Larger font for Composite TV
Smile 
First off, thank you very much to surfing_spider for posting this. It was a big help to make things readable on my 32" tube TV once I had the 'Massive' font added to the Confluence skin Big Grin

I wanted to have a bigger font for the Favorites list and after working through the list I found it was font12_title in which I changed the size from 17 to 30.

Hope this helps someone else who wants to do the same.

BTW I'm a newbie to RaspbMC and it was only by accidentally reading it in a post somewhere that I discovered that the 'star' in the bottom left corner of the main screen brings up the favorite list.
Thanks for giving back and helping the community.
Bonus - font12_title is also used in the text entry (keyboard) screen which is another one I wanted to change Big Grin
I have amended the code to reflect the Font12_title size change. I set it to be size 25 though I found 30 to large myself
With the June 2013 update to RaspbMC the path to these files has changed to use 'skin.confluence.classic' for the 'blue' themed original version. Using the old paths with 'skin.confluence' does the same font changes but to the new 'red' themed mod.
upgraded to latest openelec and this no longer works
:-(
HELP
I lost my beautiful big fonts!!!!!
Anybody have a clue where to look?

--------SOLVED--------------
followed the advice given in a different thread
copied the confluence folder to my pc via winscp
changed the folder name and the skin id in the xml
and changed the fonts in the font.xml
then zipped the folder, moved it to the pi and installed skin from zip
YAY my big fonts are back
Bump

Just updated the first port for Raspberry Pi and gotham
Hi, I'm running XBMC 13.0 Gotham on OUYA console (Android). Unfortunately I can not find file : confluence/720p/Font.xm
Could someone please help me to do the big-font mode for the default "Confluence" skin in Android ?
Thank you!
Tongue 
Unfortunately I don't have a OUYA console to try it on (if someone want to send me a free one that if fine Wink ). I do have XBMC running on a android tablet though. So I will try and do it on that and let you know the android file location.
(2014-05-07, 06:42)surfing_spider Wrote: Unfortunately I don't have a OUYA console to try it on (if someone want to send me a free one that if fine Wink ). I do have XBMC running on a android tablet though. So I will try and do it on that and let you know the android file location.

Thanks! Looking forward for your findings.
Hi,

On OpenElec, even if the file system is read only, you CAN edit the skin fonts !

You need to copy the skin.confluence folder to a writable path :

cp -pr /usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence /storage/.xbmc/addons

And edit the 2 files with nano

nano Strings.po
nano Font.xml

Hope it helps !
I just tried the openelec workaround and it didn't work for me. openelec just kept flashing the boot screen.

The good news is that the next version KODI Helix comes with a larger fonts setting as standard! at last.
Has anyone been able to do this in OSMC? The file paths are not the same.
With some help over at the OSMC forums LINK I found a few paths:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Font.xml

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/language/English/strings.po

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogFavourites.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Larger font for Composite TV3