• 9(current)
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!
(2012-04-15, 18:53)Beer40oz Wrote: CRAZYSleepy
Congrate.....and it's time to take a break and enjoy the movie now.......oh, create restore point for today....Big Grin

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
FTW SKIPPY!!!

hey skippy, you installed SP1?

cuz im just thinking if SP1 contains this fix already...
(2012-04-15, 18:00)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 11:56)eskro Wrote: its not only about speed, its mostly about preventing excessive & unneeded writes to your SSD.
I don't need it. As long as I don't save anything in it, it'll not write anything to it. I'm using 30GB SSD, and it's still almost 10GB left after almost 2 years (and it's almost the same free space as when I installed it). Everything is stores in external USB 3.0 drive. It works as smooth as butter without any special treatment, and the infamous OZ SSD I installed almost 2 years ago still work fine too. In my believe, the less settings the longer it last.......

well if you dont need it, so be it,
on my 32GB SSD, im happy that PageFile and System Restore
dont eat my disk space. its crucial for me.

disabling those 2 makes you gains back many GB's of space.

i personally did my optimization steps to Beer40's new htpc via Team Viewer,
and we can confirm you we gain back 4GB of space by just doing those 2 tweaks!

from 15GB to 19GB in a split second!

Yes we did it.... everything seems to work. Everything is running very nice now. Bluray time to watch some vids and relax....
No worries I made a snap shot before we did all the SSD stuff just incase.
Tongue 
(2012-04-15, 21:57)Beer40oz Wrote: Yes we did it.... everything seems to work. Everything is running very nice now. Bluray time to watch some vids and relax....

I will do the same as well as accompanying my movie w/ a nice cold beer! Wink
(2012-04-15, 21:57)Beer40oz Wrote: Bluray time to watch some vids and relax....
Yes....after a hard work (I have to mow the lawn, kill the weeds, replaced air intake/cabin filters in the cars, etc) today, it is time to enjoy the movie or NBA. If you have this "Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q", you can enjoy Mavs and Lakers game on ABC (HD 1080P OTA) on your A6-3500....it's a good stuff!

(2012-04-15, 22:24)bluray Wrote:
Yes....after a hard work (I have to mow the lawn, kill the weeds, replaced air intake/cabin filters in the cars, etc) today, it is time to enjoy the movie or NBA. If you have this "Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q", you can enjoy Mavs and Lakers game on ABC (HD 1080P OTA) on your A6-3500....it's a good stuff!

So with this I can pick up all my local HD channels for free? or can it do more?
(2012-04-15, 22:53)Beer40oz Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 22:24)bluray Wrote:

So with this I can pick up all my local HD channels for free? or can it do more?
Yes....that is what it for.....I used to have one last year. I'm using a similar internal HD TV tuner card now.....it pick up all local HD channel with ease...

Updated the first page.... I hope to get some videos soon. Smile
As requested Eskro.......

The systems boots at 20 seconds at the push of the button.... before the ssd optimize steps it also booted the same time. Blush
I have 21GB free out of 29.7GB when i did this. You can see a video here... I have no delay on XBMC....
wow man!!

nice boot up vid!!

20 seconds is unReaL!!

insane stuff my friend.. insane stuff...

your raised the HTPC bar with this build...

A new era of HTPC's is rising!!

Stay tuned!!
Awesome Beer thanks for the video! I can't wait till my case comes so I can get mine built. I got everything else just sitting here staring at me.
Not gonna lie, mine is pretty much going to be identical to yours thanks to you making me do a last minute switch to this case. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the windows logon sound though, that's gonna have to go away for me, either nothing or maybe something like the THX sound.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

(2012-04-16, 04:27)Mick1152 Wrote: Awesome Beer thanks for the video! I can't wait till my case comes so I can get mine built. I got everything else just sitting here staring at me.
Not gonna lie, mine is pretty much going to be identical to yours thanks to you making me do a last minute switch to this case. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the windows logon sound though, that's gonna have to go away for me, either nothing or maybe something like the THX sound.

Yah.... im not finished with it! you can also change the blue screen on all that.... too....

Let me find the link.... I know bluray knows what I am talking about.... he showed me a link and a video of how you can change the boot..... maybe he can help...
(2012-04-16, 02:53)Beer40oz Wrote: The systems boots at 20 seconds at the push of the button....
That is excellent speed Beer.....you beat me by 18 seconds. Since the beginning of time, my AMD E350+GT430+3 USB hard drives+AsRock instant boot is 38 seconds at the push of the button. If I remove the GT430 and all 3 USB hard drives from it, I might be able to match your bootup time. My E-350 is slower than your A6-3500 though....

I might be able to match your time with my next Intel i3-2105 build for sure......I'll meet you at 20 seconds.......

(2012-04-16, 04:27)Mick1152 Wrote: I'm not sure I'm a fan of the windows logon sound though, that's gonna have to go away for me, either nothing or maybe something like the THX sound.
You can customize Windows7- Customizing Windows for XBMC

• 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A6-PACK ☆ ISK 300-90 picoPSU HTPC A6-3500 Very Silent!10