Feature requests (3) - all of them amazingly good!
(Yes, my subject is joking, of course I think my suggestions are great!)
Hi developers,
Firstly, thank you - XBMC is awesome, XBMC remote is awesome. I donated many years ago when it was on the Xbox and the hard work is appreciated.

#1 Maximise App
Long story short, is it possible to have a button on the XBMC Remote maximise the application? I know it sounds kind of silly but I RDP in to my little HPTC / NAS / All in one all the time - but when I get home it would be lovely to just hit a button on the remote and it brings XBMC up.
(This may be a windows limitation? Hope not)

#2 "Swipe" between modes
I think from a design perspective, I would love to be on the "remote" mode and simply swipe the screen left to go to movies or right to go to TV for example.
Obviously you would need to set the 'swipe speed' and 'swipe distance' so it doesn't occur accidentally - but I would LOVE this feature.
(I hate having to go "back, back" and manually in to the TV / Movies mode)

#3 Gesture based navigation (no need to look at the XBMC remote)
Would love to be able to play / pause, 30 second block forward, 30 second blocck back and navigate the menus without looking at the remote at all.
I think this needs a lot more thought than what I just put in to that because clearly it's a big, complex feature but it could be .. well bloody good.

Anyhow, thanks for your time, hope the suggestions are useful.
Keep up the great work.

Well, I've now moved my little server into 'production' in the loungeroom and I really, really need #1 at this point Sad Does anyone with any Windows programming knowledge know if it's even possible for an application to initiate fullscreen mode / bring to front / maximise commands to the OS for itself?
I really don't want to have to hook up a bluetooth k/b and mouse and use it for a second every time I want to use XBMC.

Thoughts?
i use remote launcher on my android to launch/maximize xbmc. maybe event ghost will work with a standard remote. i've never used it, but i believe that's what it's for.
#1 Nothing really to do with XBMC itself, this is a very OS specific request. I'm sure there are other solutions as wes paich mentioned.

#2 Probably going to make use of that in the next-gen version, yes.

#3 There is already a gesture mode in the remote control (press menu).
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
(2012-04-09, 12:18)freezy Wrote: #1 Nothing really to do with XBMC itself, this is a very OS specific request. I'm sure there are other solutions as wes paich mentioned.

#2 Probably going to make use of that in the next-gen version, yes.

#3 There is already a gesture mode in the remote control (press menu).

I solved #1, complex and shitty solution but it worked :/ (it ends up involving auto login to the computer, then RDP to 127.0.0.2 loopback with an RDP hack and a long batch file)
Long story short, I can RDP into my XBMC machine without disturbing XBMC.

Otherwise, thanks for response Smile
I just don't see XBMC remote supporting these kind of OS-specific things. I could, however, imagine some kind of 3rd party "add-on" system for the remote. I have no idea about how to approach that but I'm sure there would be a way. Not on top of the priority list though.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
I really dislike having to continue to use smart playlists to refine my library of movies. I have 1100 to go through and sometimes it can be difficult.
Not only do I recommend my above changes to be considered, what about a classic "wizard" system to find a movie?

Page 1 asks rating range (IMDB)
Page 2 asks genre (tickable multiple possible)
Page 3 asks year range
etc
etc
Each subsequent page shows you "1001 match this filter" -> "600 match this filter" -> "212 match this filter"
No?
Anyone?

P.S there's a bug in the filter regarding movie duration, posting about it now.
EDIT, ooops posted this in the wrong thread I had running, sorry - ignore that big post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature requests (3) - all of them amazingly good!0