Kodi very slow to access directory with archived files
I'm posting this under the linux section because that's what I'm using now, but I had the same problem before when running xbmc on an original xbox. When I try to access a directory that has a group of zip files kodi/xbmc freezes up for a very long time, sometimes 10 mins or more. I was surprised not to find others mentioning this. Is there some setting I can change to speed things up? Thanks for any help.
The Pi builds add a settings option to disable archives as this is a real problem on a slow processor like the Pi 1.
You can also get out-of-memory crashes when the archives have many files in.

But it's not perfect. Subtitles in rar files are quite common and this setting stops them working.
You get into a mess if you scan your library with archives enabled (and have movies in archives) and then disable archives.

Best option is to keep archives well away from any directories that kodi may browse.
(2016-02-15, 23:13)popcornmix Wrote: The Pi builds add a settings option to disable archives as this is a real problem on a slow processor like the Pi 1.
You can also get out-of-memory crashes when the archives have many files in.

But it's not perfect. Subtitles in rar files are quite common and this setting stops them working.
You get into a mess if you scan your library with archives enabled (and have movies in archives) and then disable archives.

Best option is to keep archives well away from any directories that kodi may browse.

Or the alternative is to uncompress the archives before adding them to the Kodi library. I found this on my RaspberryPi as well. The CPU is too slow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi very slow to access directory with archived files0