Can this be done?
So I wanted to separate out the kids movies from the grownup ones. I used smart playlists and it worked fine. However, I no longer (obviously) have the sub menus that are there by default on the standard "movies" menu item (e.g. Genre, Date, Actors, etc). Is there any way to add these back? Even if it means editing some XML. Im not exactly super techie but can follow along if you tell me how.

I tried to "favourite" the palylists and the genre option and then use those under FAV1 menu and sub-menu items. It was the closest I got but then it displayed the genres for both kid and grownup movies... Which defeats the whole point of separating them. I'm out of ideas. Anyone?

Thanks in advance,
You can add your smart playlist as favourite and add that as default action for opening movies.
Yeah that is one solution I had not thought of. It works ok but still not exactly the way I want it. The issue is that now when I search genres I get the genres from both kid and grownup movies. Ideally I'd like to keep them separate. No need for the "Disney" or "Family" genres to show up in the grownup movies. The idea is to keep them completely separate. Plus this solution does not give the sub menu items for the kids list... You can only get the submenus on one or the other.

Oh well! I'm probably asking too much. I'm basically asking for two separate movie libraries which I don't think is really supported. And why would it be other than this particular usage?

Anyway... A response from bignoid himself was amazing. Thanks for all the hard work you do on this skin. You and xbmc have revolutionized the way I watch my video library.
(2012-04-06, 05:40)burgess Wrote: I'm basically asking for two separate movie libraries which I don't think is really supported.

If you want totally separate libraries, set up a separate profile.

(2012-04-06, 05:40)burgess Wrote: Yeah that is one solution I had not thought of. It works ok but still not exactly the way I want it. The issue is that now when I search genres I get the genres from both kid and grownup movies. Ideally I'd like to keep them separate. No need for the "Disney" or "Family" genres to show up in the grownup movies. The idea is to keep them completely separate. Plus this solution does not give the sub menu items for the kids list... You can only get the submenus on one or the other.

Oh well! I'm probably asking too much. I'm basically asking for two separate movie libraries which I don't think is really supported. And why would it be other than this particular usage?

Anyway... A response from bignoid himself was amazing. Thanks for all the hard work you do on this skin. You and xbmc have revolutionized the way I watch my video library.

You used to be able to do this by using smart play lists. The kids one just consisted of "kids" in the genre. The adult one excluded this genre. I titled this one movies and hid the normal movies via settings. Just moved to Eden so not sure if u can still do this?
of course it´s still possible. search forums/wiki for smart playlists and how to create them, and add that playlist as a menu item
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-04-16, 23:29)phil65 Wrote: of course it´s still possible. search forums/wiki for smart playlists and how to create them, and add that playlist as a menu item

Great, need to have a thorough play about as I'm using MQ3 now for the first time Smile
I looked at the wiki nad unless i'm blind it doesnt actually tell you how to create them? Sorry if i'm being thick...
(2012-04-18, 21:28)acamp76144 Wrote: I looked at the wiki nad unless i'm blind it doesnt actually tell you how to create them? Sorry if i'm being thick...

You're right. It's not explicitly stated on the wiki how to actually create them. I had the same problem when I first tried.

Watch this youtube video for help - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWea_PvIkE

Basically to create the smart playlist go into movies and then back two directories until you can see the playlists menu item. You can create smart playlists from within there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can this be done?0