Library - music rescan
So all my music has been scanned one time for entry into the library. I have a very large collection.

1) How do we, and should we rescan the collection to identify songs a second, and third time? Not everything was picked up, as I had to interupt the scan, to shut down XBMC.

2) And what is the best database source (CD covers thumbnails, and fan art, etc.) to use for scanning? Is the metadata source as set initially the best? or should I switch to lastFM as a data source?

3) Installed the Library watchdog plugin, and hope it is rescanning and and reviewing everything. But not sure.

Any advice is approeciated. have been using XBMC for about five years, but this is the first time I actually activated scanning of my media.
You can rescan your library again, it won't cause any issues. Make sure you are using Universal Artist/Album scraper as your default scraper. Remember, you NEED to have proper tags in your files or else the scraper cant help you. Use an external program like MP3Tag to get decent tags.
1) Thanks will switch to UNIVERSAL ARTIST/ALBUM scraper. good suggestion
2) Yes, have all my songs tagged with ID3 tags embedded. Of course this is a good suggestion for those who do not inherently do that. have been doing that for a long time, and it bares repeating for those who do not know. Think I used MP3tag at one time.

read yesterday that there are two ways to rescan a library, but only know of the one where if you left click on yoour SOURCE you can select to scan it. That is the way I do it.

You can "Update" your library (which will find any new albums that you have added to your "source", since the last update. Or in your case, find the remaining albums that didn't get scraped when you terminated the scan early). Just move into your library (Music->Artists for example), bring up the context menu ("c" button on your keboard) and select "Update Library".
Okay I understand UPDATE LIBRARY now.

1) But if I change from LASTFM to UNIVERSAL for my new scraper, will using the UPDATE LIBRARY function allow me to scan my library with the new scraper?

2) If not, do I somehow reset my library, and do I loose all the fan art that I gathered from LASTFM scraper? When I do a rescan with the new UNIVERSAL scraper?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library - music rescan0