Linux no AAC playback
Hello,

I currently have a working XBMC v11 running on top of Ubuntu 11.10 on the Zotac ZBOX HD-ND01 (ion). Dolby Digital tracks and DTS tracks play flawlessly, however AAC tracks will not play. The zotac is attached to the receiver via hdmi. Video plays with AAC tracks but no sound and no indication from the receiver that it is receiving audio. Any help would be appreciated.
Can you play a videofile with mp3 audio or mp3 music? The problem might be that PCM audio is not working, which could mean that the volume is muted or XBMC is using the wrong audio device.
i do not have any video files with mp3 audio but i do have music in mp3 format. turns out i don't get any sound with those. I guess I am confused as to why DTS and DD tracks play fine but not AAC/MP3. My audio settings in XBMC are...

HDMI, 5.1, boost on downmix, AC3 capable, DTS capable, default(alsa), hdmi(alsa)

EDIT: in the video file's audio settings i do get audio by switching the audio stream from stereo to ac3. hrm, this could be a hassle to do for some video files. anyway to avoid that? also, some videos do not also include the AC3 stream. And there is no way obviously to change the stream settings in an mp3 file.
Check if you can set the default audio device to hdmi as well.
yes, that did it. thanks for your help!
Hi,

I am having the same problem - I have my System - Audio Output set as hdmi:NVidia for both outputs, but when I play AAC or MP3 files my receiver says decoder off.

If while the (AAC or MP3) movie is playing I switch to analog I get PCM showing on my receiver and get sound, but it then sets analog as my default for the next movie I play (say it's DTS or DD) and I only get PCM showing, and have to switch back to HDMI to get DTS or DD etc.

It's a bit annoying to say the least - why can't it just play without having to switch to analog?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no AAC playback0