• 73(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
I use the E-I7 case with a pretty similar build to the specs here and it works great. To be honest, the pictures don't do it enough justice and it looks and feels a lot better in person.
(2013-02-21, 16:09)magic_phil Wrote: Right after much deliberating ive decided to build one of these bad boys!
But im afraid Ive fallen at the first hurdle I cant buy the 300-65 case anywhere! Can someone explain how difficult it would be to take out the internal 150w psu from the antec isk 300-150 and use a 120 w picopsu . I have read its possible to put it the shuriken rev b but the psu needs to be modded / moved. But I really like the idea of a silent setup.

Apart from the psu the cases are supposed to identical right?

Is as simple as taking out some screws and done to take the 150W psu out... you can try the 150w psu and see what sounds it makes... if you are not happy then get a pico. Big Grin
(2013-02-21, 21:08)magic_phil Wrote: Hi dougie thanks for the advice. Being honest I dont like the case as much as the antec but ripping out the psu simply for aesthetics and less noise is going to be costly .... its a tough call! Are there any uk suppliers of this alternative besides your site dougie? International shipping + customs = Sad

These guys appear to have them: http://www.qubecomputers.co.uk/?post_type=product. However, I know nothing about if it's reputable outfit. They posted here once but never came back.

Here they have some Realan products too and some other cool ITX cases: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/it_tech_uk/m.h...ksid=p3686

Antec is fine too. It's always nice to see some options.
Thanks for the help guys! Antec cases are quite expensive possibly due to some of the demand this thread has created decided to go with the Inwin bp655. Its been done before and everything worked .. Might still be ripping out its psu and adding some vents. But the case is half the price of the antec and leaves some money towards a picopsu. Thanks again. Ill be back if I run into problens Wink
(2013-02-22, 11:43)magic_phil Wrote: Thanks for the help guys! Antec cases are quite expensive possibly due to some of the demand this thread has created decided to go with the Inwin bp655. Its been done before and everything worked .. Might still be ripping out its psu and adding some vents. But the case is half the price of the antec and leaves some money towards a picopsu. Thanks again. Ill be back if I run into problens Wink

You should come back even if you don't have issue and post some pictures! I don't think we've had pictures of a A6-PACK in that case yet. Best of luck!
Oh where to start ... my supplier sent me completely the wrong case instead of the Inwin BP655 he decided to send a full size ATX case! whilst waiting for him to come and collect this. I went and bought the ISK 300-150 .

So far so good managed to fit the shuriken rev B in as well. Power cable normally goes straight through the middle of the case so i removed the power cable connector mounting (2 screws!) and placed the lot inside the case . Shuriken fits no problem now!

I have 1 small noobish question .... MB has 2 cpu fan connectors and 1 chassis fan connector.
Shuriken is plugged into cpu fan 1
80mm Case fan is plugged into cpu fan 2?

Anyone know if the psu fan needs to be connected ? I cant seem to find an appropriate cable and I'm worried if done wrong I might cause some damage.
Also was expecting the psu fan to be really loud and on a test boot , I couldn't hear it ( need to check if its spinning)
Also found that in the first image on this page http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133028 the cpu fan is plugged into what i thought was the chassis fan. Also not sure where the case fan is plugged into mine is plugged next to my shurken. And the fan control works....

Any help greatly appreciated!
(2013-03-06, 13:42)magic_phil Wrote: Anyone know if the psu fan needs to be connected ? I cant seem to find an appropriate cable and I'm worried if done wrong I might cause some damage.

The PSU fan should be connected to the PSU internally. Huh If you replace the fan, you'll need to run the fan wires outside the PSU and connect it to either a motherboard header or molex connector depending on the fan's connector.
Still enjoying the A6-PACK everyday..... CHEERS!
d00d! You gotta dump that and get a NUC Wink

I am looking forward to the 45W Kaveri APUs to build some new A8 packs.

Nice to see you beer40oz.
Interesting thread Smile

I'm running a few Openelec pi's, and cant help but be a bit unimpressed by how slow it is sometimes with some tasks. I would love something a little more snappy like this for my main machine.

I actually already own a Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B CPU Cooler 120 mm that I had in an old larger antec microfusion case. Does this, cooler fit in the 150 version of the case used in this thread? What mods are needed if any? I think from what ive read, I will lose the dvd drive, but am a little unsure if i have to remove the psu to make it fit alsoHuh

Also if my old mobo is a different fitting and i have no longer got the extra fittings that came with the cooler, am i screwed (pardon the pun) or can i order spares from anywhere that would allow me to connect it to the mobo used in this thread?

Is the a more recent mobo recommendation for a build now that we are getting on for 2 years down the line?

Cheers
MMM
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10