XBMC suddenly stopped working
I am running 4.2.1 on an ATV 2 and have been for about a year. I used whatever stock version of XBMC was available back then, not a nightly. Things have worked absolutely great for a really long time, but suddenly in the last week or so I can no longer play anything. Whenever I load a video (doesn't matter size or quality) things buffer indefinitely. It also takes a long time to even load the video. Occasionally it will load and try and stutter its way through things.

I am connected through an SMB, nothing has changed with my router or anything. I did try connecting via an ethernet cable as well and things are still incredibly slow.

Any ideas?

Oh - and for the record when I am out of XBMC I can stream netflix just fine, so I don't think its the ATV.

And tested one more thing - running video plugins work perfectly fine through XBMC. So it seems to be some issue between my hard drive and the ATV2. Any ideas as to what could cause it to suddenly stop working? I can run the videos perfectly fine on my PC, so I don't think its the HD.
post debug logs (wiki)

You might want to consider updating XBMC to the latest version (Eden final).
Is it available for my version of iOS? I thought it was only for 5.1
There was no requirement of any of the XBMC versions to update your iOS. In fact, it was actually recommended to not upgrade past iOS 4.3, since the later iOS versions were using more resources, leaving less for XBMC.

There's a special patched version of XBMC Eden Final that Memphiz/Davilla posted to get it working on iOS 5.1, which is maybe what you saw, but this is just to support that iOS version - not requiring you to upgrade to it.

If you wish to upgrade your XBMC, follow the update steps in the following:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2

I'm not saying it fixes your issue, but it's generally recommended to do so.

Ah nevermind - okay so I went ahead and updated to Eden. But now my problem gets better - it takes longer then normal to load (as it was doing before), then the video pops up and actually plays smoothly for about 3 seconds, then XBMC crashes back to iOS.
So it plays smoothly? Great, problem solved! Smile

ok - going to have to post debug logs (wiki) then.
Okay - I have to take off in a few minutes, I'll get them posted later tonight. Thanks for your help!
Okay my log file is a big wall of text. I'll post it here. Since updating to Eden I also can no longer access anything in the settings menu. I can get to the menu but I can only select the tabs at the top. When I hit down/select it won't move down to let me change settings. So basically I am unable to update to a skin that is Eden compatible. Judging from a few of the errors in my log it seems that might be causing some problems as well.

Here's my file: http://www.scribd.com/doc/87729826/Untitled

Let me know if theres a better way to upload it.
Can't read the log on my phone, but you can ssh into your ATV2 and delete guisettings.xml to get back to the default skin.
Thanks for your help. Did that - I'll have to test if that fixed it. Wife is currently watching TV. I'll post a chunk of the log file here from what looks to be an attempt to load a few shows.

http://pastebin.com/kqJ7FBNF
Use pastebin and post a crashlog ...

Beside that you should use the IP of your smb server not the netbios name. Netbios resolution gets wonky sometime (even with windows boxes).

And last but not least - you didn't turn on debugging when doing the log file. Reread the first link in my signature for doing the logs in the right way please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here we go - sorry about that.

http://pastebin.com/eMEg4az3

How do I change from the netbios name to the IP?
Go to the video source, press and hold the menu button and select "edit source".

Another thing - never cut logs. Your latest posted log is incomplete. Don't do this.

I come back to you when you poste a full xbmc.log with debugging turned on and a crashlog at the very least.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Here is a full log - I didn't get an actual crash this time, it just attempts to load the video for like 30 seconds, pulls it up for 2-3 seconds then closes out. I don't get a crash message on XBMC, though I have occasionally through this issue.

http://pastebin.com/nkcLNr8x
a bunch of ffmpeg errors in your log.

Code:
16:09:19 T:183492608   ERROR: ffmpeg[AEFE000]: [matroska,webm] Invalid EBML number size tag 0x0f at pos 1250746 (0x1315ba)

this movie seems broken. Beside that its still using the netbios name instead of the ip...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC suddenly stopped working0