v11.0 crashes (Assertion failed) when I view my movie list or play a specific movie
Here's the error I get:

I'm using a new Win 7 64bit install. I used the logging to track it down to a specific .MP4 file. When I remove the file from the folder, everything works. When I put it back, I get the crash after I view my movie list or when I try to play it using the recently added list.
The above error seems to have more info than the log file, since it just crashes it doesn't seem to add much info on what happened. But I do have a few lines of info right after the "CThumbExtractor:Big GrinoWork" and the movie title.

14:27:04 T:3948 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/avutil-50.dll)
14:27:04 T:3948 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/avcore-0.dll)
14:27:04 T:3948 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/avcodec-52.dll)
14:27:04 T:3948 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/avformat-52.dll)
14:27:04 T:3948 DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - probing detected format [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2]
14:27:04 T:3948 DEBUG: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - av_find_stream_info starting
14:27:04 T:1536 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
14:27:04 T:1536 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe
14:27:04 T:1536 DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetCurrentlyPlaying paras: GetCurrentlyPlaying
14:27:04 T:1348 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
14:27:04 T:1348 DEBUG: Thread Background Loader 1348 terminating
14:27:05 T:1536 DEBUG: HttpApi Start command: GetCurrentlyPlaying paras: GetCurrentlyPlaying

EDIT: This issue is being looked into by an XBMC team member. Thank you.
I had same issue, heres the thread, turns out it was a movie i recently added, and now have deleted!!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126490
Please don't delete the film - we may need it to reproduce the fault.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sods law, i deleted it earlier this morning, but i can get it again, so no worries there, it'll sit on different hard drive, i have had the assertion error again, but only once, but forget what i was doing with xbmc at the time!
(2012-04-03, 11:04)jmarshall Wrote: Please don't delete the film - we may need it to reproduce the fault.
I still have the file. I found that if I put the MP4 into an MKV container, it works okay. But I do get duplicate chapter entries. So I guess as the error description states, the chapters are created improperly and XBMC doesn't know what to do with it.

You could probably just download any Anarchy MP4 release as a test file, since mine and falafael's were both released from the same folks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v11.0 crashes (Assertion failed) when I view my movie list or play a specific movie0