Local 'Scraping'
Where is the "local information only" setting?

If i disable downloading in artwork downloader then no image shows up...
(2013-11-18, 13:51)Memphiz Wrote: get proper nfo files in place next to your movies along with thumbnail and fanart and use "local information only" - this will then only use the local found stuff. I do this all the time.

Ok found option in gotham build 2/12/2013
but when I scrape my movies with "local information only" scraper the thumbs of the actors continue
not to be present. (the name, plot ecc, working as usual)
my nfo does not contain any url for downloading the images of the actors with same nfo and with xbmc eden they are displayed correctly.
Then just use the scraper you want the actor thumbs from. XBMC will take all local data (nfo, fanart, thumb) and then pulls the actor thumbs from the internet and caches it into its thumbnail cache. Is this an option for your use case?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-12-05, 23:02)Memphiz Wrote: Then just use the scraper you want the actor thumbs from. XBMC will take all local data (nfo, fanart, thumb) and then pulls the actor thumbs from the internet and caches it into its thumbnail cache. Is this an option for your use case?

sorry but I do not speak English well and I did not understand what you mean.
I try to give you an example.
my nfo is so
movie>
      <title> Cippalippa </ title>
      <originaltitle> Cippalippa </ originaltitle>
      <sorttitle> </ sorttitle>
      <set> </ set>
      <rating> </ rating>
      <year> 2006 </ year>
      <top250> </ top250>
      <plot> 'o sole mio </ plot>
      <tagline> </ tagline>
      <runtime> 3 hrs. 26 mins. </ Runtime>
      <mpaa> XXX </ MPAA>
      <country> </ country>
      <studio> Jules Jordan Video </ studio>
      <playcount> </ playcount>
      <watched> false </ watched>
      <id> tt </ id>
      <genre> Gonzo </ genre>
      <credits> </ credits>
      <director> Jules Jordan </ director>
      <actor>
          <name> Nautica Thorn </ name>
          <role> </ role>
      </ actor>
      <actor>
          <name> Jasmine Byrne </ name>
          <role> </ role>
</ movie>
it's generated with extrememoviemanager (very cool)
This program creates nfo and creates a actor folder
inside this folder there is
nautica_thorn.tbn
jasmine_byrne.tbn
ok
the question is:
why I see the actor thumb only with Eden.
What has changed in the code of Frodo and Gotham ?
Can I have this function in the new versions?
I spent a lot of time for popular actor thumb my database (over 3000 film) and I will not give to new versions of xbmc.
thanks for reply
find the trick
with new version of xbmc (tested with frodo and gotham)
the actor thumb in the folder .actor
must have extension .jpg
in my case
nautica_thorn.jpg
jasmine_byrne.jpg

remains to know if it's a choice of the programmer or a bug in the code in the new versions of xbmc
.tbn is the old extension from Eden.
There's probably (or should be) an option in your "extrememoviemanager" to save thumbs in .jpg/.png
(2014-01-08, 21:12)Koying Wrote: .tbn is the old extension from Eden.
There's probably (or should be) an option in your "extrememoviemanager" to save thumbs in .jpg/.png

