• 88(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
I had the same problem. I uninstalled TVtunes to "disable" it.

And btw, thanks for your git tutorial!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Don't know if you call this a bug? But I've lost the Default "Movies" Main Menu Item?

I set out to try this:
- setup one of the CUSTOM menu items as a secondary Movies item (was going to call it Movies2 for now)
- setup several of the sub-menu items for different subsets of the Movies library (Parents, Kids, Documentaries, etc)

The goal was to have a Movies Main Menu item that really didn't do anything on it's own but by pressing the down button - you could select a sub-library(Kids movies for example) and have ONLY those movies show up. If it worked, I was going to disable the primary Movies Main Menu Item. I currently have the sub-groups in separate folders within a Movies folder - so I setup Favorites for each sub-folder. I couldn't get the new "Movies2" item to come up though - guessing b/c nothing was assigned to it? Even though it was activated - it didn't appear on the Menu. So I tried setting it to CUSTOM - with nothing specified for the "custom" item. That didn't work either. I tried setting a Favorite to it (just to see if that would make it show) and it did. But the Favorite I assigned to it was a Fave pointing at the Main Movies folder...so I didn't realize that selecting that changed "Movies2" to "Movies".

When I went out of settings...that menu item showed up - but my default Movies menu item was gone (no doubt b/c the same name was used?) IE: nowhere to be found to activate or deactivate! And after disabling the new Custom menu item and resetting all settings for that menu item (and sub items) - still no Main Menu item of Movies...just goes from Music to TV Shows (see pic below).

So did I mess something up? Or is this a bug that not likely anyone might have stumbled on unless you're trying to do something crazy like this?

BTW: - the sub menu items didn't seem to work properly either...just brought up a screen with no covers, and no background or art - and pressing up, left, right...did nothing. I should have grabbed a screencap of that...but didn't think of it before I reset everything.

I'd like to have my Movies back Smile

But I'd also like to find a way to do what I'm describing - so if anyone has a recommended setup scenario...please feel free to share (or PM me).

(2012-05-09, 21:31)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 21:27)johnjohn1981 Wrote: good evening,

When i am in say tv shows or movies and i want press up or left ( dependant on the view) how does one go about removing the trigger icon i.e. the little icon on the left which tells you which way to press.

Regards john

answer is some pages back.... Rolleyes

care to elaborate there are a lot of pages please phil
(2012-05-10, 07:20)johnjohn1981 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 21:31)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 21:27)johnjohn1981 Wrote: good evening,

When i am in say tv shows or movies and i want press up or left ( dependant on the view) how does one go about removing the trigger icon i.e. the little icon on the left which tells you which way to press.

Regards john

answer is some pages back.... Rolleyes

Here you go...
(2012-05-10, 07:32)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 07:20)johnjohn1981 Wrote:
(2012-05-09, 21:31)phil65 Wrote: answer is some pages back.... Rolleyes

Here you go...
thank you so much
(2012-05-10, 05:43)puulima Wrote: Don't know if you call this a bug? But I've lost the Default "Movies" Main Menu Item?

I set out to try this:
- setup one of the CUSTOM menu items as a secondary Movies item (was going to call it Movies2 for now)
- setup several of the sub-menu items for different subsets of the Movies library (Parents, Kids, Documentaries, etc)

The goal was to have a Movies Main Menu item that really didn't do anything on it's own but by pressing the down button - you could select a sub-library(Kids movies for example) and have ONLY those movies show up. If it worked, I was going to disable the primary Movies Main Menu Item. I currently have the sub-groups in separate folders within a Movies folder - so I setup Favorites for each sub-folder. I couldn't get the new "Movies2" item to come up though - guessing b/c nothing was assigned to it? Even though it was activated - it didn't appear on the Menu. So I tried setting it to CUSTOM - with nothing specified for the "custom" item. That didn't work either. I tried setting a Favorite to it (just to see if that would make it show) and it did. But the Favorite I assigned to it was a Fave pointing at the Main Movies folder...so I didn't realize that selecting that changed "Movies2" to "Movies".

When I went out of settings...that menu item showed up - but my default Movies menu item was gone (no doubt b/c the same name was used?) IE: nowhere to be found to activate or deactivate! And after disabling the new Custom menu item and resetting all settings for that menu item (and sub items) - still no Main Menu item of Movies...just goes from Music to TV Shows (see pic below).

