Poll: Linksbox integration - your enthusiasm? - Show ysbox & co. you care.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Extremely Enthusiastic
91.67%
Wouldn't mind it
8.33%
Not all that bothered really
0%
Don't care at all
0%
Total
12 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

LinksBoks integration, your enthusiasm?
Thumbs Up 
i personally think direct media forwarding from the web as well as the ability to control anything with a web interface from within xbmc is a really exciting step forward.

i would hate to see this fade away due to lack of support.

j_k

(sorry about incorrect forum: hop on over to general discussion to vote!Wink)
yes wrong forum Wink

but i think it's a good idea to get feedback on what is a slightly controversial topic.

i wasn't too keen on it at first. the worry of bloat and wether a browser is needed in a media player. but i've come around to the idea and can certainly see the advantages.

personally i love the idea of being able to grab nzb's in xbmc, download them to an smb share and automatically have newleecher download and extract postings from usenet. since this is my primary source of media that i use in xmbc it sounds good to me Wink
the way i see things, it could interesting to add an internet module with favourites that users could open to display a site (news, weather with sat. photo, forum...). other media center do that (cf myhtpc or meedio...).
:kickass:
i have been keeping my eye on this one for months!!!

links integration adds so much functionality with very little added space or memory! please add it to the cvs!!!
also, adding a browser *could* be a better way to use xlink one's new web gui once it is released (see x-s news). it may be the only way to get built in kai support.

also pandora.com would automatically be supported.

etc..
jiz_king:
udp will still be supported on the new engine, just a few changes of commands.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(jiz_king @ feb. 23 2006,14:02 Wrote:also pandora.com would automatically be supported.
sorry to say this, but nope it wouldn't. afaik pandora uses a flash only and flash isn't supported by links in any way.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
absolutely, and even if there were good open source flash decoding libraries available (there is none yet), links' code is so monolithic it would be a huge pain adding support for this kind of stuff without compromising the overall stability.

also please keep in mind that links is several generations late, and it probably will keep that way. that includes javascript (no dom), css and so on. so unfortunately all these "media players" popups provided by some websites won't work.

maybe someone will build up a "xbmc start page" compatible with links one day Wink
adding my 2 cents... waiting for linksboks to be enabled by default..
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
ok, bad examples, but web pages with links to media types supported by xbmc will surely be worth it alone?

and besides, ysbox.. who's side are you on Wink

cheers.
hm, is this in cvs yet? (haven't been able to upgrade yet) i've been watching this for months, also check the amount of views on the linksboks integration thread, getting this in would be amazing.
you haven't been watching very closely. if and when this gets integrated into xbmc cvs you will see it in the official changelog.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LinksBoks integration, your enthusiasm?0