• 2(current)
Feature suggestions
OK, I think I understand it now.

However, I have no clue if item you are assigning is wide, square, banner or poster like. Thus, I could use generic layout that would keep aspect ratio of item you are assigning but that would lead to situation that every item looks different - not looking nice at all.

I have requested possibility to assign custom thumbs to favorite items while ago - that would help as you could make your own square thumb for any item you are assigning, not only tv shows.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12045
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

the item i want to add are dvd covers (poster like)
(2012-03-30, 15:56)bilbon0bud Wrote: the item i want to add are dvd covers (poster like)

I understand that but this skin is for all to use, not just for you Smile
I can't code skin like: "if user = bilbon0bud use Posters if user =pecinko use Banners ....
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

BTW, any good reason not to add them as menu items and use recently added or image of your choice on the shelf?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I don't know how I've missed it before, but I love this skin! So far I have one very small request. Under home media shelf customizer, would it be possible to add the option to set a custom image for the 'XBMC' home menu item. I currently have icons set up for the others, and the home screen feels strange without the XBMC item having a similar icon. Thanks!
may be you can add an option to choose the type or forme to use on the catégorie.
This should be possible, I will take a look.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thumbs Up 
Not sure how that happened, lets try again...sorry

Great skin- by far the best for ATV2...any thought on the possibility of adding trailer to the list (or media info) views? Similar to media info2 on quartz 1.0.5? Would be great for some of the streaming addons who support trailers....
Thanks again for such a clean, fast skin.
May I ask, what addons do you have in mind?

BTW, great thread icon Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Primarily the addons which stream net based video (i**f*lms, ect)...dont want to ruffle any feathers as far as admins go, but the ability to have trailers on main page is nice.
I installed this skin for my ATV2, because it's running so smooth on it. But now I'm using it on my main HTPC too. I love it!

I've got some request though:

- When pressing the right/left buttons in the poster view, it would be nice if the selection would continue to the previous/next line when it reaches the end of a line. Maybe the "View options dialog" can be called in a different, more logical way? If that's not possible, maybe this functionality will only be available of the "View options dialog" is disabled?

- When entering the seasons or episodes screen, the selected menu item is the back button. Would it be possible to automatically select the last unviewed season/episode? When entering a screen, going back probably isn't the first you would want to do anyway. Another advantage is that the screen will be filled with a nice fanart / poster instead of being 90% black when entering.

- When playing music over Airplay, I understand it's not yet possible to display the cover image. It would be nice if Quartz would hide the "missing cover" image. Maybe it could instead display a fullscreen music fanart slideshow (like in Aeon Nox)?

Thank you for listening, and all your efforts!

(2012-04-02, 23:13)generator Wrote: - When pressing the right/left buttons in the poster view, it would be nice if the selection would continue to the previous/next line when it reaches the end of a line. Maybe the "View options dialog" can be called in a different, more logical way? If that's not possible, maybe this functionality will only be available of the "View options dialog" is disabled?

What's the name of that view in the skin? Not sure I quite follow you idea with previous/next line.

What is your proposal of more logical call of "View options"?

Quote:- When entering the seasons or episodes screen, the selected menu item is the back button. Would it be possible to automatically select the last unviewed season/episode? When entering a screen, going back probably isn't the first you would want to do anyway. Another advantage is that the screen will be filled with a nice fanart / poster instead of being 90% black when entering.

This is controlled by XBMC and it should take you to last position.

Quote:- When playing music over Airplay, I understand it's not yet possible to display the cover image. It would be nice if Quartz would hide the "missing cover" image. Maybe it could instead display a fullscreen music fanart slideshow (like in Aeon Nox)?

Pressing "I" toggle info state, this means that you are able to hide it already. If you enable fanart in OSD options and you have artist slideshow add-on installed - it will show fan art slideshow.

My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-02, 23:31)pecinko Wrote: What's the name of that view in the skin? Not sure I quite follow you idea with previous/next line.

I'm talking about the icon views. These views consists of a grid of posters that you can navigate through using the left/right and up/down buttons. When pressing right a few times you reach the end of the line. This brings up the "View options dialog". But I think it would be nicer if you would just continue on the next line of posters. I recall the Apple TV interface working the same way.

(2012-04-02, 23:31)pecinko Wrote: What is your proposal of more logical call of "View options"?

One solution could be this:
The menu would be positioned in a bar on the top of the screen. It is hidden by default, and will slide down when the user presses the up button when at the top of the screen. In the list views the menu could slide out on the right when pressing the right button.

The bar would look somewhat like this:
http://cdn.pocket-lint.com/images/FpY2/a...iew-12.jpg

(2012-04-02, 23:31)pecinko Wrote: This is controlled by XBMC and it should take you to last position.

This doesn't seem to work here.

(2012-04-02, 23:31)pecinko Wrote: Pressing "I" toggle info state, this means that you are able to hide it already. If you enable fanart in OSD options and you have artist slideshow add-on installed - it will show fan art slideshow.

I'll try installing the add-on slideshow.
OK, now I understand.

There are few problems related to your suggestion but we are actually on the same page as I requested changes to skin engine that would allow this some time ago

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid823020

If necessary changes would be made I will alter grid behavior so it scrolls left to right, meaning access to "view options dialog" would be improved. In current situation it is problematic as moving left/right would slide to next column, revealing only next 2 items, which IMO kinda beats the purpose of grid view.

Apple screenshot is probably not something I would like to replicate in XBMC because of the differences between this two systems.

Apple does not have grid view "per se", but rather 3 horizontal rows, each with different content. Since they are selling/renting stuff there, it makes sense to use posters instead of a list presentation, making it more attractive. However, every item you see there is "new", meaning you probably would not mind that row slides by one item. When my boys are looking for a movie, they need to take a quick glance at posters and move to the next row if they do not see the one they're looking for.

Last position is not working for me either but, anyways, this is controlled by XBMC.

Chances are you already have slideshow add-on installed if you have Aeon on your system, but you can always find it here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I'm not sure if we're on the same page. I think you're talking about a wall view. Which is nice, but that's different viewtype all together. Unlike the wall view, I think to icon view is basically a list, and should work like a list. I like the wall view, but I hope you will add it as a different viewtype as opposed to the icon view.

What I am proposing is a change in the icon view. When saying "go to the next line", I mean the row beneath it. I've added an image to illustrate the flow that I am suggesting:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/flowe.gif/

This is very useful when choosing a movie with other people, since you can easily browse along every single movie just by clicking the "right" button. Just like you would use the "down" button to scroll through a normal list .

P.S: Thanks for listening. I don't think developers should implement every single thing that their users suggest. But I hope you will recognize this as an improvement.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature suggestions0