How to skip music tracks from main/home menu
Using my remote control I can press pause and play and stop successfully when i'm in the home menu.

My problem is that the next and previous buttons don't work (they DO work when im in the 'now playing' screen).

Is there anyway I can use my remote to get the next and previous buttons to work from the home menu?
check in your remote keymap - i think youve probably got those codes just under the music section rather than in the global section
ASRock 330HT, XBMC Eden

(2012-04-05, 16:17)smithr99 Wrote: check in your remote keymap - i think youve probably got those codes just under the music section rather than in the global section

Thanks for taking the time to post. Having a look in the keyboard.xml file got me thinking and I've managed to get it working.

My remote (Harmony One) allows you to choose what buttons are sent to windows when you press each remote control button. So I set my 'skip' and 'skip back' buttons on my remote so that they sent the correct messages to windows (and therefore xbmc). comma and fullstop were the buttons i got my remote to send (since that is what xbmc is setup to respond to), and it works now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to skip music tracks from main/home menu0