• 29(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
Thanks for this amazing skin. Seems to be the most advanced one out there right now. Unfortunately, when I am using this skin, xbmc crashes randomly. Only happens with this skin (tested others and no crash).

Crashlog: http://pastebin.com/VgwC4tW5

Thinking it might be something to do with script.watchlist? I'm not an expert but hope this helps future updates. Can provide more info if needed. Thanks

EDIT: Also, some info I forgot. xbmc only crashes with this skin when NOT at the home screen. If sitting at home screen, I never have crash. Only after playing a movie and xbmc goes back to any viewtype. Then after idle, crash randomly.
@stumpalump:
Seems like the moviesets addon is the culprit. Either disable that add-on or disable group by sets to solve it. For what it's worth, I have the same problems when running that addon, I think it's a bug with json/xbmc.
am i the only one not able to pick Favourite in the furniture settings? when ever i choose Favourite, i can't choose item..

im not sure if it's the skin or my end Smile

also the background box is not extended enough for the custom1-9 ...

(2012-04-15, 20:45)phil65 Wrote: some opinions/ideas about glow mode for home would be nice. i think it fits better to the rest of the skin when using colors especially.
lot of fanart is hidden by the new panels , so i think it´s ok to darken the background. sets the viewer´s focus more to the widgets.

i really like the glow , but i also like fanart.. i would like an option not to dim the background when using glowbar . maybe have the fanart fade to black/dim around the menu ( no clue if that's even posible Smile)
just a small thought on a widget for tv shows that would be nice.

if you could have it list the oldest-not watched episode and/or in progress episode for each of your tv shows.

that way you could with a few click from homescreen get to the next to watch episode insted of show e.g 5 latest episode of the mentalist because your behind with watching .

no clue if that's posible either...
(2012-04-16, 15:56)Big_Noid Wrote: @stumpalump:
Seems like the moviesets addon is the culprit. Either disable that add-on or disable group by sets to solve it. For what it's worth, I have the same problems when running that addon, I think it's a bug with json/xbmc.

Will try and report back. Thanks!

Edit: This did in fact work. Disabling "Group movies in sets" in Videos - Settings results in no more crashes. Thanks for the insight Big_Noid. I couldn't decipher the crashlog on this one and was curious why it was only happening on this skin. :/
(2012-04-15, 20:36)Martijn Wrote: i'm not offended.
Here you go: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1076080
Cheers! D'oh! How did I miss that!!!

(2012-04-16, 08:50)Rygrath Wrote: @deh2k7: Regarding the icons when using Weather+. When Tree_Jammer created new default weather icons, I think JezzX or someone on TeamXBMC changed the deault pathing for them. Weather+ hasn't been updated so it's not aware where the new icons are. You have to edit the addon yourself, or do as most of us are doing and move on to Underground.

@Phil, Underground looks to be the new default. And like deh2k7 said, Ronie has been working on bringing a lot of the functionality of Weather+ to it. Apparently there aren't too many changes in infolabels if I remember correctly. Been a bit since I last looked at the thread. Thanks for switching it over.

Thanks Rygrath - like you, I also switched over from Weather+ some time ago. Just FYI - the icons still workin in Nox 3.0 with Weather+, but they are the old ones. The icons in the PDA weather widget do not however. I'm perfectly happy to switch over to Weather Underground, especially since it's being maintained by Ronie.
(2012-04-16, 16:19)explodedk Wrote: am i the only one not able to pick Favourite in the furniture settings? when ever i choose Favourite, i can't choose item..

im not sure if it's the skin or my end Smile

also the background box is not extended enough for the custom1-9 ...

(2012-04-15, 20:45)phil65 Wrote: some opinions/ideas about glow mode for home would be nice. i think it fits better to the rest of the skin when using colors especially.
lot of fanart is hidden by the new panels , so i think it´s ok to darken the background. sets the viewer´s focus more to the widgets.

i really like the glow , but i also like fanart.. i would like an option not to dim the background when using glowbar . maybe have the fanart fade to black/dim around the menu ( no clue if that's even posible Smile)
just a small thought on a widget for tv shows that would be nice.

if you could have it list the oldest-not watched episode and/or in progress episode for each of your tv shows.

that way you could with a few click from homescreen get to the next to watch episode insted of show e.g 5 latest episode of the mentalist because your behind with watching .

no clue if that's posible either...

fixed the dialog size. favourites is workin here. try a clean installation.
concerning glow mode: i won´t seperate those options, the colouring only makes sense when the bg is dark IMO.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Hi, Just updated again today via Available Updates in XBMC, and I'm still getting the line of info at the top of the screen - I understand that this is WIP and I shouldn't be using Nox v3 as my main skin, but I can't help it as it's sooooooooo good! Wink
Any idea when this will be removed?
Thanks!
(2012-04-16, 19:53)spinecho Wrote: Hi, Just updated again today via Available Updates in XBMC, and I'm still getting the line of info at the top of the screen - I understand that this is WIP and I shouldn't be using Nox v3 as my main skin, but I can't help it as it's sooooooooo good! Wink
Any idea when this will be removed?
Thanks!

it will be removed when project is out of WIP.. until then, search the post for how to disable it... (hint - debug == false..)
when it is ready.
it was already explained several times how to remove that debug line.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-04-16, 19:55)explodedk Wrote: .. until then, search the post for how to disable it... (hint - debug == false..)

(2012-04-16, 19:56)phil65 Wrote: when it is ready.
it was already explained several times how to remove that debug line.
Sorry, must be having a bad day, as I didn't notice that! Thanks for the reply to this old thickie and please keep up the great work!

Quote:fixed the dialog size. favourites is workin here. try a clean installation.
concerning glow mode: i won´t seperate those options, the colouring only makes sense when the bg is dark IMO.

deleted aeon nox 3 and still same after a new git pull.. trying to reinstall whole xbmc and see...
did you check your log? perhaps script-related? (script.favourites is used) whole xbmc uninstall shouldn´t be needed, try renaming your guisettings.xml first.
(2012-04-16, 20:04)explodedk Wrote:
Quote:fixed the dialog size. favourites is workin here. try a clean installation.

deleted aeon nox 3 and still same after a new git pull.. trying to reinstall whole xbmc and see...

tried now with a clean xbmc (deleted also personal folder) and latest git. still can't choose item on favourite. works for all other (e.g video playlist, custom, music playlist etc.) - anyone else but me experience this (windows 7)
(2012-04-16, 20:07)phil65 Wrote: did you check your log? perhaps script-related? (script.favourites is used) whole xbmc uninstall shouldn´t be needed, try renaming your guisettings.xml first.

didn't see this before the reinstall Smile but since it's not working still i'll take a look at the guisettingsSmile
--
tried rename the guisettings.xml > change to aeon nox again > enable custom1 > and favourite still not working.

in log it says : 20:30:35 T:5264 ERROR: Python script "script.favourites" does not exist - how to solve?
quick search: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114671
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07