Media manager for music
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a media manager similar to media companion, for music, you know something that can download band fanart, etc, and store that info in my file system.

Thanks
check out headphones
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Headphones is an automatic music downloader. It is in no way comparable to media companion.

What you are looking for is something like mediamonkey or tag&rename. I use mediamonkey and its both powerful and easy to use. It also has a ton of addons, including musicbrainz support.

+1 on mediamonkey, I don't think you can beat it. The tagging feature helped me finally free myself from the tyranny of itunes Smile
Can I autotag with MM?
I tried Picard (Liked it but too many problems with deluxe editions/bonus tracks), Winamp autotag (Meh not that good bgecause they gui is really bad but the tagger itself seems to work ok) mp3tag (Cant get it to work for my whole lib only for 1 album at a time).
With so much variation in tags, filenames, file fingerprints, etc.. There is nothing that I would trust to run through my entire library and name/tag/sort/apply art/etc. without some manual intervention/verification.

MM is fast, has awesome sorting capabilities, and between built in sources and plugins can automate the process using any popular source or source(s) - but its not setup to just click and come back in a day with a perfect catalog.

I dont want to do everything automatically but I want it to scan for the tags and then let me check the ids and click ok.
With mp3 I had to drag and drop 1 album at a time then scan and confirm and drag the next, maybe I just did it wrong and there is a way to scan for multiple albums at once.
I don't need it to be fully automatic, but I would love a program like ember media manager or media companion that can scrape band pics and cover art from sites like last.fm, and then save those files in the same folder as the album. Looks like there is nothing out currently that can do this.
i use this:

http://www.helium-music-manager.com/

yoinked a copy from a murky corner of the net ages ago, jobs a goodun.
I had a look at Helium Music Manager and found that they have a neat tool for downloading multiple album art at once:

http://www.helium-music-manager.com/video-tutorials/

Perhaps the program also includes the same features for downloading tags?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media manager for music1