Trouble getting XBMCbuntu to install
Sad 
I built my first HTPC and tried installing XBMCbuntu. I followed the instructions for installing via USB flash drive by using that program to "burn" the ISO onto my USB flash drive (after formatting it in FAT32). I was able to successfully boot from the USB device and it gave me the options to install or boot from usb, etc. I put to install XBMCbuntu. It went to the screen with the flashing dots, never asked any questions, and eventually brought me to the main XBMC page. So I turned the computer off, took the usb stick out, and turned it back on booting from my SSD drive (which is the only drive in the HTPC). It just takes me to the screen saying I need a proper bootable device. I have tried it several times with the same results.

So now I'm a bit confused. I was expecting the install process to give me an option to format the SSD drive. The SSD drive hasn't been formatted since I bought it. I tried it with two different USB flash drives and it just takes me to the main XBMC screen but doesn't appear to put it on the SSD drive.

What am I missing?

AMD A6-3500
ASRock A75M-ITX
Corsair Force Series 3 60gb internal SSD
4 gigs ram

Thanks!
Bump! This is driving me crazy. My system is newly built from new components I purchased. It is straight out of the box.
Does it boot into XBMC only when your USB stick is still inserted after install? Then you probably have this problem: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1517987
Good Morning Dissonance79,

Did you get to select where you want to install the XBMCBuntu or did it just start loading?

Its been a little bit since I installed mine (last week seems so far away!) However, I do remember having the option to format my hard drive and choose how I wanted to allocate the partitions.

If this not the case, it sounds to me that your bootable USB stick may not be even recognizing your SSD. Maybe try to burn another USB stick with a FREEDOS boot, and try formatting your SSD from there with a fileformat of your choice.

Do me a favor, try to boot off the USB drive again, and write down exactly the screens and step you go through so I can get a better understanding of what options you have been given.

Freedos and a preformat may be your answer, or maybe your missing an option in the bootloader for XBMCBuntu. From what your saying so far, it seems that your actually not installing and it just skips that step and boots into XBMCbuntu from your USB drive.

Hopefully that helps, but if you get us more info, we may be able to help more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble getting XBMCbuntu to install 0