So did I mess something up? Or is this a bug that not likely anyone might have stumbled on unless you're trying to do something crazy like this?

BTW: - the sub menu items didn't seem to work properly either...just brought up a screen with no covers, and no background or art - and pressing up, left, right...did nothing. I should have grabbed a screencap of that...but didn't think of it before I reset everything.

I'd like to have my Movies back Smile

But I'd also like to find a way to do what I'm describing - so if anyone has a recommended setup scenario...please feel free to share (or PM me).

only possibilty that the customizer movies main menu item isn´t availbable anymore is when your movie library has no content. if it has, it shows up.

i also strongly recommmend to work with smart video playlists instead of favourites pointing to folders.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
It appears I'm still having problems with using poster.jpg. I run artwork downloader on all my TV series. I then try to change the occasional Russian poster to an English one and it won't change. The file in the folder is the new English poster but the Russian one is still displayed. Is there a cache I need to empty or maybe a set of steps I need to take to get this to work for me? I really appreciate your hard work and patience.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2012-05-10, 16:51)bobrap Wrote: It appears I'm still having problems with using poster.jpg. I run artwork downloader on all my TV series. I then try to change the occasional Russian poster to an English one and it won't change. The file in the folder is the new English poster but the Russian one is still displayed. Is there a cache I need to empty or maybe a set of steps I need to take to get this to work for me? I really appreciate your hard work and patience.

backup your userdata folder, rename/remove it and try again. please always check things like this before reporting. i´m wasting too much time with bad bug reports.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Just wait more than a day!
It will update
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-10, 16:51)bobrap Wrote: Is there a cache I need to empty or maybe a set of steps I need to take to get this to work for me?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails
mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2012-05-10, 14:06)phil65 Wrote: only possibilty that the customizer movies main menu item isn´t availbable anymore is when your movie library has no content. if it has, it shows up.

i also strongly recommmend to work with smart video playlists instead of favourites pointing to folders.

Won't be able to test until this evening - but that's likely the issue. I thought I did add the sub-folders to scan into the library though - so thought that would cover it.

On playlists - sort of off topic - but I Googled/searched for info on how to setup. The XBMC wiki page notes that "XBMC has built in powerful playlist editors (both for normal and smart playlists)" - I found where you can create a SMART playlist (which is likely what I want to setup for my purposes) - but where/how do you create a "normal" playlist? I don't see any other "editors" built in. Doesn't look like XBMC supports iTunes playlists...I would like to create some simple playlists for my wife/kids (music)...where can I find a sample file format?

And I've said it a dozen times...but man this skin is sweet! Let me know if you are circling back to polish off the YEARS icons/view also - last word was you were thinking about what you were going to do.

(2012-05-10, 20:12)puulima Wrote:
(2012-05-10, 14:06)phil65 Wrote: only possibilty that the customizer movies main menu item isn´t availbable anymore is when your movie library has no content. if it has, it shows up.

Won't be able to test until this evening - but that's likely the issue. I thought I did add the sub-folders to scan into the library though - so thought that would cover it.

On playlists - sort of off topic - but I Googled/searched for info on how to setup. The XBMC wiki page notes that "XBMC has built in powerful playlist editors (both for normal and smart playlists)" - I found where you can create a SMART playlist (which is likely what I want to setup for my purposes) - but where/how do you create a "normal" playlist? I don't see any other "editors" built in. Doesn't look like XBMC supports iTunes playlists...I would like to create some simple playlists for my wife/kids (music)...where can I find a sample file format?

And I've said it a dozen times...but man this skin is sweet! Let me know if you are circling back to polish off the YEARS icons/view also - last word was you were thinking about what you were going to do.

no, it means that you do not have any movie library content at all, not only the submenu paths.
i strongly recommend to use smart playlists, they offer much more features than fixed ones. just look at the filter rules.
Hi,

I just did I GIT pull and now I have weird characters effecting various screens in the skin.

(2012-05-10, 20:37)Rastan Wrote: Hi,

I just did I GIT pull and now I have weird characters effecting various screens in the skin.

Sorry, that was my fault, I made a Pull Request to add a string, and accidentally pushed the weird characters as well! It's fixed now, try a GIT pull now.

Again, sorry to phil65 and BigNoid for the mess.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07