• 55(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
We will sit back en wait for the final. So far 2.0 is still great.
(2012-04-11, 21:48)Rygrath Wrote: The top of the list goes underneath the breadcrumbs. With the bar set as "Breadcrumbs Classic" this is not a problem. The episode title goes underneath the bar and you barely notice it. If you change the top bar style to "Default Breadcrumbs" or "Classic Top Panels", the episode text still goes underneath. But since the top bar is now transparent you can't really read the date, time, weather etc. Since it's lost with the episode text.

Here's a quick screen shot using the "Classic Top Panels" option (same with Default Breadcrumbs).

And another shot using "Breadcrumbs Classic" where you can still see the crumb info

Having the bottom of the list slightly cutoff is actually useful. Indicates there is more to scroll through, very intuitive. Perhaps the top of the list could cut off where episode 9 is in my screenshots? Still allows you to see 3 previous episodes, your current selection, and the next 6.

Edit: This view is probably still being worked on, so if this is already known, apologies for bringing it up again Smile

Phil, this seems still a problem. Issue is solved with classic top, but not with the breadcrumb top styles ...
Seems my other post got lost.

I have the skin up and running. looks great. testing tv shows now. 2 remarks :

- season fanart does not seem to work in episodes and poster view?
- when pressing the info button and going to the cast, a little photo is shown of the actor. when pressing right focus goes to the photo and then it disappears. Why is that?

cheers guys, I will keep on testing ;-)
(2012-04-26, 18:36)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-26, 18:29)deh2k7 Wrote: Phil - one quick question. Are you and BN planning on implementing support for Artwork Downloader using Martjin's season artwork naming conventions, or will you be sticking with the 'standard' XBMC-native naming conventions?

Apologies if it's already been implemented; I haven't been able to test myself, as I have been holding off on the season artwork until I had some clarity.

concerning naming conventions: we recommend tvshow/season/file structure.

Phil, not sure I understand your response. I already use the standard tv show layout and file naming conventions without issue, and XBMC scrapes fine. My question was more if I wanted to change season artwork, like season posters. The standard for posters, for example, is seasonxx.tbn, Artwork Downloader is seasonx-poster.jpg. According to Martjin, this is due to some technical limitations and requires skins to specifically support his naming conventions. Other season items have similar changes as well.

Are you and Nox going to stick with only supporting the XBMC standard or do you think that sometime in the future you will implement support for AD?
Can I make one suggestion regarding the movies and showcase view?

One thing that I don't like is howthe extra thumbs are placed in the infowindow. It seems as if the layout is not completed. I was wondering if it would be possible, and if it would look better if the extra thumbs would contain one very thin border, perhaps in the color of the glow (the color choosen by the user). Currently there is just something missing like it is IMHO.

What do you think?
(2012-04-27, 14:49)st graveyard Wrote:
(2012-04-11, 21:48)Rygrath Wrote: The top of the list goes underneath the breadcrumbs. With the bar set as "Breadcrumbs Classic" this is not a problem. The episode title goes underneath the bar and you barely notice it. If you change the top bar style to "Default Breadcrumbs" or "Classic Top Panels", the episode text still goes underneath. But since the top bar is now transparent you can't really read the date, time, weather etc. Since it's lost with the episode text.

Here's a quick screen shot using the "Classic Top Panels" option (same with Default Breadcrumbs).

And another shot using "Breadcrumbs Classic" where you can still see the crumb info

Having the bottom of the list slightly cutoff is actually useful. Indicates there is more to scroll through, very intuitive. Perhaps the top of the list could cut off where episode 9 is in my screenshots? Still allows you to see 3 previous episodes, your current selection, and the next 6.

Edit: This view is probably still being worked on, so if this is already known, apologies for bringing it up again Smile

Phil, this seems still a problem. Issue is solved with classic top, but not with the breadcrumb top styles ...
Seems my other post got lost.

