• 9(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-04-09, 20:13)phil65 Wrote: update for 3) should be possible to center it without getting the problem i mentioned. will take a look
another update: fixed

Damn, that was fast! I was about to post a comment about the text being too left on other languages as well, but you fixed the problem altogether before I even started typing! Great job, thanks!
so it´s 3:2 for the new layout then. that´s what i call 95 % Wink
i´m happy to discuss the options. If episode view will stay this view it will also get an option to disable the thumb and probably a new background overlay, too.
i thaught to make the list as long as possible. if it would only have a short list then the view wouldn´t have too much differences to low list view in most aspects IMO.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Making the list as long as possible is more than fine by me. Just tossing up what I saw trying to be nit-picky Smile

Actually having the very bottom episode mildly cutoff seems a bit like Metro. It hints there is more down the list than what you can currently see. Which naturally has a person continue scrolling. And it isn't clipping anything, so think it works out just fine as is.
(2012-04-09, 20:38)phil65 Wrote: so it´s 3:2 for the new layout then. that´s what i call 95 % Wink
i´m happy to discuss the options. If episode view will stay this view it will also get an option to disable the thumb and probably a new background overlay, too.
i thaught to make the list as long as possible. if it would only have a short list then the view wouldn´t have too much differences to low list view in most aspects IMO.

actually 1 person said he liked and the other said it was an "interesting take". so it's more like 1.5:2 to be exact. Wink

and i didn't mean that 95% of users rathered the old view over the new. i meant that 95% of users simply liked the old style. i probably worded myself badly.
(2012-04-09, 20:51)Shinu Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 20:38)phil65 Wrote: so it´s 3:2 for the new layout then. that´s what i call 95 % Wink

actually 1 person said he liked and the other said it was an "interesting take". so it's more like 1.5:2 to be exact. Wink

Ahem:
(2012-04-09, 20:30)Rygrath Wrote: Interesting take on the Episode View. <snip> Took a little getting used to for the transition, but I now come to like it.

People usually despise change, but like any change you have to allow yourself to adjust to it. It's essentially the same view. Just moved to the right so more fanart is shown, which Aeon has usually been big on. It was my only issue with old layout, couldn't see the fanart at all really.

New view is still as easy to use and navigate through your episodes and retaining the feel of the old Smile
(2012-04-09, 21:02)Rygrath Wrote:
(2012-04-09, 20:51)Shinu Wrote:

Ahem:
(2012-04-09, 20:30)Rygrath Wrote: Interesting take on the Episode View. <snip> Took a little getting used to for the transition, but I now come to like it.

People usually despise change, but like any change you have to allow yourself to adjust to it. It's essentially the same view. Just moved to the right so more fanart is shown, which Aeon has usually been big on. It was my only issue with old layout, couldn't see the fanart at all really.

New view is still as easy to use and navigate through your episodes and retaining the feel of the old Smile

*sigh* fine, 2:2 Tongue

don't get me wrong, i'm all for change, but only when it's for the better. and personally, i don't necessarily think this particular change was for the better. i find the list scrolls too high and drops too low (a 7 item list might look better IMO). and larger logos are partially hidden behind the breadcrumbs. but hey, that's just my opinion. i think everyone's entitled to it, right? Smile
I like the episode view the way it was, but I'm not apposed to change. The new version is nice and I can see my fanart which is good.

I do see one flaw. When you scroll down the list of episodes the text overlaps with the weather/time/date panel.

How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
POSTED THIS ON THE WRONG THREAD BEFORE!

Finally updated Aeon Nox to 3.0 and I have to say, I like the changes a lot. I just have a few questions for the brainy sparks out there that know their way around this skin better than I do.

- First Thing, in relation to the "Shift View", is there any way to change the list to a WrapList rather than a FixedList like in the "Showcase View", which has an option under 'Viewtype Settings'??

- Second Thing, I use the "Advanced Launcher" plugin and since I've updated Aeon Nox, I no longer have the option to change the view to "Showcase2" or "Shift". How do I get these Viewtypes available in my Advanced Launcher "Game Favorites" section like it was in Aeon Nox 2.0??

Thanks in advance, you guys have always been helpful with my Fem-Noob questions.
1) no. but chances aren´t too bad that it will be added.
2) AdvancedLauncher support will be looked on a bit later. everything here is WIP, so some things have to wait a bit.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Thanks for the reply. I totally understand. Figured the WrapList one out myself, just can't for the life of me figure out which file I should include "<include>ShiftView</include>" into to be able to use the Shift Viewtype in Games. I always thought it was "MyPrograms.xml", but it's already in there. Guess something is limiting this in the ShiftView itself. No hintsHuh
I like the new Episode View as well. But please lighten up the fanart, it`s too dark and you can see almost nothing. I thought the fanart was the reason why you changed the view. And yes limit the View to 7 Episodes, atm the Episodes overlap the top and the bottom when there are more than 10 Episodes in a season as in the picture. The "watched" flag should be fixed as well. Keep up the good work guys.

Do another pull, the watched flags have already been fixed.
if possible, maybe u can consider a view like this for episodes....

fanart is mostly visible and all relevant episode info is shown clearly. if u've already settled on the current view then no prob, but i thought i share what i found.

also, a possible fanart view for the tripanel?....

(2012-04-09, 22:26)Shinu Wrote: if possible, maybe u can consider a view like this for episodes....

fanart is mostly visible and all relevant episode info is shown clearly. if u've already settled on the current view then no prob, but i thought i share what i found.

also, a possible fanart view for the tripanel?....

the first one looks too much like low list imo.
the second one is nice, but don´t know if it´ll make it into 3.0
For all Testers/Passion SVN users: There will be some big changes coming up concerning option areas and widget handling,
so expect the worst.

EDIT: intended way doesn´tseem to work, so it probably won´t be too worse then Big Grin

EDIT2: found a way.
Should animated weather icons work in 3.0? I'm using the same set I had been using for 2.0 with the same path setting. Home widget shows static icons, inside the weather app doesn't show any icons.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07