• 31(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-04-16, 23:23)explodedk Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 23:21)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 23:15)Martijn Wrote: Rofl already told BigNoid it would have been better to have some secret lair to finish the skin before all those guys who don't know anything about coding/development came nagging why all stuff was borked and they had that stupid line on top

+1 for private git repositories hosted by Team XBMC Big Grin
and -1 for passion xbmc distributing dev versions. i can understand why some people want that, but it really doesn´t help.

-1 - i would miss out on alot Big Grin

i hope you know how to remove those debug lines Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-16, 23:15)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 23:08)phil65 Wrote: to quote myself:

Rofl already told BigNoid it would have been better to have some secret lair to finish the skin before all those guys who don't know anything about coding/development came nagging why all stuff was borked and they had that stupid line on top

and -1 for passion xbmc distributing dev versions. i can understand why some people want that, but it really doesn´t help.

I think that Passion distributed WIP skins is great, but I ALSO know that it is WIP and I fully expect bugs and things like the debugging code. I like to see what's coming as well as to help out in whatever ways I can in testing or in ideas for the look/feel. I do understand your frustration with aswering the same question 50+ times in this thread about debugging code and semi-functional parts of the skin. Just want to say again, thank you and BN for all of your hard work!
(2012-04-16, 23:51)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2012-04-16, 23:15)Martijn Wrote: Rofl already told BigNoid it would have been better to have some secret lair to finish the skin before all those guys who don't know anything about coding/development came nagging why all stuff was borked and they had that stupid line on top

I think that Passion distributed WIP skins is great, but I ALSO know that it is WIP and I fully expect bugs and things like the debugging code. I like to see what's coming as well as to help out in whatever ways I can in testing or in ideas for the look/feel. I do understand your frustration with aswering the same question 50+ times in this thread about debugging code and semi-functional parts of the skin. Just want to say again, thank you and BN for all of your hard work!

problem is that it seems that most people expect a working skin when downloading the svn version. if they would mark it as broken or something like that, it would perhaps be a different story. but nonetheless it would be better imo to only have it available for forum users. they´re the ones who give feedback.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Well passion xbmc just fills a demand that is there. What more can they do then to mark it as svn? People should know what to expect when installing anything that says svn/git/beta/alpha.
Sry again. A bad joke, i know.

To give some constuctive feedback:

I switched back to the Master branch and noticed that the Episode View of it is somehow looking better to me than the one in the 3.0.0 Branch. Maybe becaus of the Size if the Episode Field. Will it be continued in this way or is it sheduled to be changed in its layout?

A very longt time i uses the low list view for Episodes... maybe a mix of Low List and EpisodeHuh
i think most people do not even know what svn/git means.. it´s definitely not really visible that this skin is wip. and the other skins which are available as svn/git there did not make that radical changes, add debug labels etc. using the master branch for passion repo would make more sense imo. it´s newer than the one on xbmc.org repo, but doesn´t break anything.

(2012-04-17, 00:18)john.cord Wrote: Sry again. A bad joke, i know.

To give some constuctive feedback:

I switched back to the Master branch and noticed that the Episode View of it is somehow looking better to me than the one in the 3.0.0 Branch. Maybe becaus of the Size if the Episode Field. Will it be continued in this way or is it sheduled to be changed in its layout?

A very longt time i uses the low list view for Episodes... maybe a mix of Low List and EpisodeHuh

most people here liked the new layout. it shows more fanart. I don´t think that I will change that again.
(2012-04-17, 00:11)Big_Noid Wrote: Well passion xbmc just fills a demand that is there. What more can they do then to mark it as svn? People should know what to expect when installing anything that says svn/git/beta/alpha.

Was about to say this also. From personal experience, this skin in particular has forced me to dive into the community further (1 whole day of Googling shit like "Window: mouse:" and getting NOTHING and pulling my hair out and cursing xbmc etc etc). Until I finally got smart and read this whole thread and went "omg I'm an idiot it was the skin the whole time."

But the point is, I know what it means when something says GIT and I'm smart enough to figure things out. Don't check out of git or svn if you aren't smart enough to be able to dissect the inner workings and it ain't passions fault in Jesus name, amen.
no, absolutely no offense to passion-xbmc, they´re doing a great job with their service. just askin to mark it more clearly visible as broken/ WIP.
(2012-04-17, 00:18)john.cord Wrote: A very longt time i uses the low list view for Episodes... maybe a mix of Low List and EpisodeHuh
TriPanel for episodes is the way to go Big Grin
(2012-04-17, 00:30)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 00:18)john.cord Wrote: A very longt time i uses the low list view for Episodes... maybe a mix of Low List and EpisodeHuh

only when we implement episode thumb Big Grin
(2012-04-17, 00:28)phil65 Wrote: no, absolutely no offense to passion-xbmc, they´re doing a great job with their service. just askin to mark it more clearly visible as broken/ WIP.

Yes, I can concur. Even for myself, it took some digging for me to find out I was using a wip skin or even nox 3.0 for that matter. They should mark it wip at least.

Newp, Landscape with Thumbnail is the way to go Wink

Decent sized visuals, and the important info at a glance with plot if you want / need it a button press away, always been my Fave that Smile
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
(2012-04-17, 00:33)phil65 Wrote:

+1 on that! I hope you're planning on something like this, cause it would look great for an episode view.

I have a question regarding the widgets: The custom labels are not yet implemented, right? I don't remember it being mentioned in this thread, but changing the label of a home button doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, how can I disable the debug info on the top-left corner?!?! Rofl
Just kidding by the way...

Perhaps you should consider adding a note in addon.xml, something like: "This skin is marked as WIP (Work In Progress). Do not download unless you know what you're doing". I understand this should be implicit, but considering the last 20 pages of this thread, it isn't for some people.

Keep up the great job!
I like Episode view but imho the Episode list on the right need more space/bigger Size. I think something like less episodes visible in screen but bigger Size... maybe a fade in/out effect on the top and bottom of the list or something...
(2012-04-17, 01:58)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 00:33)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-17, 00:30)Big_Noid Wrote: TriPanel for episodes is the way to go Big Grin

+1 on that! I hope you're planning on something like this, cause it would look great for an episode view.

I have a question regarding the widgets: The custom labels are not yet implemented, right? I don't remember it being mentioned in this thread, but changing the label of a home button doesn't seem to do anything.

Also, how can I disable the debug info on the top-left corner?!?! Rofl
Just kidding by the way...

Perhaps you should consider adding a note in addon.xml, something like: "This skin is marked as WIP (Work In Progress). Do not download unless you know what you're doing". I understand this should be implicit, but considering the last 20 pages of this thread, it isn't for some people.

Keep up the great job!

yes, will be added. do they pull the addon.xml, too? will change it then.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07