• 3(current)
Feature suggestions
Heh, I see that each person has it's own view on a list layout Smile

We are talking about same this, as far as I can say - I see a grid of Posters, that's named "Icons" in Quartz. I hate to disappoint you but there is no way to make navigation like you describe and frankly I'm not sure if that would be a good idea even if it would be possible. I believe most users find current navigation more appropriate to that layout.

For left/right browsing per item and easier access to "View options" I would suggest Big Icons view, but that is just suggestion from my point of view.

I'm always open to and thankful for usability improvement suggestions, so keep them coming if this didn't discourage you.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

No hard feelings! Your skin is already great, but I really like to help make it even better. Since I'm an interface designer by profession, whenever I experience some small annoyances it's very hard to just ignore them. So you might hear more from me in the future.

I do know the source of our misunderstanding now. It's not the Apple TV interface that uses the flow that I described, but the Plex client for the ATV2 (it's using the ATV2 interface though). Maybe you could check it out one day, it works really well. You might even get some inspiration from it!
I just checked it out and I must admit there is nothing confusing with that type of navigation, as I thought at first. But as I said - not possible in XBMC GUI.

Except for this, I did not find it more inspirational than ATV original interface Smile

Thanks for suggestions.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

One more question:

I've installed the slideshow add-on. It's working great. But the tip you gave me for hiding the cover/info isn't working, pressing the I/Info button does absolutely nothing. It works on other skins though, so I guess it's skin related?
You are right, I see now what I have borked. Fixed for new release.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Great!
Hi,

These requests are not big deals because Quartz is almost perfect as is. But please consider if you can.

Can you provide a chance to add TV Shows Watchlist to 'media shelf' as poster view?
In my case TV Shows Watchlist is one of daily using menu and I realized Xeebo's 'Ongoing TV Shows' on home is very eidetic and convenient.

How about rename the title of font set 'System' to 'Arial based' or 'Arial' like Confluence?
Many skins named as that way so non-English users switch between skins easily without re-setting font option.

Always thanks.
(2012-04-09, 11:51)piodio Wrote: 1.
Can you provide a chance to add TV Shows Watchlist to 'media shelf' as poster view?
In my case TV Shows Watchlist is one of daily using menu and I realized Xeebo's 'Ongoing TV Shows' on home is very eidetic and convenient.

How about rename the title of font set 'System' to 'Arial based' or 'Arial' like Confluence?
Many skins named as that way so non-English users switch between skins easily without re-setting font option.

Always thanks.

1. I don't see benefits vs what we have now (watchlist item in menu). On the contrary this seems as a step back?

2. Sure. Will be in next update.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/imag...Soon-2.png

Are there any plans to make the skin look like IOS5 on Apple TV 3?
It was considered.

What are the benefits of iOS5 interface?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

There are no benefits as such, but it would be nice to have an app drawer sort of thing, you get the top two rows where you can link to your libraries then the rest of the list has all your programs and addons, when you scroll down past the second row it should slide up and you get a screen full of your programs and addons, not sure if this is possible but might be a nice alternative than drilling down through menus just to get to your programs/favourites/etc..
Sure, I understand. Stil, why is that better than having your add-ons on shelf (one slick away) as it is now?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Didn't even realise you could do that, I'm pretty new to this skin I love it. Managed to get apps in the shelf now.
I'd like to propose an 'Episode-Fanart' view. I'ts basically like 'Fanart 1' but instead of the movie/show poster you see the episode thumbnail. It would be more consistent, if you use fanarts Smile
I really like this skin - the only thing I would request is a Movie Poster Wall view. My 4 year old can't read movie titles but she knows the movie covers Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature suggestions0