• 48(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
Thanks guy's. Gonna try without the fan. And if i need a fan might get the noctua one or SilenX EFX-08-15 80mm Case Fan but not sure out of these two which one is better even tho i don't like the colour of the noctua. If everything works great without the fan then i might upgrade my cpu cooler to the one beer has since i wont be using the bracket at all. Gonna get the picoPSU-1200-WI-25 and use the brick i all ready have
I just took out the fan bracket and broke a little bit off where it connects to the fan speed inside the case nothing big. Fan speed is now around rpm 1173 to 1204 some time goes a little bit up and the temp is around the same. can't test it with a game or other software since once i hit start to play the game it crashes goes to a black screen same with prime 95. I must say it's very quite then before it was like a plane lol. Tested with the case on and bracket inside as well. The computer crashes when it hits around 60w to 80w tested it with a power meter.
MrKay

What is up with you and brake king things? LOL Smile

Yes the Shuriken 1100 should be fine..... but I am now a big fan of the BIG 2100 since it keeps things ice cold and low noise hence 600-800 RPM ....
(even I can get htis on my 1100)

The thing that I noticed why I love the BIG 2100 more.... the RPM stay low even with PRIME and it stays about 45C and the RPM's about 720.... it keeps it cold....

The 1100 needs a little more help.....

But both are good....

Ok anyways......

1173 to 1204
RPM with you..... this not with PRIME right? just idle or normal?

You have again what set? 50/122 Level ?

I told you there was no need for the bracket with the 80MM fan.... take out and there is more airflow.....

I have on my Shuriken 1100

50/122 Level 1 -- and I am getting 600-800 RPM and temps are nice..... right now its 70 F in my room but when it hits 80F the RPM's go to 720 and a steady 36C on the cores....
Yes my lian li case is a little bigger..... but remember I only have one 80MM going on it in the back nothing else.....

Wow beer how do u get 600 to 800 RPM on a Shuriken 1100 my level is set to 50/122 Level 1 cpu fan speed and it's on normal just inside windows screen doing nothing. I cant use prime 95 since it crashes straight away when i hit run
Well you should be the same as me.... since you have an APU

I am using a Phenom 4 on this .......

Maybe it could be the power supply?
Maybe since the ISK-300 is smaller and you have it closed up that is why you get them RPM's

Have you tried with the CASE opened? see what RPM's you get?

Then yes BIG shuriken works miracles.....
Yeah with the case open it's the same beer. Or do u think i have got a faulty cpu cooler
(2012-05-13, 11:33)jack0w Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 07:57)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 03:50)MrKay Wrote: I just found out what was making all this sound and it was the 80mm antec fan and not the cpu cooler at all. Any one hear no any good 80mm silent fan that hardy makes any sound
SilenX EFX-08-12 80mm Case Fan, SilenX EFX-08-15 80mm Case Fan, Noctua NF-R8-1800 80mm Case Fan.....

I can vouch for the Noctua, though as beer said case fan may not be needed.

I'm planning to try taking my fan cage out when I get a chance!
After you take the cage out and it is still running hot and noisy, install a couple Noctua's will help reduce heat and noise......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
It's still the same temp but the sound has gone down to very quite. But you can still hear the sound tho
I have been having this problem since day one. I have connected the htpc with a hdmi cable to my 23in sony lcd tv. When i power on the htpc. it first flashes on the top right conner 1024x760 / 60 then it flashes again. Then windows logo come up saying starting windows. Then it goes black again and has flashing 1360x768 / 60 then after few seconds the window login screen comes. Is this normal is any one else having this problem. I went to device manger and under monitors it say's generic pnp monitor then i went to display,screen resolution and next to display it say's sony tv and on resolution it say's 1360 x 768 am i doing anything wrong
Here are the temps on my Lian Li in a 80F room..... it can stay like this to 95F
With the Shuriken 100MM 1100 Cooler

I just don't know why my cpu fan speed is so high after seeing your screen shot. In my bios in advanced\CPU Configuration

Core C6 Mode - Enabled
Cstate Pmin Mode - Disabled
Cool 'n' Quiet - Enabled
SVM - Enabled
CPU Thermal Throttle - Auto

CPU Fan 1 & 2 Setting - Automatic mode
Target CPU Temperature 50/122
Target Fan Speed Level 1

Is that the same as your's beer. So far my bootup time is 27 seconds to login in screen and after loged in it's 33 seconds haven't done the eskro optimize ssd yet will do that after my new picopsu comes and hopefully works
(2012-05-13, 23:49)MrKay Wrote: I just don't know why my cpu fan speed is so high after seeing your screen shot. In my bios in advanced\CPU Configuration

Core C6 Mode - Enabled
Cstate Pmin Mode - Disabled
Cool 'n' Quiet - Enabled
SVM - Enabled
CPU Thermal Throttle - Auto

CPU Fan 1 & 2 Setting - Automatic mode
Target CPU Temperature 50/122
Target Fan Speed Level 1

Is that the same as your's beer. So far my bootup time is 27 seconds to login in screen and after loged in it's 33 seconds haven't done the eskro optimize ssd yet will do that after my new picopsu comes and hopefully works

Yes now its hard to say.... many different components you have also. They all vary. The SSD optimization won't change your boot times.... it helps the SSD live longer.
Well if you had a Big Shuriken it may not be the same as mine because you are using an A8.....

You had to test.... ok bye.
Ok thanks beer
(2012-05-14, 00:25)MrKay Wrote: Ok thanks beer
Throw a couple Silenx or Noctua fans in there......it'll help.......and it is among the lowest dBA too....when the temp stay low, the RPM will stay low too which mean low noise.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
He don't need to he has the same temps as when he had the CAGE......
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10