• 7(current)
Improved UPnP serving and client
I also have a SonyTV with DLNA - will test. Will also grab my rPI and check out UPNP on his AV and LG-TV.
I tired a Oct 17th nightly and the XBMC UPnP server will not show up in my list of servers on my Sony HX800. I did a diagnostic on the TV and it says unsuccessful, Compatible files could not be found.
@kircker can you try with an eden build?
Did some testing with my Panasonic TV (ST50, 2012) and only encountered some very minor issues:

1) Quotation marks in titles being shown as \". The same titles show correctly on my Nexus 7 so I'm guessing it's a problem at the TVs end, not that it's encoded improperly by XBMC.
2) The XBMC icon isn't shown in the list of servers. The icon correctly shows up on the Nexus 7 so I would have assumed that it's the TVs fault if it weren't for the fact that some other servers icons show up correctly.
3) Files with the .mk3d file extension don't play. I don't know if this is caused by the TV not recognizing the file extension, or if XBMC doesn't provide the proper mime type (.mk3d is just an alternative file extension for ordinary matroska (.mkv) files with 3D content)

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10927
Steps performed in log: Trying to play a .mk3d file, followed by navigating to a music artist with a quotation mark in the name.

So far I haven't encountered any issues at all on the Nexus 7.
Sony Bravia TV didn't detect XBMC at all (same as before the platinum update), but it showed any other upnp server I had at hand (NAS, smartphone).
@sialivi: If it's a music artist, make sure that it's been scanned in after the utf8 fixes in taglib - if it's not proper utf8, it may still display correctly in some locales but not others potentially?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-10-18, 23:06)jmarshall Wrote: @sialivi: If it's a music artist, make sure that it's been scanned in after the utf8 fixes in taglib - if it's not proper utf8, it may still display correctly in some locales but not others potentially?

It was scanned after, I nuked the whole library and re-scanned after the fix.
(2012-10-18, 21:54)sialivi Wrote: 2) The XBMC icon isn't shown in the list of servers. The icon correctly shows up on the Nexus 7 so I would have assumed that it's the TVs fault if it weren't for the fact that some other servers icons show up correctly.
3) Files with the .mk3d file extension don't play. I don't know if this is caused by the TV not recognizing the file extension, or if XBMC doesn't provide the proper mime type (.mk3d is just an alternative file extension for ordinary matroska (.mkv) files with 3D content)

I think some devices aren't keen on 32bit PNGs, so have flattened the icons and pushed a fix. Let me know if they finally work.

I don't know what's happening with the mk3d files. Elupus pushed a fix for that a few weeks ago, but clearly your TV isn't happy yet.

(2012-10-19, 11:13)alcoheca Wrote: I think some devices aren't keen on 32bit PNGs, so have flattened the icons and pushed a fix. Let me know if they finally work.

Tested the fix and the icon now display correctly on the TV and still works on the Nexus, cheers

(2012-10-19, 11:13)alcoheca Wrote: I don't know what's happening with the mk3d files. Elupus pushed a fix for that a few weeks ago, but clearly your TV isn't happy yet.

You don't happen to know which commit that was?

alcoheca - any Idea why XBMC won't show up on Sony Bravia TVs as UPNP source? Is there anything I can provide for debugging? Not sure if a XBMC log will help as TV is not showing XBMC at all.
[Client Freezing]
Just played around with another piece of UPnP client software for android called Skifta and encountered an issue. While browsing the XBMC library, the UPnP client would freeze after a while. I could repeat it multiple times. Often the freeze would happen when navigating back to the XBMC root where you only see the "Music" and "Videos" nodes.

I have no idea if this is a bug in the client or in XBMC.

Here's the log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11028

Edit: By "freeze" I mean the client would get stuck with a "retrieving media" message and a spinning activity indicator, but it would never complete.
Hi,

Tried the 20121020-a6c2d72 Windows build on an iPad running MLPlayer light. A couple of observations:

1) if a movie is a part of added to XBMC and is a part of a set, the the whole set (folder) shows up in recently added. Not sure if that's intended behaviour or not.

2) I don't think the sorting code is merged in yet right? "A" "an" the" etc are still taken into account

3). Going into 'video' then 'files' lists all files, not just video files (so my .nfo, -fanart.jpg, etc). Is this intended behaviour? Seems a little strange/off in UPnP given the branch we're in....

Gotta say the UPnP is already MILES better than before!

Will try with other clients when I have a moment.
[Sorting]
As I mentioned in a previous post, when browsing Music by Genre on my Pioneer AVR the listing isn't sorted.

I now noticed that browsing TV shows by Title on my Panasonic TV or the Nexus 7 isn't sorted either. Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11099

If this is caused by the devices not requesting a sort order, would it be possible to default to sorting by sorttitle? I don't really see a UPnP scenario where an unsorted list would be more useful than a sorted one.

Edit: Hmm, maybe they are sorted after all, but by date which doesn't seem very useful.
Exclamation 
[Crash]
I've discovered a way to crash XBMC with my Panasonic TV.

Steps:
1) "Videos"
2) "TV Shows"
3) "Actors"
4) Press Up to wrap around to the end of the list... CRASH!

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11100

Crashes every time. I tried to do the same on the Nexus 7, but there's no wrap around on that device so I couldn't re-create it there. I also tried to re-create it on the Pioneer AVR, but so far it doesn't cause the same crash.

Here's a log of successfully performing the same steps listed above but using the Pioneer AVR, -not- causing a crash: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11190
(2012-10-21, 15:50)sialivi Wrote: [Crash]
I've discovered a way to crash XBMC with my Panasonic TV.

Steps:
1) "Videos"
2) "TV Shows"
3) "Actors"
4) Press Up to wrap around to the end of the list... CRASH!

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11100

Crashes every time. I tried to do the same on the Nexus 7, but there's no wrap around on that device so I couldn't re-create it there. I also tried to re-create it on the Pioneer AVR, but so far it doesn't cause the same crash.

Here's a log of successfully performing the same steps listed above but using the Pioneer AVR, -not- causing a crash: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11190

When xbmc crashes on windows a .dmp file should be created in the same location as the log file. If you post that somewhere, I can ask a windows dev to take a look at it.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Improved UPnP serving and client0