• 25(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
(2012-04-14, 21:46)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 05:12)Death-Axe Wrote: Question: it looks like others are working on this with you now, but seemed to have hijacked your skin, or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Final word: from the looks of it too much is being added to this skin, and with this version seems to have picked up too much bloat like the other aeon skins have. Since nox is suppose to be light and fast, this seems to be going in the wrong direction.

I asked phil to work on Nox 3.0 with me. He wanted to do his own mod first but I could talk him out of it Smile
I'm very thankful for that, cause phil has had the most innovative ideas I've seen in a long time and I'm positive the end result will be unlike any Aeon version you've seen. Definitely not bloated. It's way lighter then 2.x.x.

Thanks for the response man, lighter the better. It's good you have a helper, and I'm sure there will be some interesting things. Just a shame he is a little touchy.

As for some things: please PLEASE if you are going to be changing fonts and major looks of things, give us an option to have the older look too!

Also please keep all of the current view types, adding more is fine but please don't delete the others. Especially low list and info wall!

Keep up the good work man, I really do appreciate all you're doing.

I am hopefull that the final nox 3 will have some good customization settings!
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2012-04-14, 23:04)explodedk Wrote: in the landscape view of tvshows it shows a larger banner/smaller poster. can't really figure out where it pulls these images from... on http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=75710&lid=7 *criminal minds* this is not shown, and correct me if im wrong, but isn't fanart, posters and banners pulled from here?

how ever, it would be nice if for some reason there is no banner/poster it had fanart or the show title shown (e.g Americas next top model is to the left of american idol, but imposible to see without moving to it.)

those small images at the bottom come from http://fanart.tv
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-14, 23:13)Death-Axe Wrote: Thanks for the response man, lighter the better. It's good you have a helper, and I'm sure there will be some interesting things. Just a shame he is a little touchy.

As for some things: please PLEASE if you are going to be changing fonts and major looks of things, give us an option to have the older look too!

That my friend was uncalled for.. constructive criticize is one thing... phil has been nothing but helpful in answering questions and evaluating all the input many people here are providing.. you have two really great skinners in phil and Big Noid who are taking the time to get feedback on the great work they are doing... they dont HAVE to, just like they are not obligated to release any of their work to all of us...

Here's an idea, if you dont like the direction this WIP is going in, stick with the old one...
(2012-04-14, 23:13)Death-Axe Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 21:46)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 05:12)Death-Axe Wrote: Question: it looks like others are working on this with you now, but seemed to have hijacked your skin, or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?

Final word: from the looks of it too much is being added to this skin, and with this version seems to have picked up too much bloat like the other aeon skins have. Since nox is suppose to be light and fast, this seems to be going in the wrong direction.

I asked phil to work on Nox 3.0 with me. He wanted to do his own mod first but I could talk him out of it Smile
I'm very thankful for that, cause phil has had the most innovative ideas I've seen in a long time and I'm positive the end result will be unlike any Aeon version you've seen. Definitely not bloated. It's way lighter then 2.x.x.

Thanks for the response man, lighter the better. It's good you have a helper, and I'm sure there will be some interesting things. Just a shame he is a little touchy.

Also please keep all of the current view types, adding more is fine but please don't delete the others. Especially low list and info wall!

having the opinion that it is bloated and asking not to remove anything, just adding.. funny.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hey can we have the strip show view back for movies? or at least a view with smaller covers/posters. Thanks!
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Im being picky here...

Navigating through the episode view on either TV episodes or Movies, if you activate the scroll bar while on either the first item or the last item on the list, and press the remote to scroll ahead (or back depending if you are on the top or the bottom) instead of wrapping around like it does when scrolling through the list, it actually jumps two or three entries in the OPPOSITE direction..

If you go into Movies Episode view and you are on the first item in the list, press right to activate the scroll bar, and then press up - which should wrap the list to the bottom, but instead it jumps to the third item from the top in the list
i added small shift view already. should be enough.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-04-14, 23:36)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 23:13)Death-Axe Wrote:
(2012-04-14, 21:46)Big_Noid Wrote: I asked phil to work on Nox 3.0 with me. He wanted to do his own mod first but I could talk him out of it Smile

having the opinion that it is bloated and asking not to remove anything, just adding.. funny.

Having an option for the old font isn't bloat, it is already there in 2.0.

(2012-04-14, 23:42)phil65 Wrote: i added small shift view already. should be enough.

Thanks!
you asked only to ADD viewtypes...
Another observation, the episode view for episodes has the show logo in the top left, but the episode view for the tv shows (looks GREAT btw) does not have the logo, but Im sure you already know that.

Also when viewing anything else but episodes, the POSTER option does not do anything, which I guess makes sense
yes. only made it available for all content types..finetuning will come.
Anyone got any suggestions for the featured TV episodes in the featured widget? I have been reading and re-reading non stop for the last two days hoping I can figure it out...

It only shows the featured widget for tv shows on the left side as blank... latest for everything works great, featured for everything else works great, just the featured episodes widget by itself works great...
a small bug:

when adding "custom1" menupoint, and choosing "Favourite", you can't set item, and therefor not choose the favourite.
try entering the featured window. It will be filled then. Problem is because of the new way to add widgets we haven't found a good way yet to determine if scripts need to run on startup. The watchlist script is tricky in that regard as just plain running it on startup causes massive slowdown on some sytems and because you cannot disable it through gui like with other addons that is not something i want to do. Will be fixed later on, but for now its only working when entering the featured window first.
changed it temporarily to execute on every start. did read your post too late, big_noid Big Grin
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07