• 89(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
On the now playing widget for video the text comes across where the thumbnail should be. Either that or its not handled the lack of thumbnail correctly. Hopefully the screenshot will explain it better
TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB RAM 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 8 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC Raspberry Pi 2 OpenELEC
Server HP Microserver Gen 8 10GB RAM, 10.25TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
Kodi Jarvis, Aeon MQ 6
Not sure if this is skin-specific but is there a way to apply the viewtype of 1 tv-show to all tv shows? So I don't have to change them all manually. It's kinda annoying to go through them all and change them from List to something prettier.

I'm pretty sure either some skins do this or older versions of XBMC did this; whatever it is it's not working for me anymore Smile
(2012-05-07, 15:40)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 15:24)sergiocos Wrote: if i remember right 'season-fanart', just try this one too Wink

Sometimes you just need a fresh pair of eyes!! Nice one fella Wink

(2012-05-10, 21:37)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 20:37)Rastan Wrote: Hi,

I just did I GIT pull and now I have weird characters effecting various screens in the skin.

Sorry, that was my fault, I made a Pull Request to add a string, and accidentally pushed the weird characters as well! It's fixed now, try a GIT pull now.

Again, sorry to phil65 and BigNoid for the mess.

I done another pull and all is well again. Many thanks!

On a side note for some reason all my settings disappeared and I had to go through the whole tweaking procedure again. Maybe it was me, but I will be backing up the folder before any changes in the future.

I love all the new changes. Thanks to all involved your creativity, skills and devotion are very much appreciated.

(2012-05-11, 00:21)Rastan Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 15:40)Deano316 Wrote:
(2012-05-07, 15:24)sergiocos Wrote: if i remember right 'season-fanart', just try this one too Wink

Sometimes you just need a fresh pair of eyes!! Nice one fella Wink

(2012-05-10, 21:37)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 20:37)Rastan Wrote: Hi,

I just did I GIT pull and now I have weird characters effecting various screens in the skin.

Sorry, that was my fault, I made a Pull Request to add a string, and accidentally pushed the weird characters as well! It's fixed now, try a GIT pull now.

Again, sorry to phil65 and BigNoid for the mess.

I done another pull and all is well again. Many thanks!

On a side note for some reason all my settings disappeared and I had to go through the whole tweaking procedure again. Maybe it was me, but I will be backing up the folder before any changes in the future.

I love all the new changes. Thanks to all involved your creativity, skills and devotion are very much appreciated.

no, the reset is intended. we implemented this for final release because an update without a reset could cause unexpected problems.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-10, 20:17)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 20:12)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 14:06)phil65 Wrote: i also strongly recommmend to work with smart video playlists instead of favourites pointing to folders.
On playlists - sort of off topic - but I Googled/searched for info on how to setup. The XBMC wiki page notes that "XBMC has built in powerful playlist editors (both for normal and smart playlists)" - I found where you can create a SMART playlist (which is likely what I want to setup for my purposes) - but where/how do you create a "normal" playlist? I don't see any other "editors" built in. Doesn't look like XBMC supports iTunes playlists...I would like to create some simple playlists for my wife/kids (music)...where can I find a sample file format?

i strongly recommend to use smart playlists, they offer much more features than fixed ones. just look at the filter rules.

Smart Playlists work great for the intended use - I set one up for ALL movies (adding multiple path's and setting the rules to "one or more") and then setup additional smart playlists for each sub-folder. I love the fact that I can set different backgrounds for the Main Menu item as well as each sub-menu item...awesome. My wife is going to LOVE not having to skip past the Barbie and Pokemon movies. Going to play around with TV Shows next.

Still want to learn the format/syntax for a basic playlist though. Can't really think of way to select very specific songs (from a 20k song library) using the smart playlist. My wife and kids have specific songs they want on specific playlists...very rigid. I'll post a separate thread though. Phil has to keep working his magic to put the finished touches on A.N. ....wax on, wax off...

(2012-05-11, 02:52)phil65 Wrote: no, the reset is intended. we implemented this for final release because an update without a reset could cause unexpected problems.

