XBMCbuntu on Revo 3610 - low res
Hi all

I'm seeking help. I've set up XBMCbuntu on a USB stick. I'd tested it on my laptop first and it seemed fine.

Plugged it into my Acer Revo 3610 and during bootup it gave a message MCU Request failed - No response from hardware'' but still went ahead and booted up. However, the highest resolution it will display XBMC at is 720x480 when the machine is capable of full 1920x1080.

Do I need to manually add drivers for my graphics chip? And if so, how? Be gentle, my Linux knowledge is on a par with that of George Osbourne's of Economics.

Thanks for any advice offered.
(2012-03-29, 14:34)mikeplow1961 Wrote: Do I need to manually add drivers for my graphics chip? And if so, how? Be gentle, my Linux knowledge is on a par with that of George Osbourne's of Economics.

If your knowledge of Linux was that bad, you wouldn't even know it was called Linux. Wink Seriously though, I'd love to help and am trying to get some time to do exactly the same thing with my Revo 3610 but haven't yet been able to.
(2012-03-29, 16:22)GeorgeStark Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 14:34)mikeplow1961 Wrote: Do I need to manually add drivers for my graphics chip? And if so, how? Be gentle, my Linux knowledge is on a par with that of George Osbourne's of Economics.

If your knowledge of Linux was that bad, you wouldn't even know it was called Linux. Wink Seriously though, I'd love to help and am trying to get some time to do exactly the same thing with my Revo 3610 but haven't yet been able to.

I've been using the windows Eden quite happily but my 3610 won't sleep or suspend properly, it rewakes after a second or so so I thought I'd try the XBMCBuntu version on a USB and see if that would be better but I get the MCU Request failed - No response from hardware error then it boots into a 720x480 mode. I'm just hoping someone knolwedgeable reads this post and replies.
I'm getting the same issue, am trying to install but all I ever see is the mouse cursor over a black background. Anyone get this figured out?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu on Revo 3610 - low res0