XBMC eden (take 3) Video Crash on ATV2 running 5.0
Hi all,
I have been having many problems and an overall unstable xbmc experience on my atv2 running jailbroken ios 5.1(atv v 5.0). I am streaming all of my media from my XBMC HTPC upstairs. I tried changing audio settings, skins, uninstalling firecore media player and every other add on that was installed during the jailbreak with no luck. I have at times been able to play certain videos for 5 minutes before crash sometimes only 15 seconds before the crash where it boots back to atv main menu. Some videos do play fine some just wont play past that 10 - 15 seconds point. I have had this problem with h264 mkv 720p files as well as SD mp4 files, and I havent checked them all yet... Not sure where to go from here so I am posting my logs for some skilled interpreter to hopefully shine some light. I have a feeling that it may have to do with low memory but i don't know how this is possible because all that is on here is xbmc and whatever is stock on atv 2 running 5.0, I say this because sometimes even an untimely button press during playback will send the system into a crash.
anyways here they are

XBMC log
http://tinypaste.com/455dcaba

syslog
http://tinypaste.com/4dfcc937

icrashreporter
http://tinypaste.com/e9db9e9c

Thanks in advance for the help!
I also thought that I would add that I stream to 2 other computers , 1 tablet and 3 phones no problems all from the HTPC running XBMC eden over Ubuntu 11.10
Mine works perfectly! I love it! Smile Thanks guys for getting XBMC Eden 11 to work with the new ATV2 running iOS 5.0! I miss not having XBMC! Now I can enjoy it all over again.

I have a question. Since the jailbreak that was just released by fire core is a tethered one, will I have to reinstall everything and redo my settings once an untethered jailbreak is released? I hope I will just be able to perform an untethered jb on top of my existing tethered jailbreak without losing xbmc or any of my settings.
(2012-04-03, 21:40)turbinez Wrote: Mine works perfectly! I love it! Smile Thanks guys for getting XBMC Eden 11 to work with the new ATV2 running iOS 5.0! I miss not having XBMC! Now I can enjoy it all over again.

I have a question. Since the jailbreak that was just released by fire core is a tethered one, will I have to reinstall everything and redo my settings once an untethered jailbreak is released? I hope I will just be able to perform an untethered jb on top of my existing tethered jailbreak without losing xbmc or any of my settings.

So you just feel like posting random stuff in unrelated threads?? lol.. Sometimes I don't understand why people aren't more helpful. Although it is useful to know that yours is working, it would be 100x more useful if you said what ios you are running, what version of xbmc, what type of file share...
I'm not posting random stuff. I thought I'd share my experiences. If you would read more carefully, I did state the version I'm running. Put your glasses on.
Be nice to eachother.

happyendin21 you got a low memory crash. Well not much more i can tell you about it. Something is sucking up the RAM on your atv2 - though ios uses a huge load of it it should still be enough free for the most use cases of XBMC.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-04-03, 22:20)turbinez Wrote: I'm not posting random stuff. I thought I'd share my experiences. If you would read more carefully, I did state the version I'm running. Put your glasses on.

lol.
I apologize for not seeing that info have pneumonia right now not at my best and probably not terribly patient either... I was entirely wrong there i just saw it was working and your unrelated question.
thanks memphiz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC eden (take 3) Video Crash on ATV2 running 5.00