• 99(current)
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.0
Sorry to be asking again, but did anyone understand my post about rom collection browser? It really bothers me that i can't switch between sets or filter out games like "action" "year" and so on.

I can't find a way to apply my selection, I'll see if i can make som screenshots to make it clearer!
i'll have a look at that tonight.
(2012-05-16, 10:26)Big_Noid Wrote: i'll have a look at that tonight.

Thanks!

I don't 100% know this is a bug with aeon nox 3.0 but it seems to be.

When I leave my htpc on and turn off the amp and tv for bed, when I next turn everything back on xbmc is in the dim screensaver mode and providing an input doesn't bring it out the screensaver, I can still navigate normally it's just all dim, everything stays dim untill I exit and reload xbmc. I can go in an out of the screensaver normally though, ie if I wait 5 mins the screen goes dim, I use the remote, it goes back to normal. It just seems to be when it's been in the screen saver mode for many hours it gets stuck.

I switched back to aeon nox 2 for a couple of days and it didn't happen and so switched back to aeon nox 3 again and it reappeared suggesting it is the skin.

That said I have no idea how you diagnose something like this so I might be out of luck.
Debug log is always a good start.
(2012-05-16, 10:30)Noggin1980 Wrote: I don't 100% know this is a bug with aeon nox 3.0 but it seems to be.

When I leave my htpc on and turn off the amp and tv for bed, when I next turn everything back on xbmc is in the dim screensaver mode and providing an input doesn't bring it out the screensaver, I can still navigate normally it's just all dim, everything stays dim untill I exit and reload xbmc. I can go in an out of the screensaver normally though, ie if I wait 5 mins the screen goes dim, I use the remote, it goes back to normal. It just seems to be when it's been in the screen saver mode for many hours it gets stuck.

I switched back to aeon nox 2 for a couple of days and it didn't happen and so switched back to aeon nox 3 again and it reappeared suggesting it is the skin.

That said I have no idea how you diagnose something like this so I might be out of luck.

i have the same issue. noticed that this morning. I usually turn my htpc off but forgot that last night. will try to get a log off it.
I have some issues in the new info-artist music. If you press "i" in an artist, in the info panel, you can't see the biography. If you select and album in the info panel (on the right), you can't return to the artist info (or I don't find the way). Could this be done in this release?
Don´t know if this is the correct thread to post it, but i have some issues with the MediaPortal TSReader plugin using Aeon Nox 3.0 Beta:

1. Live TV Records made when using Aeon Nox skin can not be played in XBMC, but plays in VLC.
I have tested the same with Confluence, these records play fine, even by changing back to Aeon Nox.

2.In Live TV, when changing to "Recordings" with the left side menu, and changing back to "TV Channels(or Radio channels)" i see a red Recording dot instead of the channel logo thumbs. To get the channel logos back, i have to switch in one channel to fullscreen and back to channel list....
(2012-05-16, 10:59)ferent Wrote: I have some issues in the new info-artist music. If you press "i" in an artist, in the info panel, you can't see the biography. If you select and album in the info panel (on the right), you can't return to the artist info (or I don't find the way). Could this be done in this release?

I can't reproduce this. Biograpy is a toggle with extra info. So it either shows the biography or it shows the information about the artist. Pressing left on the album list returns me to the buttons.
(2012-05-16, 11:44)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 10:59)ferent Wrote: I have some issues in the new info-artist music. If you press "i" in an artist, in the info panel, you can't see the biography. If you select and album in the info panel (on the right), you can't return to the artist info (or I don't find the way). Could this be done in this release?

I can't reproduce this. Biograpy is a toggle with extra info. So it either shows the biography or it shows the information about the artist. Pressing left on the album list returns me to the buttons.

Ok for the biography, my mistake. But if I press intro in an album (on the right list), the album info is showed (If I have this album in my BBDD), and then I can't return to the info artist. Maybe you can add a button like "Return to the Artist Info". It's only an idea. Here you have a screenshot:

(2012-05-16, 10:01)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 09:53)muzzakus Wrote: Couple of things, sorry if duplicated

Is it possible to implement an In Progress widget for tv shows?