I have the skin up and running. looks great. testing tv shows now. 2 remarks :

- season fanart does not seem to work in episodes and poster view?
- when pressing the info button and going to the cast, a little photo is shown of the actor. when pressing right focus goes to the photo and then it disappears. Why is that?

cheers guys, I will keep on testing ;-)

focussing the actor image requires the actors script now.
not sure about season fanart. didn´t use that yet.
i cannot see any other problem with episode view combined with breadcrumbs. what should be wrong?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-27, 15:35)phil65 Wrote: focussing the actor image requires the actors script now.
not sure about season fanart. didn´t use that yet.
i cannot see any other problem with episode view combined with breadcrumbs. what should be wrong?

Phil,

when using breadcrumb top, the episodes description gets underneath the top, like this :

In classic styleyou solved this.

BN, can you check the season fan art?

Season fanart works, but the naming convention differs from other skins. It should be placed in the root of your tv show and be named seasonX-fanart.jpg
it is intended this way. for the transparent top bars the list is shifted a bit because the top bar labels weren´t readable then.
(2012-04-27, 16:21)Big_Noid Wrote: Season fanart works, but the naming convention differs from other skins. It should be placed in the root of your tv show and be named seasonX-fanart.jpg

should we adjust it to do it the same way as other skins?
how do they do it?
I´m not really up-to-date concerning all those naming conventions Big Grin
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-04-27, 16:23)phil65 Wrote: it is intended this way. for the transparent top bars the list is shifted a bit because the top bar labels weren´t readable then.
(2012-04-27, 16:21)Big_Noid Wrote: Season fanart works, but the naming convention differs from other skins. It should be placed in the root of your tv show and be named seasonX-fanart.jpg

should we adjust it to do it the same way as other skins?
how do they do it?
I´m not really up-to-date concerning all those naming conventions Big Grin

Ok, thanks for the info regarding the top bar.

BN, Phil, Iuse ember media manager to scrape all my art.season fanart is stored as"fanart.jpg" in the "seasonx" folder. Never had any problem with this. Maybe we should ask Martijn (artwork downloader) what he thinks? just a suggestion ...
It was done this way for people with localized xbmc. Fanart.jpg stored in season folder is no problem to load on episode level, but to show it in season level for each different season only works if the xbmc is english, or if the season folder on the pc is also localized. I do not intent to change it back. Afaik Ember can name the season fanart accordingly, all is needed then is to place it in the root of your show. batch scripts can easily be written to do this and also to copy fanart.jpg one folder up and rename it.
(2012-04-27, 16:56)Big_Noid Wrote: batch scripts can easily be written to do this

i think this does not apply to all users here Big Grin
Hey BN,

I might be too early with this, but I'm posting you some shots of how I have set up RCB in MQ3 compared to how it looks in NOX 3.0 right now :

MQ3, multiplex, sega mega drive (no publisher logo's or game logo's) :

The shot in the main windows is a movie preview.

This is the info window :

Poster view, super nintendo :

Large list (with preview movie) :

So my setup of rcb is correct in XBMC. This is how it looks now in NOX 3.0 :

boxes contain a square glow, no movie ...

Info window :

I know this is not complete, and I don't want you to copy MQ3 of course. But maybe the shots can help you. If I can help with RCB, just let me know.

(2012-04-27, 17:01)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-04-27, 16:56)Big_Noid Wrote: batch scripts can easily be written to do this

Ok, I'll add the fanart in the root as well, then my setup works for all skins ;-)
The info window you see is still the default one, meaning I haven't skinned that yet Big Grin
I'll have a look at the video window, i did code that but haven't tested it yet.
My thumbs are just flat ones, but I take it 3d thumbs are commonplace in RCB? In that case i'll have to adjust some things and lose the glass overlay.

Laugh
Well, my point was that season fanart is always manual work (yes using Ember is manual work too Angel )
EDIT: already answered
(2012-04-27, 17:13)Big_Noid Wrote: The info window you see is still the default one, meaning I haven't skinned that yet Big Grin
I'll have a look at the video window, i did code that but haven't tested it yet.
My thumbs are just flat ones, but I take it 3d thumbs are commonplace in RCB? In that case i'll have to adjust some things and lose the glass overlay.

Laugh
Well, my point was that season fanart is always manual work (yes using Ember is manual work too Angel )

BN,

The 3D artwork is downloaded from hyperspin.com (reference site in the emu world). I would definitely lose the glass overlay for the RCB views. As you can see from the shots, the artwork also does not fit in the boxes ... ??
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07