Attempt to revive and old SFF PC [Images Included]
It has been a lot of time since I last updated this thread....but I have made progrees...
Without stalling here it goes:

1. I cut out the part that was blocking the motherboard from the back of the case....

2. Opened the old PSU and kept only the part where the fan was...It will be used in the future

3. Managed to find a PicoPSU in German e-bay so the team is ready for assembling

4. View from above...So far using the stock cooler and the noise is pretty low (for my ears)

5. Everything in the case....I am using an old power switch in order to power on the system until I connect the power switch of the case. I also used the drive cage that the box had in order to connect a SATA disk.

6. A view from the back....the I/O Shield did not fit as expected so I have to cut ia bit. If I do not use it. Do you think I will have issues (except the dust part)

In the following post, the story of the power switch and next (remaining steps)
Now lets see what happens with the power switch

1. I removed the front of the case and saw this:

The switch is custom made. On the same chip you do have the power button, the power led and the HDD led

....and a closer look

I found from an old PC a custom set that contains Power button, reset button, power led and HDD led. So far I use this to power my system.
A friend is visiting in the following days and we are going to take the cables out and connect them to the original switch...hopefully we are going to be fine.

Next steps in order to coplete:
Put the I/O Shield in the back
Fix the power switch
Select the appropriate OS and Skin for XBMC....So far I have installed Windows 7 only because I did not have time to do a proper research for OPENElec and XBMCBuntu....

More updates in the following days
ok. Upgrade for Aopen XC Cube

Let's see what we can do...

I had one of those! Beautiful glossy case. Unfortunately, something on the motherboard burned out and, being nonstandard, I couldn't replace it.
(2013-09-03, 04:16)artrafael Wrote: I had one of those! Beautiful glossy case. Unfortunately, something on the motherboard burned out and, being nonstandard, I couldn't replace it.

Yes, they have a Aopen Barebone's very beautiful proportions. And the front panel in bright acrylic is very well designed.

The format of the motherboard is resident and very specific. Let's see if we can get a little something in a position to replace without giving giving annoyances...

If possible
one that gives to play if needed!

I'm investigating ...
Regardez!

http://www.audiopt.net/t13653p30-pc-aope...ade#153581

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attempt to revive and old SFF PC [Images Included]1