• 84(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
Where can I edit the panel layout for the movies Wall view? I've checked out Viewtype_Wall.xml and the two WallContent layouts seem to not be for movies. I've edited some skins before, but Nox seems to have a different structure than those I've toyed with in the past.
(2012-05-09, 03:57)RockDawg Wrote: Where can I edit the panel layout for the movies Wall view? I've checked out Viewtype_Wall.xml and the two WallContent layouts seem to not be for movies. I've edited some skins before, but Nox seems to have a different structure than those I've toyed with in the past.

look inside include "WallContent". you´ll find all layouts there.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I know this isn't the right thread for this.... But how do you guys share your thumbs, posters, fanart, extrafanart, and Movies/TV shows between different XBMC pcs?

I want my main xbmc to have the full control and database of all of the media and art and I want my other xbmc's to use its data and not store any on their hard drives.
you can use a shared mysql database or some kind of sync between userdata folders (possible with all kind of software)
There are a lot of topics about that in the forums. search for them. you´ll get all the needed info there.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-05-09, 04:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 03:57)RockDawg Wrote: Where can I edit the panel layout for the movies Wall view? I've checked out Viewtype_Wall.xml and the two WallContent layouts seem to not be for movies. I've edited some skins before, but Nox seems to have a different structure than those I've toyed with in the past.

look inside include "WallContent". you´ll find all layouts there.

Thanks a bunch. I was looking there already, but I was only seeing two of the layouts. I didn't notice the others were includes also. Thanks again.

Hi and congratulations on your truley magnificent skin!
Last night I took the plunge and figured out how to use GIT and successfully installed Nox 3.0. However I have two problems. First problem is the mixed widgets, The add-on section never populates for me.

Movies

TV Shows

The second problem is when starting up Nox. If I don't intervene by pressing escape it takes a wooping 5 minutes for it to load up!! ..I'm not sure if its due to me having one too many addons/repo's installed., the size of my library or maybe the watchlist script. Heres a debug LOG

Sorry if these have been asked before but I couldn't find an answer when searching.
(2012-05-09, 15:00)Rastan Wrote: Hi and congratulations on your truley magnificent skin!
Last night I took the plunge and figured out how to use GIT and successfully installed Nox 3.0. However I have two problems. First problem is the mixed widgets, The add-on section never populates for me.

Movies

TV Shows

The second problem is when starting up Nox. If I don't intervene by pressing escape it takes a wooping 5 minutes for it to load up!! ..I'm not sure if its due to me having one too many addons/repo's installed., the size of my library or maybe the watchlist script. Heres a debug LOG

Sorry if these have been asked before but I couldn't find an answer when searching.

if I'm not mistaken, if you press up while you have it highlighted, you should get the option to choose the addons to display

ps, thats an insane amount of media you have
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
(2012-05-09, 15:08)defluo Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 15:00)Rastan Wrote: Hi and congratulations on your truley magnificent skin!

Movies

TV Shows

if I'm not mistaken, if you press up while you have it highlighted, you should get the option to choose the addons to display

ps, thats an insane amount of media you have

Thanks for the tip. I can't believe I never tried that!
re: My media. Yup, I have been collecting for a looong time. Starting from VHS to DVD then on to HDDs...lol
Will enabling kiosk mode improve performance? Sicne it won't have to load all viewtypes etc?
Tried the latest git. So far I'm not sure if I like 3.0 over 2.0, so here's a little comparison from my personal point of view.

1) Weather does not work properly.

2) I use "low list" view for TV seasons and I like the way it is done in 2.0 more. I'd like to have both TV banner and logos as in 2.0. And If I choose banners instead of logos, banners appear truncated and if a show has no banner, there is an empty placeholder. 2.0 does not have such issues.
Also I haven't found an option to show a codec flag instead of a source flag as in 2.0.

3) In 2.0 the default submenu item for TV shows was "Latest". Now it is "Titles". IMO it is less convenient because you can get to titles simply by entering "TV shows".

4) Haven't found an option to disable "TV tunes" as in 2.0. And from what I've seen so far it looks like 3.0 has less customization options than 2.0. And many of them are deeply hidden and not intuitive for users who are new with Aeon-Nox.

5) I like the ability to have 2 widgets for both Movies and TV as in 2.0. Also a widget for episodes of currently watched shows is missing. In general, I like the widget set in 2.0 more.
(2012-05-09, 15:21)Roman_V_M Wrote: Tried the latest git. So far I'm not sure if I like 3.0 over 2.0, so here's a little comparison from my personal point of view.

1) Weather does not work properly.

2) I use "low list" view for TV seasons and I like the way it is done in 2.0 more. I'd like to have both TV banner and logos as in 2.0. And If I choose banners instead of logos, banners appear truncated and if a show has no banner, there is an empty placeholder. 2.0 does not have such issues.
Also I haven't found an option to show a codec flag instead of a source flag as in 2.0.

3) In 2.0 the default submenu item for TV shows was "Latest". Now it is "Titles". IMO it is less convenient because you can get to titles simply by entering "TV shows".

4) Haven't found an option to disable "TV tunes" as in 2.0. And from what I've seen so far it looks like 3.0 has less customization options than 2.0. And many of them are deeply hidden and not intuitive for users who are new with Aeon-Nox.

5) I like the ability to have 2 widgets for both Movies and TV as in 2.0. Also a widget for episodes of currently watched shows is missing. In general, I like the widget set in 2.0 more.

1) use newest weather.wunderground script from forums.
2) will look at it
3) then deactivate titles from submenu
4) why do you have the tvtunes addon installed then? nox 3.0 has more options which are placed much better, that´s my opinion at least.
5) then you´re out of luck. most people here think differently.
5) I think he means having both poster widget and classic widget enabled. That was replaced with the mixed widget..it has both latest and featured for tv and movies
(2012-05-09, 15:19)coendeurloo Wrote: Will enabling kiosk mode improve performance? Sicne it won't have to load all viewtypes etc?

kiosk mode won´t. performance can be improved by disabling extra media (logo.png, extrafanart etc) and by deactivating viewtypes.
(2012-05-09, 15:00)Rastan Wrote: The second problem is when starting up Nox. If I don't intervene by pressing escape it takes a wooping 5 minutes for it to load up!! ..I'm not sure if its due to me having one too many addons/repo's installed., the size of my library or maybe the watchlist script. Heres a debug LOG
Though I don't have the same amount of content Wink I also find the loading takes about 2 minutes, I believe the watchlist script is causing this, but I'm not sure. If I'm not mistaken, somewhere in this thread it's been mentioned.

At the moment, I only enabled the 'recent items' widgets, but it still takes long to load, could the watchlist be causing this?

Movies

TV Shows

committed a fix for the never-ending loading screen (max 10 seconds + possibility to cancel earlier when pressing enter / select
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07