black screen after every reboot
Hi,
I installed Neon skin on my Apple Tv 2. I disable a lot of things that I don't use like Guide TV, Image, ..... I disable clock & weather.

It works well but I've got a black screen after every reboot. If I want to launch xbmc, I must delete guisetting.xml.

I tried with confluence and I don't have any black screen after a reboot.
  • Apple TV2 : 4.2.2
  • xbmc 11.0
  • Neon SVN 1332264824

thx
I tried :
  • Confluence
  • Circus Mod Light
  • Simplicity
and I don't have any black screen after a reboot.
its due to the intro movie addon not being enabled in neon in the settings menu

. you need to install the intro movie addon and then go into settings and chose video playback for intro.

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
ok thanks for your reply.
did you fix it?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Yes I did.
Thx you are the man !!
I have this problem too and find it annoying.

I know how to get around it, but why do I have to enable the intro movie addon? Cant I just disable it altogether? I dont want to have an into movie, and just want the program to start like it always had without anything extra.
(2012-04-06, 11:16)Steve_ Wrote: Hi,
I installed Neon skin on my Apple Tv 2. I disable a lot of things that I don't use like Guide TV, Image, ..... I disable clock & weather.

It works well but I've got a black screen after every reboot. If I want to launch xbmc, I must delete guisetting.xml.

I tried with confluence and I don't have any black screen after a reboot.
  • Apple TV2 : 4.2.2
  • xbmc 11.0
  • Neon SVN 1332264824

thx

Im not sure if this would work on Apple TV, but on a PC (Windows or Linux) all you have to do is hit ESCAPE on the keyboard to get the black screen to go away. There is no need to delete the guisetting.xml file.

On the Apple TV, we don't have an ESCAPE key ^^

If you don't want to have an intro movie, you can simply change the "Startup Window".
Like Startup window, I chose Setting and I don't have any black screen Wink
(2012-04-12, 12:25)Steve_ Wrote: On the Apple TV, we don't have an ESCAPE key ^^

If you don't want to have an intro movie, you can simply change the "Startup Window".
Like Startup window, I chose Setting and I don't have any black screen Wink

Menu button has always worked for me to escape out of that black screen. But i'll definitely be trying that addon instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
black screen after every reboot2