VIDEO_TS folder can't be played over NFS on Library view
Background
I'm using Hanewin NFS on a Windows 7 64 bits machine. It exposes a C:\media folder with all permissions granted for everyone.
I am using two different Windows Clients (the same server machine and a laptop) running XBMC 11 (Eden) and 1 Openelec HTPC running a pre-eden nightly build.
I have all the movies and music shared through SMB and they can be accessed without any problem. However as I stream all the content from the Server to the Clients, I wanted to access the files through NFS. I added a new source to list the files through NFS and they have been scrapped successfully.

Issue
When I try to play a movie that is on VIDEO_TS folder, it can't. I have tried in my both Win7 Clients. The rest of the movies can be played perfectly but the ones under a VIDEO_TS can't.
This is the error I get when I try to play those files:
Quote:13:55:02 T:2444 DEBUG: CFileNFS::Open - opened c/media/video/movies/Aniceto
13:55:02 T:2444 ERROR: XFILE::CFileNFS::Read - Error( -14, pread call failed with "
" )
13:55:02 T:2444 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:55:02 T:2444 DEBUG: libdvdread: DVDISOVolumeInfo, failed to read ISO9660 Primary Volume Descriptor!
13:55:02 T:2444 INFO: msg: libdvdnav: vm: DVD Title:
13:55:02 T:2444 INFO: msg: libdvdnav: Unable to find map file 'RIVE=C:/.dvdnav/.map'
13:55:02 T:2444 ERROR: XFILE::CFileNFS::Read - Error( -14, pread call failed with "
" )
13:55:02 T:2444 INFO: msg: libdvdnavBig GrinVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
" )
13:55:02 T:2444 INFO: msg: libdvdnavBig GrinVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
13:55:02 T:2444 DEBUG: libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
13:55:02 T:2444 DEBUG: libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
13:55:02 T:2444 DEBUG: CFileNFS::Close closing file c/media/video/movies/Aniceto
13:55:02 T:2444 ERROR: Error on dvdnav_open

You can find the entire (debug logging level enabled) message at http://pastebin.com/8Ku5Wufn.

Update:
I've just verified that this problem only happens from the Library view. If a right click on the Files view and select "Play", it can be played.
I've also tested it on the openelec device and it works as expected.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance.
I've got the same problem. And noticed the same as you did, that using files view it works fine but not in library mode (video_ts).
.iso files works fine from within the library mode.

XBMC Eden Final
Windows7 (32bits)
MQ3 skin

If more logging needed I can supply it.

The debug log from the initial post is not accessable anymore. So a new log would be fine.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
There's a . behind the link...

http://pastebin.com/8Ku5Wufn

thx haha - well the log is incomplete...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello,

I know this is an old post, but I was experiencing nearly the same issue and I found a solution I thought I'd share.

I recently switched to NFS, as my files are hosted on a Mac server on which I just upgraded to Mavericks. As is well known, Mavericks doesn't support SMB1 without help of third party software.

I noticed NFS works pretty well, but most of my folders with VIDEO_TS would return the error "no video files found in this path". I searched a long time online, but then found, almost my accident, that it was a permissions issue. The folders it couldn't access had "No Access" for the "Everyone" group in 'Sharing & Permissions'. (Again, this is in OS X, but I'm sure there's equivalent permissions in Windows.) Once I changed the "no access" to "read only", NFS works great for all my VIDEO_TS folders/files!
What version are you using? There was known issues with 12.3 for example.

Gotham RC1 should be OK. Grab from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VIDEO_TS folder can't be played over NFS on Library view0