• 85(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0

Black Bar on Bottom since last GIT Pull... only in Aeon Nox so skin related.

EDIT: Fixed!
not the latest git pull. this was fixed 3 hours ago
sorry, i´m pushing my addons.xml too often Big Grin
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-05-09, 15:33)phil65 Wrote: 3) then deactivate titles from submenu

It turns out that I need to deactivate all submenu items but "Latest" to make it the default item.

Quote:4) why do you have the tvtunes addon installed then?

I think it is for me to decide which addons I install. For example, as a translator I keep some addons for testing purposes but not for personal use. Also I don't think that I'm the only person that likes to try some new things like plugins and skins from time to time. And if I'm not mistaken, some skins like Transparency install TVtunes along with them by default.

Quote:nox 3.0 has more options which are placed much better, that´s my opinion at least.

I guess you wanted to say "hidden much better".Smile

(2012-05-09, 15:35)Big_Noid Wrote: 5) I think he means having both poster widget and classic widget enabled. That was replaced with the mixed widget..it has both latest and featured for tv and movies

Yes, it is close to having "episode posters of watched TV shows" + "latest TV shows" in 2.0, though not quite the same Sad. But I don't understand, what the middle "plugin" window in "Mixed" widget is for? It shows empty placeholders which does not look good. Can it be disabled?

(2012-05-09, 16:27)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 15:33)phil65 Wrote: 3) then deactivate titles from submenu

It turns out that I need to deactivate all submenu items but "Latest" to make it the default item.

Quote:4) why do you have the tvtunes addon installed then?

I think it is for me to decide which addons I install. For example, as a translator I keep some addons for testing purposes but not for personal use. Also I don't think that I'm the only person that likes to try some new things like plugins and skins from time to time. And if I'm not mistaken, some skins like Transparency install TVtunes along with them by default.

Quote:nox 3.0 has more options which are placed much better, that´s my opinion at least.

I guess you wanted to say "hidden much better".Smile

(2012-05-09, 15:35)Big_Noid Wrote: 5) I think he means having both poster widget and classic widget enabled. That was replaced with the mixed widget..it has both latest and featured for tv and movies

Yes, it is close to having "episode posters of watched TV shows" + "latest TV shows" in 2.0, though not quite the same Sad. But I don't understand, what the middle "plugin" window in "Mixed" widget is for? It shows empty placeholders which does not look good. Can it be disabled?

concerning submenu: ok, can change the item order
concerning tvshows: you still have the possibiilty to deactivate the addon. i think that´s why deactivating is available for addons... it´s superfluous to have that setting twice.
concerning placing of settings: give arguments. just crying around won´t help.
concerning middle part of widget: atm you can fill it with anything you have... favorites, addons, playlists etc. just click on it.

Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-05-09, 15:52)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 15:00)Rastan Wrote: Hi and congratulations on your truley magnificent skin!
Last night I took the plunge and figured out how to use GIT and successfully installed Nox 3.0. However I have two problems. First problem is the mixed widgets, The add-on section never populates for me.

Movies

TV Shows

The second problem is when starting up Nox. If I don't intervene by pressing escape it takes a wooping 5 minutes for it to load up!! ..I'm not sure if its due to me having one too many addons/repo's installed., the size of my library or maybe the watchlist script. Heres a debug LOG

Sorry if these have been asked before but I couldn't find an answer when searching.

committed a fix for the never-ending loading screen (max 10 seconds + possibility to cancel earlier when pressing enter / select

Thanks Phil, I just gave the update a try and it now works perfectly as you described. Big Grin
(2012-05-09, 16:35)phil65 Wrote: concerning middle part of widget: atm you can fill it with anything you have... favorites, addons, playlists etc. just click on it.

Yes, but a) I don't want to place anything there, I want simply to turn it off b) even if I place there a couple of add-ons which I use most, this thing auto-rotates its contents and I still see empty placeholders. BTW, where is the option to disable auto-rotation of widget contents?
Loving this skin now that it supports PVR addons but i am having some problems with missing features and crashing.

In the settings menu the Live Video option is missing (it's there for the Confluence skin which had been modded to have this option in the settings menu) and xbmc is crashing when i am trying to use timeline view for the EPG (xbmc doesn't crash in this view when using Confluence but xbmc does lock up if i try to skip further along in the day for more episodes).

Hope the Error log helps in anyway - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2384
(2012-05-09, 17:34)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 16:35)phil65 Wrote: concerning middle part of widget: atm you can fill it with anything you have... favorites, addons, playlists etc. just click on it.

Yes, but a) I don't want to place anything there, I want simply to turn it off b) even if I place there a couple of add-ons which I use most, this thing auto-rotates its contents and I still see empty placeholders. BTW, where is the option to disable auto-rotation of widget contents?

one of the few options which was indeed removed. why would anyone need it?

