• 4(current)
Feature suggestions
Take a look at grid (icons) view. That's what my boys are using.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

not sure if already in this topic. but it is possible to make an "autostart" option for audio streams? in confluence i had an option to save an link to a webradio stream or .pls file. so xbmc opens the stream directly after the start.
Smile 
Hello,

Thanks for this excellent skin :-)

Not sure if this can be done, but is there a way that you could make it possible for a user to add a button to the Music home menu that takes you to the current playlist that is playing.

Hmm...

And you know you can get there via a) context menu and b) from options in music playing screen?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-20, 01:34)pecinko Wrote: Take a look at grid (icons) view. That's what my boys are using.
Huh, the version I have (installed from xbmc repo) doesn't seem to have that?
It does. You don't like skin settings, do you? Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-21, 22:37)pecinko Wrote: Hmm...

And you know you can get there via a) context menu and b) from options in music playing screen?

Sure, but from the music playing screen that's quite a few button presses on my remote, and the context menu isn't available in the home screen, which is where I'll be playing lots of music from because of your excellent "recent albums" feature Smile Would be great to have a one-button route to the current playlist.
What remote do you use?

EDIT: I have moved playlist item in OSD in ver. 3.2.6

For Apple silver remote:

- Hold select on home to jump to music playing
- bring up OSD and press UP for quick jump to options
- queued playlist is first item

As an alternative you could remap remote key to open playlist directly.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hey thanks for being so responsive :-) I use a Harmony remote, so there is already a button for quick access to the music playing screen, but I think people will find the Up shortcut to the options dialog useful, so thanks for that.

Sorry if I was unclear, when I said one button to access the queued playlist, I meant a GUI button—in other words, a menu item that we can select by scrolling down the Music menu on the home screen. Select that and boom: it takes you to the current playlist.

How XBMC handles music playlists has always been a bit strange, so I'd understand if this wasn't possible.
(2012-04-23, 21:27)fhfiapwg Wrote: How XBMC handles music playlists has always been a bit strange, so I'd understand if this wasn't possible.

To be frank I don't know if it is possible (most probably it is) but I have a problem adding it for the same reason you are mentioning above. I need to have "playing" button which takes you to "music playing fullscreen" so that people can find their way there. Beside this, you have "queued playlist" labeled as "now playing" in context menu and you are suggesting third instance that should be called.. hmm.. "playlist" while we have "playlist" item in library that opens up custom made playlists, that have nothing to do with queued one.

For all those reasons I seems more appropriate to make your own keymap.xml file, which will take you to queued playlist with a click of a button.

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>  
            <f7>ActivateWindow(MusicPlaylist)</f7>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>

This is example for keyboard (f7). Take a look at wiki to make one for your remote.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

is it possible to change the size of the cd album cover in the "now playing" menu?
many older albums have crappy scraped images, bad compression, et cetera. looks not very good. perhaps it is possible to make an adjustment button in the skin settings to display the cover pictures at full size or 50% / 75% size.

and one more little thing: when you scroll to "now playing", quartz will show the actual played cover/song on top of the screen (in the main menu). the font is very light (in meaning of "not dark enough") for the background. very hard to read.

Hi, loving the skin, only one request, any chance of locally stored poster.jpg/banner.jpg support for tv shows so that either can be used without re-scaping?

Thanks
(2012-04-22, 19:35)pecinko Wrote: What remote do you use?

EDIT: I have moved playlist item in OSD in ver. 3.2.6

For Apple silver remote:

- Hold select on home to jump to music playing
- bring up OSD and press UP for quick jump to options
- queued playlist is first item

As an alternative you could remap remote key to open playlist directly.

You wouldn't happen to be using your Apple remote on a Windows box, would you?
No, osx and ios ATM.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

is it possible to show a various selection of movies instead of the "newest ones" in the head of the skin (the place where the pixar logo is (screenshot thread))

maybe it could be an option. "last added" or "various selection". so you have more individuality in the movies section.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature suggestions0