Is a Collection overlay in the pipeline for movie sets?

I'm not sure if I missed it, but where is the infamous Traktv integration? I.e watchlist, totally ninja overlays etc. all i can see is the standalone app clumsily delivering bespoke functionality.

To finish, amazing skin!
The recommended widget shows next to new episodes also in progress episodes, but if you want only in progress episodes, make a smart playlist for that, assign it to main menu and enable a playlist widget for that (needs randomandlastitems script)
There was never trakt integration in main library. Trakt utilities has windows that are skinned in style of the skin.
Trakt integration is still an open issue on github. It needs script support for that.

Thanks BN. Just for clarity, what's the impediment to the trakt integration? Is it something the trakt dev needs to do -or- any script writer -or- its under your control? Sorry if dumb Q, im clueless to the matter.
Regards to Big_Noid and thank you very much for the development.

I just switched recently to Aeon NOX and must say this skin is now my favorite. It absolutely fits all my scenarios i use XBMC for. Expecially for all that customisation options.
Before I was using bundled confluence with all the changes i need for playlists done manually directly in skin xml files.
Despite of above may I dare to list some extra wishes to the skin functionality. I apologize in advance in case these topics were already discussed before. I went through entire thread reading all the 148 pages but could have missed something.

1.Most critical for me - I really suffer without Wide List view mode as it provided with confluence skin. It would be extremely fantastic to add it to AEON NOX. For myself I have changed ListView.xml to make this view wide just removing big poster and changing the with of the title are. While small posters i have added to the list replacing studio logos.
This view is used for some video streaming addons, especially for IPTV, where posters represent tv chanel logos, so have to be placed in front of each line in the list. And title appears to be very long representing time, name, cast, plot in single string. Perfect solution would be to add another Wide List view, do you think it is possible?

2. I am using smart playlists a lot and I like to place them in submenu. My small complain is about the size of submenus. Is possible to add an option of bigger sub menu as it is done for home menu. Sub menu with 50% height respect home menu would be just fine.

3. Absolutely not important but just a matter of taste. Rotating switch of movies and episodes widget between posters and plot view is a fantastic idea. But i would prefer to have rotation in vertical direction not horizontal. Will look less "massive" the animation plus we have to press up and down to switch, so vertical rotation is intuitively expected. Same for artist slideshow widget.

Then there are some bugs i noticed. Currently i am on Eden stable release with NOX 3.0.0.1337127873

1. extended info widget for video playing in backgroud. There is an overwlapping of 2 columns for plot and cast. And i agree with some users that font size for artist biography should be increased, as well as for plot and cast for video playing. Maybe widget width can be increased in order to fit bigger font.

2. I have some problems with weather page. Can not get working Weather Underground provider. Looks like the skin thinks that this is Weather plus plugin, in side panel shows all the options for 10days, 36 hours, weekend forecast with maps option. Like it was for Weather Plus. The only plugin which works for me is Weather Online but i do not like it.

3. Small feature. When navigating in side quick navigation panel, pressing left just closes this panel returning to sidepanel open. But when pressing right it closes quick nav panel, closes sidepanel and opens side panel again. All with animation affect thus resulting in some unnecessary open close animation for sidepanel.

Thats it for the moment.
Thank you again.

(2012-05-16, 12:49)muzzakus Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 10:01)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 09:53)muzzakus Wrote: Couple of things, sorry if duplicated

Is it possible to implement an In Progress widget for tv shows?

Is a Collection overlay in the pipeline for movie sets?

I'm not sure if I missed it, but where is the infamous Traktv integration? I.e watchlist, totally ninja overlays etc. all i can see is the standalone app clumsily delivering bespoke functionality.

To finish, amazing skin!
The recommended widget shows next to new episodes also in progress episodes, but if you want only in progress episodes, make a smart playlist for that, assign it to main menu and enable a playlist widget for that (needs randomandlastitems script)
There was never trakt integration in main library. Trakt utilities has windows that are skinned in style of the skin.
Trakt integration is still an open issue on github. It needs script support for that.

