How to configure an eHome Remote to work properly on XBMC?
I Recently bought this remote on eBay:

And has been correctly detected by Windows 7 and works inside XBMC, but some features are attached to the Windows Media Center, such as the Green button with the windows logo and the volume buttons.

If I turn up or down the volume, it's not the XBMC Volume that will be changed. It's the Windows volume that gets changed.

Reading on the Wiki it says that I should use a Remote-XBMC.reg file, witch I can't find anywhere.

How do I make the remote to work inside XBMC, mostly the volume buttons?

Thank you for your help and for the awesome software!
Hi there,
I have the same remote and went through quite a bit to get all the buttons working.

Firstly, you need to install the MCERemote Addon from within XBMC. From here most buttons will work and can be programmed to whatever function you please from within XBMC addons.

However, not ALL buttons will work and not all are present with the MCERemote configuration. After using a program called "showkey" I was able to work out the commands of the buttons that were not being recognised by XBMC. I wrote these buttons into the code of the MCERemote plugin, so not only do the EXTRA buttons work, but they can also be customised from within MCERemote.

I also have a keyboard.xml file that has been edited to allow the numbers to work as letters when browsing or searching. They still operate as numbers when media is playing for jump functions.

So:
1. Install MCERemote and confirm remote is working (partially).
2. Replace the "plugin.program.mceremote" folder with the one attached at "C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons
3. Replace "keyboard.xml" in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps"
4. Test.

Link to files: http://db.tt/pDvZOTiV
Also, if you create a desktop shortcut to XBMC and give the keyboard shortcut "ctrl+shift+w" the Green MCE home button will launch XBMC.
(2012-04-02, 23:59)Onkytonk Wrote: Hi there,
I have the same remote and went through quite a bit to get all the buttons working.

Firstly, you need to install the MCERemote Addon from within XBMC. From here most buttons will work and can be programmed to whatever function you please from within XBMC addons.

However, not ALL buttons will work and not all are present with the MCERemote configuration. After using a program called "showkey" I was able to work out the commands of the buttons that were not being recognised by XBMC. I wrote these buttons into the code of the MCERemote plugin, so not only do the EXTRA buttons work, but they can also be customised from within MCERemote.

I also have a keyboard.xml file that has been edited to allow the numbers to work as letters when browsing or searching. They still operate as numbers when media is playing for jump functions.

So:
1. Install MCERemote and confirm remote is working (partially).
2. Replace the "plugin.program.mceremote" folder with the one attached at "C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons
3. Replace "keyboard.xml" in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\keymaps"
4. Test.

Link to files: http://db.tt/pDvZOTiV

Thanks man! I've done what you said, but I still didn't test everything. I'll let you know.

Did you configure any key to open the xbmc subtitles plugin?

Thanks again!

(2012-04-03, 03:27)Onkytonk Wrote: Also, if you create a desktop shortcut to XBMC and give the keyboard shortcut "ctrl+shift+w" the Green MCE home button will launch XBMC.

You too, man! Thanks. I've done so and it works perfectly!
I've just realised my remote is slightly different to yours, but I'm hoping the button assignment is the same.

I do have a button assigned to subtitles, the button on mine is equivalent to your red button. But once you have it all working, you'll be able to select the button you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to configure an eHome Remote to work properly on XBMC?0