• 10(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
no animated weather icons anymore. was removed.

I´ll break the complete widget handling now. no complaints, please
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-10, 00:37)phil65 Wrote: no animated weather icons anymore. was removed.

And why was that removed if I may ask?
It wasn't that a trivial option to keep.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
if i would have the choice now with the different option handling which will come I would probably have left that in.
before it was just one x thousand radio buttons in the settings, and that´s what i did not want.
feel free to re-add once everything is done Big Grin
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Stupid question: If I git pull changes to the skin while xbmc is running, is there a way to reload the new version in xbmc without completely exiting and restarting the app?

Add me to the list of people who like the new Episodes view.
(2012-04-10, 02:20)millercentral Wrote: ... is there a way to reload the new version in xbmc without completely exiting and restarting the app?

Open the file "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keymap.xml", and add this:

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <f4>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</f4>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

Save the file and exit. Now when you press F4 the skin will reload. Of course you can change the F4 key to something else by editing <f4> and </f4>, just make sure the key you enter is lowercase.
(2012-04-09, 19:28)phil65 Wrote: I do not see any disadvantages with the new layout. you can see more of the fanart now, that´s why i did the change.

I for one am completely in support of any changes that emphasize fanart. My personal opinion (as I am sure will be different form others) is that one of the deciding factors for me in evaluating skins (and I have seen a lot of them) apart from usability/aesthetics is their ability to show off the fanart and extrafanart

(2012-04-09, 21:18)htpc guy Wrote: I like the episode view the way it was, but I'm not apposed to change. The new version is nice and I can see my fanart which is good.

I do see one flaw. When you scroll down the list of episodes the text overlaps with the weather/time/date panel.

Again, my poster request for the episode view - any way to have an option to *not* show the poster, or somehow make the poster size smaller, maybe just taking up 1/4 of the lower left - so the background fanart is more visible? Or even more ideally, an option to replace the poster with landscape.jpg?

Personal opinion that I am sure others might not share - but I have always been more amenable to landscape.jpg rather than posters Smile

Also, the dimming of the fanart seems to be w bit wonky - at times in some of the views, the fanart gets dimmed quite a bit, and the only way I have found to "undim" it is changing to another view and changing back.. maybe this is an issue with just me?
no, issue is known.
and yes, I´ll add an option to exchange/disable poster. but we´ll first do some fundamental changes and unify 3 of the customizers , that´s why widgets will be broken from now on for some time possibly. Waiting is worth the time, the amount of flexibilty and usability of the setup section will top everything out there when it´s ready I think.
Just updated and this is the first time I am seeing this, maybe some debug option?

EDIT: I mean the message at the top referring to mouse position
yes, and that will stay until things are ready.
(2012-04-10, 05:04)phil65 Wrote: yes, and that will stay until things are ready.

Ah thanks phil, and really sorry about all my stupid questions Smile

(2012-04-10, 05:02)noner Wrote: Just updated and this is the first time I am seeing this, maybe some debug option?

EDIT: I mean the message at the top referring to mouse position

And what about the big gap at the bottom? Every home menu fanart picture now has a black bar the size of the menu bar.

I'm a big fan of Aeon Nox since I began using xmbc, so please don't see this as complaining.

All is working well and fast, but the TV shows section is giving me headaches, I can't find the option to disable the info panel in tv shows, nor can I find the option to disable the side menu indicator. This is just cosmetic of course, what worries me most is the performance of this section. When I enter TV shows, or rather a vpl which lists all of the series from one share, the banners take a long time to load. On 2.0 all banners where immediately visible, on 3.0 I see nothing, only black boxes with text like there's no banner present then one banner loads, then they pop-up one by one. But only for the screen visible. When I scroll to the right, the process repaeats for banners that just became visible. This repeats itself every time I enter tv shows and even when I'm in tv shows and I interrupt the screensaver. Like I said, on 2.0 everything is instant and I haven't changed anything to my setup except the skin.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
1)This is WIP and not ready for daily use, there will always be errors at this stage of development.
2) side menu indicator cannot be disabled in 3.0.
3) banner problem is known, just read the last pages here.
Yeah, 3.0 is in a lot of flux right now as they are trying out a lot of new things. If you need stable functionality, it's probably best you stick with 2.0 until 3.0 becomes closer to beta/final.
(2012-04-10, 08:56)phil65 Wrote: 1)This is WIP and not ready for daily use, there will always be errors at this stage of development.
2) side menu indicator cannot be disabled in 3.0.
3) banner problem is known, just read the last pages here.

1) I know, I just like testing new things and reporting issues Nod
2) Will it be back? Personally, I don't need an indicator to know there's a side menu. It's just distracting.
3) Okay. Don't know if you've already identified the problem, but here's some extra info.

2.0 stable has the same issue. Slow performance and incorrect/unchangable banners. The last 2.0 SVN I have (and am returing to for now) is 1332353376 which is really fast and has the correct banners. I've done some experiments and it seems that 2.0 stable and 3.0 don't use the images in the thumbnails\video folder (referenced to in the textures#.db but instead rely on the temp files in the thumbnails folder.

Again, not complaining.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07