unfortunately extrememovie manager does not directly support the export of the thumb of the actors. Is there a third-party plugin but has no settings for the thumb of the actors .. But it is not a problem to change the extension to all files .. There are programs that do it in batch mode. (Rename-It for example)
In the faq
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Frodo_FAQ # Local_images
they forgot to say that the .tbn was abandoned.Wink
According to the code, .tbn will still work fine for actor thumbs. Nonetheless, .jpg and .png are preferred.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-01-08, 23:05)jmarshall Wrote: According to the code, .tbn will still work fine for actor thumbs. Nonetheless, .jpg and .png are preferred.
okay but when I do a update from eden to frodo
why xbmc asks me to update the library because there are changes?
In fact, if I accept this update of library (without updates from the internet because the .nfo is present)
all the thumb of actor works.Big Grin
with export library, (in separate file) frodo will be written all thumb.jpg in folder .actor!
in this way do not have to rename actor thumb (tbn to jpg) with external progsBig Grin
So what exactly does the setting "local information only-pseudo scraper " do?
I have all my movie and tv shows on hard drives, I use "tiny media manager" to manage artwork,nfo's, naming  etc.
when scanning a movies folder for example into the library, if I  choose  " local info " , instead of TMDB, none of the content is installed into the library, the files and posters contained in each movie folder are added to kodi so i can access them from the folder inside  "videos-add videos - *** folder of movies on hd. But until I rescan using TMDB or an alternative network scraper , the library is empty ?
So does kodi ever actually try and use my " local  info", when scraping artwork etc ?
I , "mistakenly it seems" thought that storing everything locally would make it easier and faster for kodi to populate my library ?
@ontap

(2019-06-19, 21:45)ontap Wrote: So what exactly does the setting "local information only-pseudo scraper " do?
Its exact reason for being an option I cannot answer. In early days there may have been a valid reason to have the option, but it can cause users problems if not used correctly.

(2019-06-19, 21:45)ontap Wrote: if I  choose  " local info " , instead of TMDB, none of the content is installed into the library, the files and posters contained in each movie folder are added to kodi so i can access them from the folder inside  "videos-add videos - *** folder of movies on hd. But until I rescan using TMDB or an alternative network scraper , the library is empty ?
If you have all local artwork and nfo files, then it should scan. I know tv shows can be problematic when using Local Info setting, but Movies should still work. I would need the following to try and discover the problem...
1. Screenshot clearly showing the contents of your folder
2. NFO file posted to Kodi Paste Site
3. Debug Log which captures you trying to scrape the movie into the library while using Local Info.

(2019-06-19, 21:45)ontap Wrote: So does kodi ever actually try and use my " local  info", when scraping artwork etc ?
Always. The default for everything is Local. When Local is not found, then online lookups are performed.

(2019-06-19, 21:45)ontap Wrote: storing everything locally would make it easier and faster for kodi to populate my library ?
Definitely. I can verify that with the number of times I have recreated my library on various test builds.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for replying , regarding your answer to the question does kodi ever use local files , how would one ever know whether kodi was using local and not network scraped artwork ?
I cant do debug logs so thats out am afraid. Have numerous folders on a number of drives but will post a couple of pics of one of the movie folders.
NFO file?, would you want a random nfo file from one of the movie folders inside the actual parent folder ?
(2019-06-20, 00:38)ontap Wrote: how would one ever know whether kodi was using local and not network scraped artwork ?
There is no onscreen feedback where the information is coming from. Most people don't care. But if all is saved correctly, local will be used.

Some give-aways if you want to check...
1. Depending on the skin you are using, watch the progress bar or title being processed, if it pauses at a particular title, then an online lookup is being performed
2. Check Debug Log to see where the information came from. If it is local, then a line like "Full nfo file found" is logged, then moves onto the next title. If online scrape, then dozens of processing lines are logged.

(2019-06-20, 00:38)ontap Wrote: I cant do debug logs so thats out am afraid.
Why? The assistance won't get very far at all without it. It is our main diagnostic information.

(2019-06-20, 00:38)ontap Wrote: would you want a random nfo file from one of the movie folders inside the actual parent folder ?
An nfo file from one of the movies that causes this problem you stated...
(2019-06-19, 21:45)ontap Wrote: if I  choose  " local info " , instead of TMDB, none of the content is installed into the library,
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
kodi paste site, looking in wiki I cant see a user guide, can i just drag and drop an nfo file into it ? then copy the contents of the address bar.
https://paste.kodi.tv/igecuvidap.kodi
(2019-06-20, 07:23)ontap Wrote: can i just drag and drop an nfo file into it
Open the NFO File, copy the contents, then paste into Kodi Paste Site
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local 'Scraping'0