• 4(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-04-06, 01:00)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi BN -

A question about the BigFan view for TV Shows (using GIT pre-3.0).

It only shows the fanart at the season level for the 'all seasons' item and not individual seasons. The setting for the view does not seem to have any backdrop options to change this. Is support for extra-fanart planned for BigFan view, or will we need to save season fanart using the "seasonXX-fanaart" convention in order to see fanart using BigFan view?

Thanks,
D
Yes, only the seasonXX-fanart is supported.
(2012-04-06, 01:28)Shinu Wrote: don't usually re-quote, but i think this got lost in the confusion. lol. also, for some reason, i can't use the random items script for one of my playlists (it works for some, and not for others) ....

I can enable the script for my TV Shows playlist...

But not for my Aniplex playlist. Not sure why...

Oh, and a couple more things Big Grin

1. Seeing as you all added an option to the infowall to disable the back panel, why not go all the way and have the option instead toggle between the old infowall and the new?

2. Every thought of adding the custom colors to the episode title in the Episode view (and maybe a glow also to the episode thumb and poster)?

3. And the custom color isn't used for the selector when enabling the bannerwall from the wall view.

4. I also can't seem to disable clear cases in the wall view.
Your first question was already answered by phil in the post above the one from yourself that you quoted Big Grin

1: That option is not yet fully implemented.
2: I'm not going to do anything about Episode view, maybe phil wants to take a look Smile
3: Yeah that's true. For consistency it might be better to also have that diffused.
(2012-04-06, 07:13)slipton Wrote: One thing - any reason why the list view for episodes no longer shows the episode info and clear logo? I'm just seeing the episode list and the episode thumb. I think the old layout which had the episode description under the thumb was very useful.
List view for episodes never had episode info afaik. I had logo there way back, but that was already removed on dharma.
(2012-04-06, 08:48)blondin000 Wrote: Hello and congratulation for the work performed.
I just saw a bug on the home you can not choose the playlist for "VL2"
while for "VL1" and "VL3" no problem.
Thank you.
Is it possible to display two widjet for playlist
All working fine here on latest version. The new widget will be available for custom vpl, but if you want the default one, no then there's only one.
(2012-04-06, 10:16)mikkelnl Wrote: May have found a bug:

Select 'recently added' as Tv Series wallpaper, then start playing some audio so that the Now Playing info is shown on the main menu (I was streaming webradio), then scroll to TV series in the main menu, and press up/down to access the Recently Added list. The wallpaper will now change to the according series wallpaper. But when pressing left or right to move in the main menu, the series wallpaper will now remain visible for all main menu items... Wink
I'll have a look at this.
this skin i use all the time.but 1 prob. medata actor script in 3.0 git is a mess.if i will watch what movie a actor has played in is on top over his biogafy cant see what movie i have etc..i have nox 3.0 not git version and there it work perfect..

nice work with the skin sir
(2012-04-06, 13:59)coolio99 Wrote: this skin i use all the time.but 1 prob. medata actor script in 3.0 git is a mess.if i will watch what movie a actor has played in is on top over his biogafy cant see what movie i have etc..i have nox 3.0 not git version and there it work perfect..

nice work with the skin sir

Yes, that's why it's wip. Sometimes we work on stuff but have not finished it yet. Easy fix is to place the script-Actors-DialogInfo.xml in 1080i folder somewhere else so the skin won't find it and it will use the default screen.
BN -

Thanks for the answers above, re: season fanart. Maybe we need to ask Martjin nicely to add season fanart to Artwork Downloader Smile Any plans on the BigFan view allow one to just use the same fanart across all seasons as a default if there is no season-specific fanart defined? This would be a nice to have instead of the default, red-curtain view...

One more question, regarding season items. Currently, I have been using AD to download season items like posters and banners. Posters downloaded by AD (seasonsXX-poster.jpg) in particular seem to be ignored by the standard TVDb scraper and the scraper selects its own items for season posters.

I always thought the naming convention was supposed to be seasonXX.tbn for the scraper to work. Am I incorrect (I know this part of the question is not directly related to Nox, but bear with me)? Secondly, I seem to recall that Martjin said in one of his updates that skins would need to specifically look for the new artwork that gets downloaded by AD and call it specifically. I would assume that includes his naming convention for season items. Is this your understanding? Is support planned for Nox 3.0 to look for the 'new' naming convention per AD?

Thanks,
D
Problem is that the season poster naming convention used by XBMC for scraping can't be used by skins due code limitation (or a lot of extra slower code). That's why i named them diferent. Also it's seasonx-fanart.jpg (single digit number and that's where the code problem is).
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-06, 16:08)deh2k7 Wrote: BN -

Thanks for the answers above, re: season fanart. Maybe we need to ask Martjin nicely to add season fanart to Artwork Downloader Smile Any plans on the BigFan view allow one to just use the same fanart across all seasons as a default if there is no season-specific fanart defined? This would be a nice to have instead of the default, red-curtain view...

One more question, regarding season items. Currently, I have been using AD to download season items like posters and banners. Posters downloaded by AD (seasonsXX-poster.jpg) in particular seem to be ignored by the standard TVDb scraper and the scraper selects its own items for season posters.

I always thought the naming convention was supposed to be seasonXX.tbn for the scraper to work. Am I incorrect (I know this part of the question is not directly related to Nox, but bear with me)? Secondly, I seem to recall that Martjin said in one of his updates that skins would need to specifically look for the new artwork that gets downloaded by AD and call it specifically. I would assume that includes his naming convention for season items. Is this your understanding? Is support planned for Nox 3.0 to look for the 'new' naming convention per AD?

