Advice needed on best possible integrated setup with ATV2/uTorrent etc...
getting my ATV2 tomorrow so I'll greatly appreciate your help concerning a few issues on how to make the best possible setup integrating ATV2 and XBMC. Have tried to reaserch all this on web quite extensively, but have now come to the point where I could really benefit from some insight from people who are really proficient with Media Centers and push the barriers in this area of computing. Am rather proficient with computers but when it comes to enjoying content from the net I've stuck to my laptop screen or sometimes a cabled HDMI solution for the living room flat-screen - wanna change that now and might as well do it in an optimal manner. My main source of content video and music wise will probably be Utorrent, but I'd also want to use some add-ons as well as web-based services for content (and of-course add-ons in generral).

I'll outline my specific questions below, but should add here that one of my main goals is to make it as fully automated as possibly, e.g dl bittorrent tv files on a scheduled (or as soon as new episodes come out) basis using RSS feeds or something like the Torrent Episode Downloader, renaming the dl files automatically so they can link up to the scrapers and get the metadata for info, cover art, trailers when possible, as well as subtitles. I've come across one article covering a lot of this ground ( http://lifehacker.com/5475649/set-up-a-f...dia-center ).

My Hardware: a PC based home network, a NAS for my media, ATV 2, iPhone 4 and Ipad 2.

MY QUESTIONS:

1) Assuming I'm fine with a tethered jailbreak, do you reckon it is best to go with the iOS 5.1 and the Eden version of XBMC, or would it better to wait for now and stick with a 4.x iOSHuh

2) As to the automation do you consider the method employed in the article I mentioned above ( http://lifehacker.com/5475649/set-up-a-f...dia-center ) a feasible and durable solution - or do you see better and smarter ways to about this? It being to years old I guess a lot could have changed as to what sofware would serve this purpose best.

3) As there are several web-based services I enjoy where the content aren't readily available elsewhere (i.e. not available on bittorent or newsgroups and the like), could you recomend a good browser solution for ATV2 - both for streaming a/v content as well as "ordinary" web-browsing? Is ATV Flash any good when it comes to this or are there free solutions equally good for this purpose

4) Is it possible to run uTorrent from ATV2 (e.g. as a remote client)?

5) What solution do you find the best for enjoying your XBMC library away from home on an iPad/iPhone or laptop?

6) Any good and worthwile suggestions on using iPad or iPhone as a remote-control for XBMC (i.e. where you'd really benefit from a cool remote-control UI

7) Any inside knowledge on the development of a PVR/DVRHuh

again, would greatly appreciate any help here...

yours, adam

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice needed on best possible integrated setup with ATV2/uTorrent etc...0