XBMCuntu minor issues
I decided to install this version on my bedroom HTPC since I don't need HD audio. On first attempt, all windows and text were so small I couldn't do anything. I searched the forums and found the "press enter" fix to get 120X120 and then was able to install. Minor annoyance, maybe something the team can look into so that less tech savvy people can install easier. The install process recognized my wireless and I entered the password and it connected. After install was complete, the machine rebooted and I was in XBMC. Weather wasn't working and I couldn't access my network shares at all. So, I exited out of XBMC and logged into Ubuntu and saw that I wasn't connected to any wireless network, so I connected (again) and then I was able to add my libraries and stuff. Is this a bug in the install where you connect to the wireless network and then it doesn't work until you go to the desktop and connect again?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Just an update, XBMCuntu is working great. If there was an HD Audio patch I'd use it on all my systems. I think that initial screen just needs some text or something to prompt the user to press enter for install options so they can choose 120X120 without having to search the forums. If there anything the Linux variant can't do other than the HD audio? I assume all skins and addons are cross platform?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCuntu minor issues0