Thanks,
D

background for bigfan should be fixed now.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-06, 16:39)Martijn Wrote: Problem is that the season poster naming convention used by XBMC for scraping can't be used by skins due code limitation (or a lot of extra slower code). That's why i named them diferent. Also it's seasonx-fanart.jpg (single digit number and that's where the code problem is).

Thanks Martjin!

So if I understand correctly, skins need to be updated to specifically look for seasonX-poster, seasonX-banner in order to not use the default, scraped season items?

And for seasonX-fanart (is it just fanart or posters and banners too?), what happens when there are 10 or more seasons?
(2012-04-06, 16:59)phil65 Wrote: background for bigfan should be fixed now.

Wow, quick turnaround! I'll check it out this evening and verify, thanks.
(2012-04-06, 17:17)deh2k7 Wrote:
(2012-04-06, 16:39)Martijn Wrote: Problem is that the season poster naming convention used by XBMC for scraping can't be used by skins due code limitation (or a lot of extra slower code). That's why i named them diferent. Also it's seasonx-fanart.jpg (single digit number and that's where the code problem is).

Thanks Martjin!

So if I understand correctly, skins need to be updated to specifically look for seasonX-poster, seasonX-banner in order to not use the default, scraped season items?

And for seasonX-fanart (is it just fanart or posters and banners too?), what happens when there are 10 or more seasons?

Season banners were never supported in any way so no issues there for skins. Xeebo already uses them.
I know the seasonposters breaks with XBMC standard however doing this another way would only slow skins down.
IMO the naming AD uses makes a bit more sence. Another point is that AD only works after a show has been added to library and not before so there was also no real point in using standard namings.
if season <10:
season9-fanart.jpg
if season =>10:
season10-fanart.jpg

This because $INFO[ListItem.Season] only returns single digit numbers instead of double like '03'
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hello,
I have a question, how do I change the letters that appear while you scroll through the movies. I would like them back as they were at first, because in the new version they are a bit small. is that possible?

new:

old:

thanks, and great work on Nox

sorry for my bad english Smile
(2012-04-06, 18:32)Cyphec Wrote: Hello,
I have a question, how do I change the letters that appear while you scroll through the movies. I would like them back as they were at first, because in the new version they are a bit small. is that possible?

new:

old:

thanks, and great work on Nox

sorry for my bad english Smile

no, won´t be readded.only possibilty would be to move it into the left media menu indicator.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-04-06, 13:51)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-04-06, 01:28)Shinu Wrote: don't usually re-quote, but i think this got lost in the confusion. lol. also, for some reason, i can't use the random items script for one of my playlists (it works for some, and not for others) ....

I can enable the script for my TV Shows playlist...

But not for my Aniplex playlist. Not sure why...

Oh, and a couple more things Big Grin

1. Seeing as you all added an option to the infowall to disable the back panel, why not go all the way and have the option instead toggle between the old infowall and the new?

2. Every thought of adding the custom colors to the episode title in the Episode view (and maybe a glow also to the episode thumb and poster)?

3. And the custom color isn't used for the selector when enabling the bannerwall from the wall view.

4. I also can't seem to disable clear cases in the wall view.
Your first question was already answered by phil in the post above the one from yourself that you quoted Big Grin

1: That option is not yet fully implemented.
2: I'm not going to do anything about Episode view, maybe phil wants to take a look Smile
3: Yeah that's true. For consistency it might be better to also have that diffused.

*facepalm* didn't notice the reply from phil. thanks. Smile hey phil, maybe u can take a look at the suggestion i made about the episode view? i've noticed too that sice u guys fixed the latest items widget for VPL2, that the movie widget for VPL3 shows as if its a TV Show playlist...

also, ever thought of adding a banners option to the Tri-Panel view? much the same as the old InfoList....

Would it be possible to move / add the tv-guide to the 'Tv-Show' submenu on the main menu plz?
added banner view for tripanel
(2012-04-06, 19:33)RavenNL Wrote: Would it be possible to move / add the tv-guide to the 'Tv-Show' submenu on the main menu plz?

sound logical. will be done.
(2012-04-06, 19:34)phil65 Wrote: added banner view for tripanel
(2012-04-06, 19:33)RavenNL Wrote: Would it be possible to move / add the tv-guide to the 'Tv-Show' submenu on the main menu plz?

sound logical. will be done.

Cool thanks Smile
(2012-04-06, 17:39)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-04-06, 17:17)deh2k7 Wrote:

Thanks Martjin!

Season banners were never supported in any way so no issues there for skins. Xeebo already uses them.
I know the seasonposters breaks with XBMC standard however doing this another way would only slow skins down.
IMO the naming AD uses makes a bit more sence. Another point is that AD only works after a show has been added to library and not before so there was also no real point in using standard namings.
if season <10:
season9-fanart.jpg
if season =>10:
season10-fanart.jpg

This because $INFO[ListItem.Season] only returns single digit numbers instead of double like '03'

This is great information, and definitely helps me to better understand how things work. So that begs the question for Nox 3.0 - BN/Phil, will Nox adopt the new season items naming conventions implemented in recent builds of Artwork Downloader or will it continue to use what was scraped? Obviously no rush on 3.0, just trying to understand if it's on the roadmap.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07