SMB no longer working
I had everything working fine and then it just quit working.

Using a jailbroken ATV 2 with whatever the current XBMC software on it. I have a external HD connected to a Time Capsule. I was using SMB to access media on the HD. Worked flawlessly and then while I was fixing movies that hadn't scraped properly, it just quit working. I get a "unable to connect to network server" error message.

XBMC won't even let me recreate the SMB connection. I tried using the SAMBA thing to establish a different connection. It could find shared files on my laptop that was connected wirelessly, but not the Time Capsule. I have no issues accessing the HD from any other computer in the house.

Any ideas?
HOW-TO post about a XBMC for iOS problem (AKA YOU MUST POST XBMC.LOG SO WE CAN HELP)
Hi.

I had a similar problem.. The thing that worked for me, and cant believe this.. I renamed the network name to samething else, I had WORKGROUP, changed it to HOMEGROUP and then my computers, shares came up!
Same problem here
rename the workgroup on the server fix my samba share problem Smile
since u are using all apple stuff, i would suggest u use NFS instead of SAMBA, much faster!!!
Ok....here's my log file: http://pastebin.com/x2RGc35t

I tried renaming the workgroup and it still won't work. Using the zeroconf browser, I can AFP into my laptop and wife's laptop but can't get into AFP/Samba for the Time capsule. I clicked on NFS and I get the working spinner at the bottom right of the screen and then nothing. Clicking on Windows network (smb) I get "Error 2: share not available" when trying to add a video source. Everything was working perfect a week ago and I haven't changed anything on the network. Just decided to quit one day.
Had a similar problem. After editing the smb.conf of the NAS it works fine.
In my case the share - SECURITY had to be changed from "SHARE" to "USER".
I'll look at that when I get home. Any other ideas of what's going on with that log file?
That didn't work. Tried completely deleting xbmc and reinstalling. Still didn't work. Took it off. Unless someone has a fix that should definitely work, I'll just use it as intended by apple.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB no longer working0