Using library titles to custom rename files
Hi all,

I think that it will be very useful that after use scrappers to get info of our media files, like movies or TV shows, we can have an option to rename the files with that information.

For example, renaming file and subtitles of a movie to format:
Title [year].avi
Title [year].lang.srt

There are many possible options to implement, ate least just renaming media file it will be cool.
I tried to look for this feature, but I only could find external tools. I think it will be much better an internal/plugin for this purpose to get as much benefit as we can of our scrappers and mantain our library files as clean as possible.

Thank you very much in advance!!
Hi all,

I found a Phyton utility that do the job in command line. I miss an option to keep the source video (DVDRip, HDRip, BDRip, etc) in the new name.

You can found the utility called XBMCRename.py here
http://www.cardolan.net/download/

This is the description of the author:
Retreive all files linked to a .nfo file and rename them using fields found in the .nfo file (the metadata file).
This is a command line program which runs under linux and may run under windows and MacOS X but I did not test it.
For more informations type python XBMCRename.py --help
This is my first python script and it is probably not as clean as it should be. All possibilities offered by XBMC are not taken into account (very difficult whitout access to XBMC configuration)

Well, I think a built in feature like this or an plugin, application or external tool will be very useful.

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using library titles to custom rename files0