.

I deleted XBMC> went into Library/applicationnb Data/user data > XBMC etc...it is erased when I delete the Desktop icon. ( so as far as I know there arn't any XBMC data files at all that I can find).

* Where are the folders that might still be used with the new install of XBMC?

* What is going on, this is a little anoying...since something this simple should work right after download> XBMC is entirely erased from the system and it still does not Re-scan the proper fan-art?

When I first add the Library I add new source> OK did that> then I pick the scraper> ok did that> then it starts to scan the system> OK everything works so far...when it's finished Fanart still does not show up, and instaed I get an image of a Female in a Bikini on a beach?...What is going on?

Could this be a virus?
You need to have all of your movies in separate folders. No other way around it. Spend some time cleaning up your files and it will pay off immensely. Name the folder with the movie title, exactly as it shows on imdb or themoviedb.org, followed by the year. This will ensure XBMC picks up the correct movie.

XBMC uses the fanart.jpg that is within each movie folder. You have do do it this way.

How to use Git
You don't have to have each movie in a separate folder, though it's a good idea, I agree.

If all your movies are not in separate folders, then as long as you don't have a fanart.jpg in the folder containing all your movies (sounds like you don't), each movie will get a unique fanart image if you ensure "Movies in separate folders named like the movie" is disabled.

My guess is that for whatever reason a fanart image has been cached for the folder - possibly due to scraping initially with incorrect settings - uninstalling/reinstalling XBMC will leave that cached image in place. Deleting the userdata/Thumbnails folder along with Textures6.db will clear it out.

If it comes back after this, then it's because it's on your filesystem OR because you scanned using incorrect settings. The details of this would also be in your Debug Log.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK

* It works!

* It turns out that XBMC uses my movies folder to place the thumbnails and fanart image files (both folders).

When I remove XBMC > They're still in my movies folders?> I delete the Fan art folders etc> and now Fanart backgrounds work.

I even spotted the female j.peg image in the folders?

* Thanks for the feedback> I will need to make another post about the movie scraper itself (it doesn't scrape the correct titles that don't have year added at the end)

I had this exact same problem. Of note, I have all my movies in separate folders, so that's no necessarily your problem. I ended up having to delete my profile folder and reloading/rescraping all of my movies and tv. That was the only thing that helped. Apparently the database files had become corrupted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC ~ Fan Art ~ Not showing ~Image of Female?0