NFS issues: Mac NFS Server, Windows Client
Background:
So I'd like to use NFS to connect my XBMC instance (running on Windows 7 Ultimate) to my Mac (running OS X Lion) which hosts all my files. Using SMBUp I was able to get Samba working, but I get some periodic buffering on the 720p videos despite being hardwired so I wanted to try out NFS to see if the performance is any better.

Issue:
Other Macs in my house can see and use the NFS share just fine. I can even mount the NFS share on the Windows 7 machine using the NFS Client provided by Microsoft that you can optionally install for Windows 7 Ultimate, but trying to use the NFS path directly in XBMC 11 just doesn't work for me. It is never able to find the path, and in the log it says that the "rpc packet not accepted by the server".

I thought about using the native Windows NFS client and just leave the drive mounted, but it seems a little flaky when reconnecting after standby. I'm hoping to get the direct NFS working in XBMC... that is if anyone has some tips to get me rolling in the right direction. Smile
read the nfs wiki link in my signature ... i guess its the missing -N option in the plist...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for responding so quick - unfortunately I've gone through the wiki page like a dozen times, and the -N is in the plist file. I'm guessing it wouldn't be able to connect at all on the Windows machine if that was the case, but I am able to mount it as a drive in Windows. That's why I find it so suspicious that XBMC isn't working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS issues: Mac NFS Server, Windows Client0