I´m not the biggest fan of the middle part, too. will see if i rework it before 3.0.
you still have the possibilty to populate it with the same addons twice for example.
(2012-05-09, 17:40)rc10racer Wrote: Loving this skin now that it supports PVR addons but i am having some problems with missing features and crashing.

In the settings menu the Live Video option is missing (it's there for the Confluence skin which had been modded to have this option in the settings menu) and xbmc is crashing when i am trying to use timeline view for the EPG (xbmc doesn't crash in this view when using Confluence but xbmc does lock up if i try to skip further along in the day for more episodes).

Hope the Error log helps in anyway - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2384

both known. will be looked at.
(2012-05-09, 17:41)phil65 Wrote: one of the few options which was indeed removed. why would anyone need it?

a) In case of a mixed widget it displays empty placeholders when the widget is not fully populated. Maybe somehow an option can be added to skip empty slots during auto-rotation?

b) In case of simple "Latest movie/episode" widget (with 1 picture) it does not only rotates pictures in a widget but also rotates focus in a list inside that widget. Example: I use a simple "Latest episode" widget and want to watch the most recently added episode. But when I activate the widget and open the list of recently added episodes, the focus will be not on the most recent item but on the item that was displayed before I activated the widget, and this item may be at the end of the list.

Quote:I´m not the biggest fan of the middle part, too. will see if i rework it before 3.0.
you still have the possibilty to populate it with the same addons twice for example.

I'm afraid I will have to populate it with the same add-ons as many times as it has available slots. Anyway, I'm glad that you think it needs improvement.
(2012-05-09, 18:51)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 17:41)phil65 Wrote: one of the few options which was indeed removed. why would anyone need it?

a) In case of a mixed widget it displays empty placeholders when the widget is not fully populated. Maybe somehow an option can be added to skip empty slots during auto-rotation?

b) In case of simple "Latest movie/episode" widget (with 1 picture) it does not only rotates pictures in a widget but also rotates focus in a list inside that widget. Example: I use a simple "Latest episode" widget and want to watch the most recently added episode. But when I activate the widget and open the list of recently added episodes, the focus will be not on the most recent item but on the item that was displayed before I activated the widget, and this item may be at the end of the list.

Quote:I´m not the biggest fan of the middle part, too. will see if i rework it before 3.0.

I'm afraid I will have to populate it with the same add-ons as many times as it has available slots. Anyway, I'm glad that you think it needs improvement.

if absolutely dislike it you can still remove line 8 from home.xml

Code:
    <onload>AlarmClock(WidgetMove,Control.Move(8000,1),00:07,silent,loop)</onload>
i´m sure the vast majority will prefer to get rotating fanart. which one gets focused can be discussed.
I´m still waitiing for explanation for your "hidden-options" thesis.
Hi again,

Just wondered if anyone is having trouble with their music artist fanart. I have mine set up the following

Artists ----> Artist Name ---> extrafanart

Before updating they were all working fine. Now it seems only some work and to get the others working I have to manually direct each artist individually to the fanart jpg.

Everything was working properly before when using an earlier version of Nox 3.0

...Just to clarify, it previously worked by dropping a fanart downloaded from the internet into the appropriate folder and the skin would automatically pick it up. Now it seems it does not.
I'm using the skin in combination with xbmc-pvr. The skin looks great but I noticed a bug in the Live TV section:
opening the EPG section from the side menu will cause the TV/radio channel section to look like the recording section. Going back to the main menu and then entering Live TV again fixes it.
I also noticed that there are no channel numbers. I guess this is intentional but personally I prefer having channel numbers.
(2012-05-09, 20:33)Snippo Wrote: I'm using the skin in combination with xbmc-pvr. The skin looks great but I noticed a bug in the Live TV section:
opening the EPG section from the side menu will cause the TV/radio channel section to look like the recording section. Going back to the main menu and then entering Live TV again fixes it.
I also noticed that there are no channel numbers. I guess this is intentional but personally I prefer having channel numbers.

pvr section is a bit buggy atm, will be looked at. if you want us to remember your bug report, post it on github issues page.
(2012-05-09, 20:27)Rastan Wrote: Hi again,

Just wondered if anyone is having trouble with their music artist fanart. I have mine set up the following

Artists ----> Artist Name ---> extrafanart

Before updating they were all working fine. Now it seems only some work and to get the others working I have to manually direct each artist individually to the fanart jpg.

Everything was working properly before when using an earlier version of Nox 3.0

...Just to clarify, it previously worked by dropping a fanart downloaded from the internet into the appropriate folder and the skin would automatically pick it up. Now it seems it does not.

we´re workin on the background part atm, so possible that bugs occure atm.
where do they not display?
In Music - Artist info, there is Filmografy. Is that and error.
Here you can see (the las word solaping the text:
  • 85(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07