After installed XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip..now what to install
Ok, just install XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip — HDAudio + Eden 11.0 final. Now what? what other High Definition Audio Codecs or other that i need to install (for hd audio or dts 7.1 etc..). Do i also need to install AudioEngine + Eden Rc2 - fixes per thread? Please advise. Any recommended skins or other programs. thanks
You don't need to install any other versions. Any skins, addons, etc install from within XBMC - System>Settings>Addons>Get New
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-04-06, 01:03)DDDamian Wrote: You don't need to install any other versions. Any skins, addons, etc install from within XBMC - System>Settings>Addons>Get New
great thanks. just curious what is Audio Engine + Eden Rc2? Any any guide for correct settings video/audio playback to home theater settings (7.1 speakers setup with 1080p tv). thanks Mac

Audio Engine (wiki) is the name for the replacement "guts" in XBMC that handles various audio stuff. In addition to supporting HD audio, it also handles audio better and is a great improvement for XBMC. Audio Engine was going to be put in place for v11, but got pushed back due to delays. However, for many people the code is usable (as in, no major bugs, won't crash, etc) for daily use, and so the version you installed has that new Audio Engine in place, while normal XBMC v11 has the old audio components.

RC2 is just the name for a test version of XBMC v11 (Eden), where RC stands for Release Candidate. XBMC v11 final is the final version (of course).

more or less.
@wildzx-

After you downloaded XBMC HDaudio, you don't need to download anything else. Here is what I did (if you are using Intel GPU, it is best to disable DXVA2 and Adjust display refresh rate to match video)-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
cheers bluray downloaded and installed working like a charm..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After installed XBMC-Eden11.0 HD-audio.zip..now what to install1