Thanks BN. Just for clarity, what's the impediment to the trakt integration? Is it something the trakt dev needs to do -or- any script writer -or- its under your control? Sorry if dumb Q, im clueless to the matter.

Its up to the developers of trakt utilities to make the script infolabels available for skins to use.

(2012-05-16, 13:00)savkin_k Wrote: Regards to Big_Noid and thank you very much for the development.

I just switched recently to Aeon NOX and must say this skin is now my favorite. It absolutely fits all my scenarios i use XBMC for. Expecially for all that customisation options.
Before I was using bundled confluence with all the changes i need for playlists done manually directly in skin xml files.
Despite of above may I dare to list some extra wishes to the skin functionality. I apologize in advance in case these topics were already discussed before. I went through entire thread reading all the 148 pages but could have missed something.

1.Most critical for me - I really suffer without Wide List view mode as it provided with confluence skin. It would be extremely fantastic to add it to AEON NOX. For myself I have changed ListView.xml to make this view wide just removing big poster and changing the with of the title are. While small posters i have added to the list replacing studio logos.
This view is used for some video streaming addons, especially for IPTV, where posters represent tv chanel logos, so have to be placed in front of each line in the list. And title appears to be very long representing time, name, cast, plot in single string. Perfect solution would be to add another Wide List view, do you think it is possible?

2. I am using smart playlists a lot and I like to place them in submenu. My small complain is about the size of submenus. Is possible to add an option of bigger sub menu as it is done for home menu. Sub menu with 50% height respect home menu would be just fine.

3. Absolutely not important but just a matter of taste. Rotating switch of movies and episodes widget between posters and plot view is a fantastic idea. But i would prefer to have rotation in vertical direction not horizontal. Will look less "massive" the animation plus we have to press up and down to switch, so vertical rotation is intuitively expected. Same for artist slideshow widget.

Then there are some bugs i noticed. Currently i am on Eden stable release with NOX 3.0.0.1337127873

1. extended info widget for video playing in backgroud. There is an overwlapping of 2 columns for plot and cast. And i agree with some users that font size for artist biography should be increased, as well as for plot and cast for video playing. Maybe widget width can be increased in order to fit bigger font.

2. I have some problems with weather page. Can not get working Weather Underground provider. Looks like the skin thinks that this is Weather plus plugin, in side panel shows all the options for 10days, 36 hours, weekend forecast with maps option. Like it was for Weather Plus. The only plugin which works for me is Weather Online but i do not like it.

3. Small feature. When navigating in side quick navigation panel, pressing left just closes this panel returning to sidepanel open. But when pressing right it closes quick nav panel, closes sidepanel and opens side panel again. All with animation affect thus resulting in some unnecessary open close animation for sidepanel.

Thats it for the moment.
Thank you again.
1.1) No, sorry. There are enough list views imo. Maybe we'll reconsider for next iteration, but for 3.0.0 nothing will get added anymore.
1.2) I'll see how hard it will be to easily add this, but if it's not easy the same point from above will apply; not for 3.0.0
1.3) That might be a good idea. I'll have a play with that tonight and if Phil and myself like it better, we will change it.

2.1) Will have a look at that. I agree on the font size, but since this particular bit was Phils work, i'll let him decide. I can imagine why its a small font size though, there is not enough room otherwise for all info to be displayed.
2.2) Yes, this is for the new wunderground that is not yet available on the repo. I hope it gets added soon. You can download the new one in the weather wunderground thread.
3.3) Will have a look at that too.
Is there a way to disable mediaflags/aspectratio/studioinfo/etc in showcase view? Preferably in al views.

All my media are 720/1080p mkv BR rips. So i dont really care about this info.

Also instead of "IMDB" i would prefer "Rating" at the movie info panel.
No option will be made for the floorflags. If you want to remove it, delete this line from MyVideoNav.xml:
Code:
<include>FloorFlags</include>

With the new universal scraper, maybe its better to have rating instead of IMDb. Have to think about it some more.
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Aeon Nox 3.07