• 83(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
Damn, must have missed this in development.

Stunning for sure.

One thing I miss is a way to see the rating of a track in normal list view. It probably won't fit all the stars but maybe a star with a number could be shown or something.
(2012-05-08, 18:53)filthycatbox Wrote: This is a massive improvement from the last version. Really tight, typographically and graphically you guys have managed to develop by far the best looking and customisable skin on any platform.

Only thing that distracts for though me is the cd clear case pictured in an above post. Why is there an opening on the spine?? It looks like a dvd opening inset has been stuck on the cd case. I own hundreds of clear cd cases of every conceivable design and have never seen one where this is the case. I'm guessing this is not your design as I've seen this on numerous mods/moviesheets etc. which is why I made replacement cases for a WDTV mod I developed some time ago http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=130548.

Other than that, keep up the great work guys. You've made something really special here so far.

Well I've never seen a dvd cases that looked like the ones you posted and I've never seen R5, HDTV or Blu-Ray Rip cases in any store Tongue
Since you're the first one to complain about them and considering the amount of work needed for a change, I'll keep them in. Maybe for 4.0.0 we'll reconsider.

(2012-05-08, 20:07)Passer Wrote: Hi thanks for a great skin.

I pulled the GIT version for the first time earlier today and noticed that widgets for video playlist do not work any more. It works in 3.0.0.1336067423.

thx.
Working fine here. Check your installation since you switched from passion repo to git.

(2012-05-08, 20:24)zag Wrote: Damn, must have missed this in development.

Stunning for sure.

One thing I miss is a way to see the rating of a track in normal list view. It probably won't fit all the stars but maybe a star with a number could be shown or something.

For me, normal aka slim list is to only show label and label2, for all the extra info theres the default list view.
You could try TriPanel view for tracks.
I wanted to make a custom homescreen icon with 5 favourites under it, but no matter what I do I can't get any of the custom categories to show. What am I doing wrong? It is enabled in the skinoptions.
(2012-05-08, 21:11)Dina Wrote: I wanted to make a custom homescreen icon with 5 favourites under it, but no matter what I do I can't get any of the custom categories to show. What am I doing wrong? It is enabled in the skinoptions.

are you able to set the favourites path ? i'd suggest you take a screenshot of the settings.
(2012-05-08, 20:28)Big_Noid Wrote: Well I've never seen a dvd cases that looked like the ones you posted and I've never seen R5, HDTV or Blu-Ray Rip cases in any store Tongue
Since you're the first one to complain about them and considering the amount of work needed for a change, I'll keep them in. Maybe for 4.0.0 we'll reconsider.

No offence intended man, and yeah the R5 etc. cases were done at the request of another skinner for WDLXTV, so no I've never seen them either Big Grin I just posted the link to illustrate my point of the wrong way opening and inside clips being visible.

It wasn't a complaint, just thought it detracted from what is in my opinion a great piece of design. I've been a graphic designer for 10+ years for Samsung, Microsoft, Nike to name but a few, so please, take the criticism in the informed, constructive context as it was intended.
Maybe complain was not the right word choice, consider it a lack of my English vocabulary Smile
(2012-05-08, 16:06)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-08, 10:17)Batemann Wrote: Suggestion:
Would it be possible to add something to the Kiosk modes? I would love to have the buttons for all the artwork updates and refreshes in the infoscreens (music, movies, tvshows, episodes) removed when kiosk mode (both modes) is on. Makes it look cleaner.

We can add this to the most restrictive kioskmode, which makes sense imo. The alternative kioskmode leaves default options intact, so i would expect those buttons to appear in that mode.

Agreed. Makes sense. But if you draw that line further: Full Kiosk mode should remove all the options to alter stuff in the various menus. When you turn on Full Kiosk now, it also removes stuff like "play trailer", "filter", and "search".... In my humble opinion: these should still be available when full kiosk is turned on.

Just input for discussion. See what you want to do with it.

Thanks again!
Joy In Repitition
(2012-05-08, 16:03)Big_Noid Wrote: That is default fullscreen music visualisation with artist slideshow script.

Thanks BN.
Didn't not about that script, and thought it was a feature of the skin.
So I installed the script and have something quite similar.

This is what I see while playing a track and pressing the "Esc" key.

Quite only as I do have a visualization of the album and the corresponding cdart, and the list of the tracks.
I also have a display of the fanart.
But these are not on the same position (top on my menu, back on the screenshot below) and I don't have the information displayed on the top of the screen (infos on the artist, thumb, list of the albums and "similar artists").

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a widget somewhere.

Thanks for the help in answering noob like me.

Maybe someday, you and phil can propose when it's finished sort of a tutorial video showing all the possibility of your beauty and giving a few tips for noobies.

Cheers
BTW, on my version (in French), in the options of the "now playing widget", there a permutation in the 5 entries and 10 entries (at least on the French translation).
No big deal.

Another "bug" (maybe in French only" : in the music menu and at the level of songs in the album, with the small-list view, I have to choose "no" in the Fanart option to have Extra-fanarts ...

That is full screen visualization aka pressing TAB when playing music. Also the mix up with that setting was fixed 2 days ago, so make sure you have the latest version, otherwise that visualization screen is also not there. It was only added yesterday.
(2012-05-08, 08:46)phil65 Wrote: Image

And on a completely unrelated sidenote: Nice to see your taste in music is as good as your skinning skills. Big Grin
Joy In Repitition
I'm a MQ3 user and ready to make the switch. Is this one pretty well baked or still very buggy?
(2012-05-08, 23:06)Batemann Wrote:
(2012-05-08, 08:46)phil65 Wrote: Image

And on a completely unrelated sidenote: Nice to see your taste in music is as good as your skinning skills. Big Grin

perhaps even better Wink
(2012-05-08, 23:43)mattchapman Wrote: I'm a MQ3 user and ready to make the switch. Is this one pretty well baked or still very buggy?

perhaps i´m goin out on a limb here, but i think it´s far less buggy than mq3.
be aware that my opinion isn´t fair-minded Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Seeing the different threads i'd say Nox is way ahead on stability and minute amount of bugs that actually get fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok.... So I'm testing this on my desktop PC and liking it a lot. It definitely just as if not more snappy than Nox 2.0. But my question is, once this is Official, will updates happen automagically or will I have download new Gits every update?
(2012-05-08, 13:06)aoaaron Wrote: for episodes displayed in 2.0 in the list view, if it went into tripple figures, you could only see the first two numbers and then it'd move across...

is this 'fixed' in 3.0 so i can see the full episode number easily in list view?

probably because we changed a lot of fonts. try and report with 3.0. i do not have any tvshow with such a high episode count.
(2012-05-09, 01:48)crimsonfury Wrote: Ok.... So I'm testing this on my desktop PC and liking it a lot. It definitely just as if not more snappy than Nox 2.0. But my question is, once this is Official, will updates happen automagically or will I have download new Gits every update?

i hope it´ll be at a point where we don´t need to push out bugfix releases. Next Version will take some time then. Depends much on the skinning engine changes made for xbmc 12 (frodo)
me for my part will take a rest after 3.0 is released.
i really invested a crazy amount of hours for this project, i need time to actually start using this beauty then Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07