So do we need to do something to save our changes? I've been saving my stash with SmartGit - do I need to do something else to preserve settings before I pull again? Or am I misunderstanding...

tanks
you can create "basic" music playlists inside xbmc. look in music playlists section.
(2012-05-11, 04:39)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 20:12)puulima Wrote: On playlists - sort of off topic - but I Googled/searched for info on how to setup. The XBMC wiki page notes that "XBMC has built in powerful playlist editors (both for normal and smart playlists)" - I found where you can create a SMART playlist (which is likely what I want to setup for my purposes) - but where/how do you create a "normal" playlist? I don't see any other "editors" built in. Doesn't look like XBMC supports iTunes playlists...I would like to create some simple playlists for my wife/kids (music)...where can I find a sample file format?

i strongly recommend to use smart playlists, they offer much more features than fixed ones. just look at the filter rules.

Smart Playlists work great for the intended use - I set one up for ALL movies (adding multiple path's and setting the rules to "one or more") and then setup additional smart playlists for each sub-folder. I love the fact that I can set different backgrounds for the Main Menu item as well as each sub-menu item...awesome. My wife is going to LOVE not having to skip past the Barbie and Pokemon movies. Going to play around with TV Shows next.

Still want to learn the format/syntax for a basic playlist though. Can't really think of way to select very specific songs (from a 20k song library) using the smart playlist. My wife and kids have specific songs they want on specific playlists...very rigid. I'll post a separate thread though. Phil has to keep working his magic to put the finished touches on A.N. ....wax on, wax off...

(2012-05-11, 02:52)phil65 Wrote: no, the reset is intended. we implemented this for final release because an update without a reset could cause unexpected problems.

So do we need to do something to save our changes? I've been saving my stash with SmartGit - do I need to do something else to preserve settings before I pull again? Or am I misunderstanding...

tanks

it won´t happen for you again. if you want to backup skin settings, they´re saved in guisettings.xml in userdata folder.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Finally hopped aboard from 2.0. Beautiful work.

Any chance of having widget items such as on Featured and Latest respond to "add to queue" commands? My personal preference is to remap my play button to this command - this way when something is already playing XBMC acts like a jukebox and queues things up for after the current media finishes, and when nothing is playing it acts just like a play command - and it would be great if my play button worked consistently everywhere including on the widget items.

Thanks either way, and kudos for the outstanding skin.

So does this mean Final is days or hours away?! I can't wait!!!!
(2012-05-11, 05:01)antisuck Wrote: Finally hopped aboard from 2.0. Beautiful work.

Any chance of having widget items such as on Featured and Latest respond to "add to queue" commands? My personal preference is to remap my play button to this command - this way when something is already playing XBMC acts like a jukebox and queues things up for after the current media finishes, and when nothing is playing it acts just like a play command - and it would be great if my play button worked consistently everywhere including on the widget items.

not possible. we cannot choose the actions for "play" buttons,

(2012-05-11, 05:03)crimsonfury Wrote:

So does this mean Final is days or hours away?! I can't wait!!!!

yes, it´s not too far off. a week perhaps I think.
so if anyone still finds any bugs, hurry up Wink
(2012-05-11, 05:05)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 05:01)antisuck Wrote: Finally hopped aboard from 2.0. Beautiful work.

Thanks for the quick reply, but just in case I wasn't clear before - I am not asking you to choose actions or do anything to the play button, I'm asking if items displayed on the widgets can be made to respond to an "add to queue" command if such a command is received.
(2012-05-11, 05:12)antisuck Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 05:05)phil65 Wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, but just in case I wasn't clear before - I am not asking you to choose actions or do anything to the play button, I'm asking if items displayed on the widgets can be made to respond to an "add to queue" command if such a command is received.

perhaps by editing keymap. will try out and give you an answer.
wiki says me it´s not possible. we do not have a function to add a path/file to playlist.
(2012-05-11, 05:22)phil65 Wrote: wiki says me it´s not possible. we do not have a function to add a path/file to playlist.
Thanks for taking the time to look into it, much appreciated.
Title Widget does not appear:

Featured Albums

(2012-05-11, 08:34)PatOso Wrote: Title Widget does not appear:

Featured Albums

fixed. thx.
(2012-05-11, 04:39)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 20:12)puulima Wrote: On playlists - sort of off topic - but I Googled/searched for info on how to setup. The XBMC wiki page notes that "XBMC has built in powerful playlist editors (both for normal and smart playlists)" - I found where you can create a SMART playlist (which is likely what I want to setup for my purposes) - but where/how do you create a "normal" playlist? I don't see any other "editors" built in. Doesn't look like XBMC supports iTunes playlists...I would like to create some simple playlists for my wife/kids (music)...where can I find a sample file format?

tanks

if you want to keep your code changes, stashing, pulling and then stash applying is probably the easiest way.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07